Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 03:56:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2016-01-27]Why Did Satoshi Nakamoto Abandon Bitcoin?  (Read 249 times)
ukeden (OP)

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

If voting made any difference they wouldn't let us

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 10:50:01 AM

If you had created something that had gained popularity across the world, would you stop working on it?

That’s what Satoshi Nakamoto, the anonymous founder of Bitcoin, did. People have many different theories as to why he did that. Numerous news outlets – like Newsweek and Wired – have tried to uncover the real Satoshi Nakamoto.

Ideas about why Satoshi left the project goes all the way to the top in Bitcoin, like core developer of Bitcoin, Gavin Andresen. As he wrote on BitcoinTalk:

“Um… I haven’t had email from satoshi in a couple months actually. The last email I sent him I actually told him I was going to talk at the CIA. So it’s possible , that…. that may have um had something to with his deciding.”

Before that post on the popular Bitcoin forum, Satoshi made a seemingly nervous post regarding Wikileaks accepting Bitcoin.

“It would have been nice to get this attention in any other context.  WikiLeaks has kicked the hornet’s nest, and the swarm is headed towards us.”

Some people point to the fact that Satoshi knew he had a virtual fortune (literally) if Bitcoin succeeded. That’s why he designed bitcoin to be divisible to 10-8, in case the high price became such it would make it hard to trade Bitcoin. Thus, Satoshi’s apparent belief he could not remain anonymous, according to some, fueled his decision to leave the project.

People tend to believe that, although he used a Japanese moniker, Nakamoto hailed from the US or UK, in part due to his English skills.

More https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/why-did-satoshi-nakamoto-abandon-bitcoin/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: