Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 05:33:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Rimbit moving towards full community management  (Read 1730 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
rimbit (OP)

Activity: 353
Merit: 250

Rimbit - No mining, just development

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2016, 08:00:21 AM

Rimbit is starting to prepare itself to move to a full community run Crypto Currency and its time that we also get the most talented people to help the community grow.

Our community strongly believe in that the community should be the ones that steer Crypto Currency and that is why we developed Rimbit to be miner free, to avoid the influence of mining on a coin.

Everything we do, is done as a group and we would like to expand on the talent by asking those on Bitcointalk who can see past the "status quo" of what a perceived coin must do to be a success and we think that we have empowered Rimbit to be just that, by the way we put it together, the removal of mining and the ability to move sales towards development of Rimbit.

We need people who can take Rimbit further and we hope to see you as members soon.

The article we recently posted, is an indication of the next phase in the direction we are going.

http://rimbit.com/threads/moving-towards-a-community-run-rimbit.742/

We are very committed group and will help anyone who shows some drive and initiative Smiley

[ANN] Rimbit --- We removed mining so its just the community and coin --- Click Here
toucan

Activity: 148
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 04:15:00 PM

I have been on board with Rimbit for just over 1 year now. As I researched crypto coins, the mining aspect seemed to be a great big negative as now only the very wealthy companies can afford the hardware to perform the confirmation functions.

They do earn new BTCs for their efforts, but as the cost and complexity increase continually, how long can they afford to keep upgrading the massive hardware cost? Now about 20 firms control 90% of BTC. And the big 3 control 51%, all in China.

This isn't a community coin any longer!

RBT on the other hand is controlled by the people with wallets and do the confirmation themselves. In exchange, they earn 5% per annum on their RBT holdings in the wallet. There is never any expensive hardware to but to get started. Any Windows, Mac or Linux computer is all you need.

Rimbit is crypto version 2.0 - just a more sensible way of doing things Smiley

Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 04:25:31 PM

I have been on board with Rimbit for just over 1 year now. As I researched crypto coins, the mining aspect seemed to be a great big negative as now only the very wealthy companies can afford the hardware to perform the confirmation functions.

They do earn new BTCs for their efforts, but as the cost and complexity increase continually, how long can they afford to keep upgrading the massive hardware cost? Now about 20 firms control 90% of BTC. And the big 3 control 51%, all in China.

This isn't a community coin any longer!

RBT on the other hand is controlled by the people with wallets and do the confirmation themselves. In exchange, they earn 5% per annum on their RBT holdings in the wallet. There is never any expensive hardware to but to get started. Any Windows, Mac or Linux computer is all you need.

Rimbit is crypto version 2.0 - just a more sensible way of doing things Smiley

Wow! An endorsement from a newbie with 4 Rimbit supporting posts altogether. Seems legit. I believe you must not be a sockpuppet Smiley.
cellule

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 05:16:47 PM

Toucan is right, Rimbit is well maintained by its community and will always be. There is no chance for any group to take it over like we see in other cryptos. Well said Toucan! Wink
toucan

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 05:59:56 PM

It is exciting to 'mint' those interest payments. You act as your own bank with RBT.

5, 10, or even 100 free RBT interest now may not seem like much $$, but when the price rises to 50 cents, $1 or $10, it will be significant Grin
toucan

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 06:28:13 PM

Wow! An endorsement from a newbie with 4 Rimbit supporting posts altogether. Seems legit. I believe you must not be a sockpuppet Smiley.
[/quote]

No I am a real person, but I do wash and change my socks daily Roll Eyes
Hofer

Activity: 33

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 06:56:55 PM

I have been with Rimbit more or less since it was first launched! Over those years i have seen some great improvements and cannot wait to see even more Smiley So I would like to invite anyone that is looking to make a profit, or looking to support a cryptocurrency to join us. Also before you make assumptions please do your own research on us, the best place for that is our Forum at www.rimbit.com
ibizz5ho

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 08:31:03 PM

I'm new to the forum, researching bitcoin and alternatives. I can't believe the fluctuation in pricing over the years. Rimbit seems to have a slow but steady increase, is my perception true?

I also like the idea of not being subject to cpu farms in China to generate coins. Seems wrong to me.
toucan

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 09:42:49 PM

There is a steady rise in sale price on our primary sale web site ... IndieGoGo..currently at  $0.0143 with this batch of 1 million.

The price is somewhat dependent on sales on the 3 exchanges where RBT currently trades. C-Cex, useCryptos and Yobit.

As more people get involved with RBT and spread the word creating more interest and increased sales and price increases will follow.

This is set up for the long haul...not a pump and dump and run away to the next coin. RBT will be 2 years old in May

Come and join us, look at the forum and we welcome all suggestions to improve RBT. It really is a community project.  Smiley
rimbit (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2016, 03:02:00 AM

No I am a real person, but I do wash and change my socks daily Roll Eyes
[/quote]

Good to know that!
Nice rebuttal as well Smiley

As I stated on the RBT forum, its a tough crowd, but I should have known that you guys can manage yourselves fine !

[ANN] Rimbit --- We removed mining so its just the community and coin --- Click Here
rimbit (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2016, 06:53:26 AM
Last edit: January 28, 2016, 08:07:59 AM by rimbit

We also run badges on our forum at http://rimbit.com/forums/ which has certain levels in which you can get Rimbit from the forum.
One of the first badges you can get is a First Post badge Smiley

Our forum also has a "Projects" page which is there to help assist members starting up projects as well as keeping the community informed  Smiley

toucan

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 03:57:54 PM

Whereas BTC requires a person to buy some expensive mining machines that have a useful life of a couple months and the need of a nuclear power plant to run, RBT is developing a RaspberryPi wallet (called RimbitPi) that can hold your wallet and mint interest. Cost will be less than $250.

One of our members is putting the finishing touches on it with a 3D printer to make the cases. This should mint new RBT as interest and probably use $5 or less electricity for a whole year.

It is geared to 3rd world so even poor people can get free RBT, but hobbyists are waiting for the first batch, as well, to test them. Go RimbitPi   Cheesy
toucan

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 08:11:43 PM

Lots discussion on another thread comparing POW vs POS. The problem with proof of work is that it gradually becomes centralized over the years to the huge mining farms located in countries with the lowest electricity costs.

It has taken BTC 5-6 years to get to the point that 19 'farms' control 95% and just 3 'farms' 51%. There is already discussion of governments buying up these mining farms and then we are back to BTC being a fiat currency. I would not trust a lot of funds to the ChiComs.

When I looked at LiteCoin, they listed all the different mining devices, so they are well down that road too.

With POS however, there is no fancy hardware to buy, just use your PC. So instead of spending thousands on 'miners' with a functional life of 2-3 months at the most, just buy you RBT outright, as much or a little as you like.
rimbit (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2016, 05:58:52 AM

Quoted from a post on the Rimbit Forum

Groups that need to be put together (and please suggest others) will be responsible for Rimbit and voting should be in place so the community decides who is responsible for a designated role.

-Marketing
    -Software Development
    -Hardware Development
    -Forum Administration
    -Banking
    -Legals
    -Head of Rimbit (overall overseeing of Rimbit)

http://rimbit.com/threads/moving-towards-a-community-run-rimbit.742/

This is the biggest difference between Bitcoin/Altcoins and Rimbit.
We removed mining, so its never influenced by China/Mining farms
We have since inception, stated that the community will end up controlling Rimbit and we are now pushing that concept on our forum and that is also why we have realized we need more talent from the Crypto Community and started being more active on Bitcointalk.

So if you are interested in taking on a leadership role, become a member of the Rimbit forum, get to know people and involve yourself with the community, so when the time comes, you can put your name down for one of the positions that members will vote on...

Even if you dont want to take on a position and have some constructive ideas or projects, our forum listens and we do (and have) financially backed some projects Smiley
http://rimbit.com/forums/

toucan

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 02:53:57 PM

Minting interest sure is satisfying. I have never 'mined a coin' as in BTC or LTC, where it costs both arms and legs to receive 'free coins'. I am sure most people now don't do any mining as the set up cost for hardware is prohibitive and potential return limited to 2-4 months at most.

I receive free RBT through minting by keeping my wallet open several hours daily. Seeing the notification pop onto my screen showing new RBT interest going into my wallet is EXCITING. I average about a new mint once or twice daily.

It may not be much now, but when RBT gets to $1 value, it can cover my rent!
SockPuppetAccount

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

MiG Messenger - earn while chatting

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2016, 10:51:31 PM

Rimbit, take your sock puppets and leave please.

No one is falling for it.

No one here wants your shit coin.
toucan

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 02:46:43 PM

He dork...free country. If you don't want Rimbit fine..Get off the thread.
Coinmaster11

Activity: 7

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 09:09:55 PM

Would be great to see some actual discussion rather than some users hopping on purely to abuse without even presenting a valid reason why..

Personally, Rimbit has been a great introduction into the Crypto world for myself and I assume many others based on discussions on the Rimbit forum. Surely it only benefits the greater community if more people are getting involved, learning and trading various coins.
toucan

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 09:35:30 PM

Coinmaster, I agree. I have been involved with Rimbit for a few weeks over 1 year now. I have learned so much about cryptos, BTC etc with the RBT forum..

It is a serious group of people dedicated to make sure Rimbit is a long term success and is not a pump and dump like a majority of BTC knock-offs (really..who needs Titcoin, CannabisCoin and on and on)

Differences between mining and premined cryptos are discussed and premined where you just buy what you want without investing in heavy duty ASIC miners is just common sense.

With BTC concentrated in China and 3 firms control 51%, it is not a pretty sight.

Anyway, time will tell and I am sure there will be several long term players, but RBT will be among them.
toucan

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 04:40:24 PM

Rimbit has their own email system now for regular forum members  Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: