Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 09:50:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: bitcoin exchange server distribution  (Read 430 times)
Whynot8282 (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 02:59:16 PM

Do bitcoin exchanges distribute their servers so that attacks can only harm part of distributed servers? 
watashi-kokoto

Activity: 682
Merit: 269

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 03:18:46 PM

Yes popular exchanges do use off the shelf technology and content delivery networks. In any case, complete resistance
to ddos attack is difficult to guarantee. For this reason, and the subsequent lost access to funds in case an exchange is targeted,
we do not hold significant funds on any exchange without a very good reason.
Whynot8282 (OP)

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 08:15:20 AM

is the tech hard to apply? I heard, first of all, it needs more servers. Does it mean, in AWS, do I need to have more than one EC2? 
~Bitcoin~
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 09:14:07 AM

is the tech hard to apply? I heard, first of all, it needs more servers. Does it mean, in AWS, do I need to have more than one EC2? 
you seem to be going to open bitcoin exchange service yourself. I think its better contact network engineer who is experienced with this things.

Whynot8282 (OP)

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 07:50:52 PM

Yes popular exchanges do use off the shelf technology and content delivery networks. In any case, complete resistance
to ddos attack is difficult to guarantee. For this reason, and the subsequent lost access to funds in case an exchange is targeted,
we do not hold significant funds on any exchange without a very good reason.

Thanks for your reply.

Well is the shelf technology hard to achieve?

An exchange consists of mysql, bitcoind etc, and they are connected each other to run the exchange.

Could you please tell me how it works? The concept means MYSQL is installed in A server and Bitcoind is in B server. How to get them connected eachother?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: