Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 03:07:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: "Ladies And Gentlemen: Presenting...A New Alt Bull Market!" [Suggest Sleepers!]  (Read 641 times)
Nxtblg (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2016, 08:30:43 PM

Just look, and drool if you want, at this screenshot of Poloniex's top-ten volume coins:

And then, spend some time perusing charts of the top-ten or -fifteen alts at Coinmarketcap. You'll see that today's action is a lot more than a one-off. I have no doubt that Chinese buying is behind it, but the action for coins like Etherium and Factom have been longer and stronger than a typical P & D.

Hell, Nxt has woken up! Even Bitshares has turned around!

So, I put it to you: we're witnessing the birth of a new altcoin bull market that's the spillover from Bitcoin's shift to the bull. True, there's been a time lag between BTC and the now-hot alts, but that's not uncommon. One of the lag factors was people dumping their alts for Bitcoin itself. At first, I though it was just the changing of the fads for "dev-superteam" coins like Factom and Etherium, but many other biggies are catching fire. If the venerable DOGE is skyrocketing as well, we're looking at little more than a new alt-flavour-of-the-month.

"If It's A Bull Market, Why Aren't My Coins Rising?"

Because that's how bull markets start off. It's the hot ones that catch fire first, and the fire does take some time to spread. True, it doesn't spread all over the sector and the spreading can take some time for yours (and most of mine, I have to admit.) Also, the fad game is never-ending; as long as your alt is "out", it prolly won't do that much.

HOW TO PLAY THE NEW BULL MARKET: THREE APPROACHES

1. Jump Aboard The Choo-Choo. This one actually works pretty well in a bull market, all told. I jumped on the XEM train, grumbled about paying too much Wink and was surprised to see it shoot up to double what I paid. I missed the Etherium choo-choo at 0.0045 - but if I hadn't, I wouldn't have any real reason to complain. But that said, jumping on the train carries with it the same old risk.

2. Wait For The Bullet Train To Derail, Then Jump On Board. This approach, also known as "wait for the pullback," is the strategy recommended by stock-market pros. Just wait for the derailment, buy in, and wait for the bullet train to be put back on the track and bullet away again. The main risk for this strategy is "opportunity risk": getting left behind. But that's a better risk in an important way, because an "opportunity loss" still leaves you whole.

3. Find A Sleeper And Wait Patiently For It To Wake Up. This strategy, potentially, will bag you the most lucre. The problem with it comes with "Wait Patiently". I know: it is galling to sit and watch your alt roll downhill a little while the hotties are choo-chooing along. The best strategy to cope with this is "compartmentalized ignorance." Just sit on your sleepers and don't connect their sleepiness with the hot performers. This "compartmentalized ignorance" served me very well with VPNCoin after I bought a taste of the gig [only 2'500] through the Nxt Asset vpn2nxt a couple of months ago. I just sat on the durn thing and didn't pay much attention as it slept away; I just thought the coin was neat. One sleeper I missed was Factom when it was a tenth of what it is now.

SUGGEST A SLEEPER!

Got an alt that you think is a sleeper? Feel free to share it, but please explain why you think it's going to wake up. Example:

"I think GEMZ is a sleeper because GetGems Messenger is going viral. GEMZ hasn't woken up because there's no way to buy some through the app as yet. Once there is, there'll be a huge demand for GEMZ and it'll wake up!" <-- This "story" provides a "why." Pls supply one for yours.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 07:59:08 AM

UNO
NXT
PPC
BLK
WDC

---
what is happening?
China loves to hit it big.  Looks like they will do plays like this every so many months.  They run the Bull!

Next they've pumped some real junk (as far as we know deadish coins)
But they are also reconfirming coins that work for both the West and the East

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 08:20:46 AM

I have missed a lot of these choo choo trains, but fortunately I always keep the #2 in my mind and never try to feel left behind if I cant get onboard in a comfortable position.

I am currently monitoring NXT

Only Bitcoin
Nobitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 966

In holiday we trust

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 08:23:25 AM

Depends on what the Chinese like  Grin

I recommend CUBE has the potential to triple or quadtruple in price.
GTO911

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 08:24:51 AM

This pump has been organized by China

So any coin still not pumped by China is a straight buy. Below chart shows coins(in blue) not getting pumped by China

Nxtblg (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2016, 01:15:46 PM

Thanks for your responses. I threw up this thread in part to see what reactions I'd get. Bull markets tend to start when there's widespread skepticism - caused by too many folks who've had too much flesh removed from their bones by the prior bear - so the mostly positive responses have got me wondering if this call was too late. Tongue

Now that I'm one of the respondents, I'd like to point out that XEM has fallen back to 100 satoshis after bottoming out at around 90 or so. It's also faded from the top-ten in volume at Polo. It had a huge run because a major Japanese online bank, SBI, and the Japanese companies Infoteria and Sakura Internet are working on a private-blockchain fork of NEM called Mijin. The stocks of Infoteria and Sakura exploded upwards, and XEM followed along: reaching more than 140 at its peak. Since then it's pulled back - making it consideration-worthy under Approach #2.

I am talking my book with respect to XEM - I hold ~3.1 million of them - but I bought so I can set up and run a NEM Supernode. To do so, my balance has to be 3 million minimum. So yes, I'm talking up a major holding, but I pretty-much have to HODL all but a small fraction of what I've got.

Here's an interesting tip: Supernet, symbol UNITY, HODLs ~16% of the entire market cap of VPNCoin, now #12 at Coinmarketcap. The UNITY market doesn't seem to have caught on yet. When I found out, I added 50 to my 100 UNITY in the Nxt Asset Exchange. UNITY might well be a sleeper, on the basis of its HODLings; its chart does look like a bottoming is in place. It HODLs at least 10% of its core coins, one of which is VPNCoin. But that said, I did mean "HODL". Supernet's prolly trading at a big discount to its NAV for a good reason: its HODLings have the time frame of "forever." There's no way to unlock the HODLings' value - which is a feature, given what Supernet is going to be - so UNITY trading at a large discount to its NAV is reasonable.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: