Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:46:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: "Rabinovitch" has been locked for some reason... Please help!..  (Read 2725 times)
Rabinovitch_recovery (OP)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 05:11:36 PM

-----BEGIN BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----
My account Rabinovitch has been locked for unknown reason. Please reset the email to asherbina@hotbox.ru. The current date is 26.01.2016.
-----BEGIN SIGNATURE-----
16K8MUmL3HCsonDEfbGbAiWaxuwmT3fng1
II0TjURH6qGnaapfpMnW+gqqpwBWHugE8sb4tR4Rly12BIJSnWUW+YmeFv1EizQP8noXVVZv/9nXsSrbWVaqzeY=
-----END BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----

Is that correct format of the signed message? Never did it before...  Roll Eyes

This BTC-address should be signed in my account's profile details since it's my default address.

Here is the link to my profile at bits.media: https://forum.bits.media/index.php?/user/17178-rabinovitch/

Please don't mention my bad rating there - a group of assholes intentionally pushing it down since this is possible at that forum.   Angry

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2016, 06:09:10 PM

link to profile: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=135747

You need an unedited post with that address, link it here an external site will most likely not be accepted.

My account Rabinovitch has been locked for unknown reason. Please reset the email to asherbina@hotbox.ru. The current date is 26.01.2016.
16K8MUmL3HCsonDEfbGbAiWaxuwmT3fng1
II0TjURH6qGnaapfpMnW+gqqpwBWHugE8sb4tR4Rly12BIJSnWUW+YmeFv1EizQP8noXVVZv/9nXsSrbWVaqzeY=

Is that correct format of the signed message? Never did it before...  Roll Eyes

This BTC-address should be signed in my account's profile details since it's my default address.

Here is the link to my profile at bits.media: https://forum.bits.media/index.php?/user/17178-rabinovitch/

Please don't mention my bad rating there - a group of assholes intentionally pushing it down since this is possible at that forum.   Angry

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
MCHouston

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

Where am I?

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 07:23:23 PM

Rabinovitch_recovery asked me to post in this thread.

He described a sale that was with Rabinovitch that was done only in PM, so that I do believe these are the same people as he described the items of the sale and the locations of where each one was sent and no one else unless they read his PMs would be able to describe the details of the transaction.

BTC 13WWomzkAoUsXtxANN9f1zRzKusgFWpngJ
LTC LKXYdqRzRC8WciNDtiRwCeb8tZtioZA2Ks
DOGE DMsTJidwkkv2nL7KwwkBbVPfjt3MhS4TZ9
ABitNut

Activity: 764

I'm a cynic, I'm a quaint

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 12:43:25 AM

January 23, 2016, 09:10:20 AM - Rabinovitch - password reset via secret question
January 23, 2016, 02:09:30 AM - Rabinovitch - password changed

It's locked because you've used the secret question to recover your account:

This is a Public Service Announcement:

If you lose your password, DO NOT USE THE SECRET QUESTION TO RECOVER THE ACCOUNT. It will result in your account being locked. Please use the email recovery option to recover the account.
The reason that the accounts are locked is because the May 2015 hack leaked Bitcointalk's database which did not securely secure the Secret Question and Answer. To prevent people from guessing the answers, theymos made it so that accounts that are recovered using the secret question are automatically locked when the option is attempted. This is to prevent hackers who may be able to guess the answers from the leaked database.

If you have had your account locked, to recover it, please send and email to the email displayed on your screen when you try to login. You can also create a new account and pm both theymos and badbear. In the email and PM, to prove your identity, You MUST sign a message with a bitcoin address that you have posted previously, at least 2 months prior. Please be patient. Theymos and BadBear are busy people. Your email or pm may become lost among all of the other stuff that they have to do. You should resent your email and pm once a week so that they will see it and get around to you. If you need help signing a message, check this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=990345.0

If you haven't lost your password yet or you have regained access to the account, don't set the secret question, it can be a hassle. Make sure that you have the email set to an email address that you can access. That will make everything so much easier and will not require the long recovery process.
EthanB

Activity: 462
Merit: 336

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 12:46:58 AM

I know this isn't directly responding to OP, but this security question thing is an obvious problem.. Why don't they just remove the "feature" from the forum entirely?
Yeah there's a PSA about the security questions being evil, but that doesn't really address the problem.

tl;dr Is there any plans about fixing the security question problem?
ABitNut

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 12:50:42 AM

I know this isn't directly responding to OP, but this security question thing is an obvious problem.. Why don't they just remove the "feature" from the forum entirely?
Yeah there's a PSA about the security questions being evil, but that doesn't really address the problem.

Then why didn't you go and post this in the thread I quoted or open your own thread instead of going off-topic here?
EthanB

Activity: 462
Merit: 336

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 12:58:43 AM

Then why didn't you go and post this in the thread I quoted or open your own thread instead of going off-topic here?

To ask a question...

I read through that thread and there is no mention of plans to fix it. Briefly someone mentions "new forum software", but there is no talk of a solution or removal of this secret question.
I understand there was a hack and it's a safety precaution, but that's over and done at this point. The cat is out of the bag, and I'm wondering what the plans are to fix it.

I'm sure OP is wondering the same thing.
whywefight
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1042

www.explorerz.top

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 01:07:54 AM

there will be no fix till our 2 million super awesome new forum software will be launched.

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 04:10:35 AM

I'm wondering why don't they (admins...) warn every newly registered user about the possibility of hacking of their accounts and about some measures they should take in order to avoid losing their accounts...

Something like a little howto...

1) NEVER use a "secret question" option to recover your password;
2) Your foremost post at this forum should contain your BTC address - ADD A BOOKMARK to that message in your browser and NEVER edit it (neither bookmark nor post);
3) whatever-else...

Angry

I have no messages containing my address mentioned in the first post, I have a message with another my bitcoin address somewhere on this forum, but it will take some time to find it...  Angry
ABitNut

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 06:15:58 AM

I'm wondering why don't they (admins...) warn every newly registered user about the possibility of hacking of their accounts and about some measures they should take in order to avoid losing their accounts...

2) Your foremost post at this forum should contain your BTC address - ADD A BOOKMARK to that message in your browser and NEVER edit it (neither bookmark nor post);
3) whatever-else...

Angry

I have no messages containing my address mentioned in the first post, I have a message with another my bitcoin address somewhere on this forum, but it will take some time to find it...  Angry

2b) Post your address in the stake your address here thread.
3) Make sure someone quoted your unedited post with the address.

Otherwise someone that hacked your account can edit your post and common folk cannot verify ownership anymore.

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 08:08:10 AM

OK, I found a post with another my address.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=903855.msg10058229#msg10058229

My account Rabinovitch has been locked for unknown reason. Please reset the email to asherbina@hotbox.ru. The current date is 31.01.2016
16Yr4vWg7zj8TLQ5pjZQLeKE7LtsSCASmm
HwvUQzpZ8iElJ7pQyCjeg2X9rZCMgZUKWW1OzvHGiFHTauQpeMEkS6ugGLAV87p/1oukiXhUK3xtZUXmrT278FY=

Please theymos unlock my main account. Please...  Cry
kingaltcoins

Activity: 784
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 08:18:04 AM

OK, I found a post with another my address.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=903855.msg10058229#msg10058229

My account Rabinovitch has been locked for unknown reason. Please reset the email to asherbina@hotbox.ru. The current date is 31.01.2016
16Yr4vWg7zj8TLQ5pjZQLeKE7LtsSCASmm
HwvUQzpZ8iElJ7pQyCjeg2X9rZCMgZUKWW1OzvHGiFHTauQpeMEkS6ugGLAV87p/1oukiXhUK3xtZUXmrT278FY=

Please theymos unlock my main account. Please...  Cry

Verified! (But its not an address posted 3 months ago)

Next time be sure to stake your address here > https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=996318.0

You can pm theymos now with the proofs.

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 01:45:29 AM

PMed already. Still no reply.  Undecided
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 05:55:05 AM

3) whatever-else...

Angry

I have no messages containing my address mentioned in the first post, I have a message with another my bitcoin address somewhere on this forum, but it will take some time to find it...  Angry

That stinks being locked out.  I tried to warn new people a while back - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1214627.0 .  I bumped the thread after seeing this maybe it will save a few from troubles.

It would be nice if it was removed instead of doing this.  Or like you said a warning added to page. 

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 01:33:01 AM

Hey, it's time soon to post a review of B-Eleven SHA-256 miner. Please admins unlock, unban my main account. What else should I do?  Huh
--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1007

hee-ho.

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 01:39:29 AM

Hey, it's time soon to post a review of B-Eleven SHA-256 miner. Please admins unlock, unban my main account. What else should I do?  Huh

you can only be patient and wait. sometimes it get recovered fast, sometimes it can take weeks before your account get recovered. in the meantime you can just use that account to post. it's not like you got banned from posting.

I'm not sure if that address is old enough though. if you have sent an address on PM 3+ months ago then use that instead.

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 10:25:08 AM

if you have sent an address on PM 3+ months ago then use that instead.
How can I get an address from PM if I have no access to that account?.. Anyway I can't remember such a PM...

OK, let's wait...  Sad

p.s. that address (16Yr4vWg7zj8TLQ5pjZQLeKE7LtsSCASmm) has been posted a year ago.  Wink
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2016, 09:47:14 PM
Last edit: February 04, 2016, 07:40:03 AM by shorena

How can I get an address from PM if I have no access to that account?.. Anyway I can't remember such a PM...

OK, let's wait...  Sad

p.s. that address (16Yr4vWg7zj8TLQ5pjZQLeKE7LtsSCASmm) has been posted a year ago.  Wink

Where did you post it? (link)
Sign the above message with it.
I missed it, see knightdk's reply below.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 6606

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2016, 01:22:03 AM

OK, let's wait...  Sad

p.s. that address (16Yr4vWg7zj8TLQ5pjZQLeKE7LtsSCASmm) has been posted a year ago.  Wink

Where did you post it? (link)
Sign the above message with it.
It is in the link that he posted. Read the date carefully.

BTW, you can use my site http://www.bctalkaccountpricer.info/ to also check for addresses. They are listed at the bottom with links to the first post containing that address. That address is the only one he has posted according to my site: http://www.bctalkaccountpricer.info/?token=va0vgo81

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 06:19:04 AM

Hello again! I'm still here waiting for the miracle. theymos doesn't reply on my PMs.

Can I post somewhere out of this Meta thread under this temporary account? What if I need help with my mining equipment for example?..
ABitNut

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 08:18:05 AM

If you are not banned then you are free to post with your (hopefully) temporary account.
Decoded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

give me your cryptos

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 09:23:52 AM

Hello again! I'm still here waiting for the miracle. theymos doesn't reply on my PMs.

Can I post somewhere out of this Meta thread under this temporary account? What if I need help with my mining equipment for example?..
If your account is banned, you cannot post on anywhere on the meta forum, and nothing unrelated to your account being banned. This is a temporary account made for recovery purposes only.

looking for a signature campaign, dm me for that
ABitNut

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 12:52:44 AM

If your account is banned, you cannot post on anywhere on the meta forum, and nothing unrelated to your account being banned. This is a temporary account made for recovery purposes only.

They are not banned. Their account got locked out:

January 23, 2016, 09:10:20 AM - Rabinovitch - password reset via secret question
January 23, 2016, 02:09:30 AM - Rabinovitch - password changed

It's locked because you've used the secret question to recover your account:

So they can create as many new accounts as they want and post everywhere. They just have to deal with newbie restrictions...

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 03:44:08 AM

Looks like we are banned.  Undecided

http://snag.gy/fKoML.jpg
freakying99

Activity: 429
Merit: 250

Pythagoras and Plato are my brothers.

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 06:47:35 AM

Looks like we are banned.  Undecided

I think the account was banned a long time go and to be specific 3 days before you opened this thread.Probably because someone tried to reset the password through the security question, which is visible in the image below.

--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1007

hee-ho.

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 12:12:22 PM

^ that's the message you get when your account gets locked. it does say you're banned, but you are still able to post outside of this thread. a ban message is in red.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 02:16:00 PM

^ that's the message you get when your account gets locked. it does say you're banned, but you are still able to post outside of this thread. a ban message is in red.

To be specific it is the message you get when you reset via secret question.  It's been like that for a while ever since forum DB was taken.  Ever since reset via email is only way. 

I wish it warned people about secret question not to use.  But it does not.  And not sure why but some used fake emails.... so leaves them in a  pickle.

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 04:17:18 AM

I am still waiting. theymos doesn't reply yet.  Huh

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 01:24:54 PM

Waiting...

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 05:17:04 AM

And still...  Sad
ABitNut

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 08:54:54 AM

And still...  Sad

I admire your persistence. I do hope it will pay off. Sometime.
Rabinovitch
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076

BTCLife.global participant

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 05:32:17 AM

I admire your persistence. I do hope it will pay off. Sometime.

So here I am!  Grin

Huge thanx to theymos (I found his account and sent to him a PM at Reddit...).

From Siberia with love! Hosting by Rabinovitch!
Fundraising for BOINC Farm
Пpoфeccиoнaльнo зaнимaюcь paзвёpтывaниeм фepм (ASIC, GPU, BURST, STORJ, Filecoin), oбopyдoвaниeм пoмeщeний для мaйнингa.
letyouearn2

Activity: 322

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 06:02:06 AM

I am really glad to know that you have received your old hero member account bank.  But seems I am unlucky,  still I didn't got mine.

Can you tell me what exactly you have pm to theymos on reddit ?

Rabinovitch
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076

BTCLife.global participant

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 07:57:52 AM

PMed.

From Siberia with love! Hosting by Rabinovitch!
Fundraising for BOINC Farm
Пpoфeccиoнaльнo зaнимaюcь paзвёpтывaниeм фepм (ASIC, GPU, BURST, STORJ, Filecoin), oбopyдoвaниeм пoмeщeний для мaйнингa.
letyouearn2

Activity: 322

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 08:20:08 PM

That seems really weird. I didn't received a response from theymos on reddit too.

Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: