Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 09:25:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Give me some advice please  (Read 2025 times)
The_only_one (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 09:34:46 PM

The miner you linked to is 3.85 gh/s

You claim to want 100,000 th/s

To get anywhere near that speed you need either latest or next gen equipment and a lot of it.

It doesnt come cheap so may be worth mentioning your budget.

p.s. it seems to me you are mixing gh/s with th/s

I know the difference between gh/s and th/s
I mean pci bitcoin asic miners like this link it's all
I want to know how I get those
Okay?
alh
Legendary

Activity: 1843
Merit: 1050

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 09:35:55 PM

If you are really serious about 100PH (i.e. 100,000 TH), then here is a starting point to consider:

http://bitfury.com/products#container-datacenter

I have no idea what it costs, nor when it could be delivered, nor all the other infrastructure costs. At $.08/KWh, plan on an electric bill of roughly $86,400 for a month to run a single one of them. Keep buying them until you run out of money, or electricity, or otherwise come to your senses.

Contact BitFury for further details. I am sure they will be happy to take your money.  Smiley
markj113
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 11:12:05 PM

The miner you linked to is 3.85 gh/s

You claim to want 100,000 th/s

To get anywhere near that speed you need either latest or next gen equipment and a lot of it.

It doesnt come cheap so may be worth mentioning your budget.

p.s. it seems to me you are mixing gh/s with th/s

I know the difference between gh/s and th/s
I mean pci bitcoin asic miners like this link it's all
I want to know how I get those
Okay?

so you want 100,000 TH/s of pci card asic miners  Roll Eyes

I think you really need to do some proper homework before splashing the cash.

p.s. what is your budget for all this equipment?
alh
Legendary

Activity: 1843
Merit: 1050

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 11:45:21 PM

The article quoted above is from late 2014. That's roughly two generations in BTC mining terms, To the best of my knowledge, there are NO PCIe card based miners being produced. Any that exist are long obsolete in terms of speed and power efficiency. Probably the last close approximation was the Butterfly Labs Monarch, and even that was never actually deployed in a PCIe slot. The PCIe form factor and connection provides no rational benefit at the present time. The connection speed (i.e. the PCIe link) is entirely wasted, and the power infrastructure doesn't support the actual power demands for any current ASIC implementations, except at tiny scale (i.e. a few chips).

While I am certain you could engineer such a PCIe card, it would be completely non-competitive in terms of cost, speed, and power consumption.

You have actually gotten a lot of advice as the title requests. You just have to listen to it, and not try and fit into an article that was interesting 15+ months ago.
disclaimer201
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 07:48:35 AM

Bowie in Space calling Major Tom! OP is obviously a total troll. Don't take him seriously. He didn't mention any data but an imaginary number of 100.000 T/h, lol. The heat dissipation of one tenth of it alone would be a huge problem, especially in Dubai. Even at room temperature, one single S7 can be a problem without proper cooling and air condition, let alone 1000 of them, let alone 10.000 of them let alone 20.000 of them. Electricity for cooling will easily multiply the amount of electricity needed for the miner.

In short, it would be easier to make it rain 24/7 over a large part of the desert than bringing this project alive. #fail at conception
markj113
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 08:19:24 AM

I think the guy is a time waster too, no mention of budget.

Just a dreamer.
DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 08:24:07 AM

I think the guy is a time waster too, no mention of budget.

Just a dreamer.

So BFL is not coming out with a 100,000TH/s miner then?  And they told me that I would get it SOON - I think 2 weeks was their estimate.
mickiya

Activity: 195
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 10:05:40 AM

Lets start with:

-Where are you located in the world?
-What are your electric costs?

We can move on from there once we have that established.
in Ukraine electric costs 0,03666$ -1KW

The electricity price is so cheap. So why there is always some argument with Russia about the gas supply?
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 10:29:11 AM

Lets start with:

How is reliability though?  Is the grid pretty stable?

Even with so low of cost I don't see few going there due to possible government issues.  Not the most stable environment it would seem with fighting there at least in news.
GreatNorthData

Activity: 105
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2016, 05:41:27 PM

Lets start with:

How is reliability though?  Is the grid pretty stable?

Even with so low of cost I don't see few going there due to possible government issues.  Not the most stable environment it would seem with fighting there at least in news.

We've got lots of room in Canada - and no civil war.

Lowest-Cost Miner Hosting:  greatnorthdata.com
Bitcoin Market

Activity: 251
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 11:14:58 AM

If you are really serious about 100PH (i.e. 100,000 TH), then here is a starting point to consider:

I have no idea what it costs, nor when it could be delivered, nor all the other infrastructure costs. At $.08/KWh, plan on an electric bill of roughly $86,400 for a month to run a single one of them. Keep buying them until you run out of money, or electricity, or otherwise come to your senses.

Contact BitFury for further details. I am sure they will be happy to take your money.  Smiley

That data centre stuff is best for the low electricity places. It could be easy to maintain. But it has to be put in a remote place with cheap electricity.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 05:47:41 PM

That data centre stuff is best for the low electricity places. It could be easy to maintain. But it has to be put in a remote place with cheap electricity.

To be fair we don't know price of just miners from bitfury or container to say what would be cheaper.   I do agree in most cases buying miners and having data center to put it in is cheaper.  And most of the big players already have data centers... so they are more likely to get just the gear I think.

I also thought about it when you mention "remote place".  Some of the places gear is being put in is not the most stable enviornments.   I'm not sure as a investor I would want all my gear inside a shipping container someone could steal.  Imagine your entire investment being drove off (not likely to happen but scary thought).  Compared to big data center where security around miners.  If you have a data center at least they have to take the time to move them to transportation making it more likely to catch someone.
mickiya

Activity: 195
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 11:40:15 AM

To be fair we don't know price of just miners from bitfury or container to say what would be cheaper.   I do agree in most cases buying miners and having data center to put it in is cheaper.  And most of the big players already have data centers... so they are more likely to get just the gear I think.

I also thought about it when you mention "remote place".  Some of the places gear is being put in is not the most stable enviornments.   I'm not sure as a investor I would want all my gear inside a shipping container someone could steal.  Imagine your entire investment being drove off (not likely to happen but scary thought).  Compared to big data center where security around miners.  If you have a data center at least they have to take the time to move them to transportation making it more likely to catch someone.

I heard in China, there is many hydro plants in remote place, it is difficult to consume the power locally, so many mining farms are built near the hydro plants.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: