Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 01:46:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Block chain safe to use yet? Or has it gone rouge for 2013?  (Read 1503 times)
ah2222255555 (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 02, 2013, 12:45:19 PM

Hi, I would like to procure some bitcoins via pingit and blockchain.info.

But reading up there are people having problems with this.

Today is 2nd Jan, the world has not ended and alot of people are back at work and cracking on as normal with life. Am I safe to buy some bitcoins or will I lose my money?

I would post in this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=134074.20  , but I'm a newbie and cannot.

Should I try buying just a £10 worth of coins and then report back here if successful?
It would be better than losing £100 but I would still be gutted as hell:(
BruceCampbell

Activity: 6

View Profile
January 02, 2013, 01:38:23 PM

It's not presently 'safe'. I was promised coins within 10 minutes. That was 4 days ago. Fuck all to show for it, no responses to my support ticket, no idea what the hell is going on or when/whether i'll get my funds.
Within the last couple of hours they've acknowledged on their facebook page that there's a problem, but other than that, everyone is just sitting in limbo, twiddling their thumbs and trying not to freak out.

I feel confident that it'll be usable again at some point, but for now, i'd steer well clear mate.
ah2222255555 (OP)

Activity: 9

View Profile
January 02, 2013, 04:25:58 PM

Cheers for that, Looks like I had better wait.

Maybe look for an alternative exchanger in the mean time in case it takes long for blockchain.info to get their act together.

Maybe I should look into getting another online wallet to hold/transfer bitcoins in as well.

Up until now my experience has always been pretty good with blockchain.info
Only problem I ever had was sometimes the currency displays would revert back to dollars after I had set it to pounds as well as certain small anomalies with the totaling of transaction history. Non of this seemed to affect the core functionality though.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: