Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 12:03:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BANNED OR HACKED???  (Read 410 times)
cryptohunter2 (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 05:03:35 PM

seems my old account cryptohunter was either banned or hacked??

how to find out which ?

if i press password reset using username it says it has sent a retrieval link

if i press password reset using the email it was registered to it says no such account?

I know it is the correct email account since i see all the previous notifications from bct in there still?

nxtZen

Activity: 606
Merit: 513

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 08:04:14 PM

how to find out which ?

if i press password reset using the email it was registered to it says no such account?

I know it is the correct email account since i see all the previous notifications from bct in there still?

most likely it is hacked. if you try to restore through an e-mail, and reports that such e-mail doesn't exist - means changed setting up the account. ask for the help in support
cryptohunter2 (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 12:21:36 AM

how to find out which ?

most likely it is hacked. if you try to restore through an e-mail, and reports that such e-mail doesn't exist - means changed setting up the account. ask for the help in support

Yes it must of been hacked but how did they change the email linked to btc without having access to the email
EthanB

Activity: 462
Merit: 336

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 12:23:14 AM

I once heard a member mention that if there is a security question associated with the account it can sometimes result in your account getting locked when attempting to retrieve/reset your password.
Did you have a question set-up by any chance?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: