Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 02:42:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Syncing wallet?  (Read 664 times)
acatagorical (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 02, 2013, 08:04:36 PM

Total Newbie here and would greatly appreciate some help

I opened a wallet at blockchain.info
I clicked on Cash Deposit and put in for $22
Printed out the slip and went to the local CVS where I payed via Moneygram/Zipzap
Came home and signed in to blockchain but no money appeared.
Contacted support at bitinstant who sent me a link to my transaction showing a bitcoin address that is different from my wallet address.

Now I cannot figure out how to 'deposit' or 'move' the bitcoins from that address into my wallet

Thanks in advance
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
January 02, 2013, 08:56:52 PM

Contacted support at bitinstant who sent me a link to my transaction showing a bitcoin address that is different from my wallet address.

So you chose the "Bitcoin to e-mail" method?  (Delivered by Coinapult?)  If so, that is a different service.   [Edit: The "cash deposit" goes right to the ZipZap / CashPayment.com site, so that's probably not what happened in your instance.]

Now I cannot figure out how to 'deposit' or 'move' the bitcoins from that address into my wallet

If that is from Coinapult, then you simply "Withdraw" [I think that's the name of the button there] and when it asks for a Bitcoin address, paste the bitcoin address from your Blockchain.info/wallet.

Not sure.  Are you saying the Bitcoin address that BitInstant shows you is not one of the addresses shown in your wallet under the Receive Money panel?

That panel shows a tab for Archived addresses.  Make sure your Bitcoin address isn't hidden in there either.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

acatagorical (OP)

View Profile
January 02, 2013, 10:02:16 PM

Thanks for the reply.  Let me see if I can explain this better.

When I visit https://blockchain.info/wallet/login
I see This is your bitcoin address 1BQGH....
Total transactions 0
At the top $).00

When I follow the link I received from Bitinstant, it takes me to http://blockchain.info/address/1MaN....

There I see Address 1MaN....
Hash 160
Tools Taint Analysis
Big QR code
Transactions: 1
Balance $21
Below that are: Deposit with cash | Request payment | donation button
Then below that Transactions:
1PFVG....  Big Green Arrow 1MaN...

I assume that the 1MaN... should be the same as my receiving address of 1BQGH...
Or that there should be some way for me to deposit the money in the 1MaN...address into my wallet at 1BQGH....

Does that make any sense?
acatagorical (OP)

View Profile
January 02, 2013, 10:22:09 PM

Sorry - forgot to answer your other question

Under Receive Money
Addresses - Active
I have two addresses here: 1BQG... and 1DykZ...
Nothing in Archived

Wonder if this may be related to the bigger issues I am reading about with blockchain that have been ongoing for past few days.  As a total newbie, blockchain seemed legit and an easy way to get set up.  I just needed the bitcoins for a one-time payment.
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
January 02, 2013, 10:33:47 PM
Last edit: January 03, 2013, 01:26:35 AM by Stephen Gornick

I assume that the 1MaN... should be the same as my receiving address of 1BQGH...
Or that there should be some way for me to deposit the money in the 1MaN...address into my wallet at 1BQGH....

This is just a hunch, but did you leave checked the "Make Anonymous?" where it will mix the coins sent to you?

If so, then the address that BitInstant sent to you will not be in your wallet.  

If the mixer is out of coins (which is entirely possible, ... being that those who bought coins through PingIt aren't getting theirs right away either), then this problem could be related:

Apologies for the delay, the cause is due to us being out of coins. A wire transfer was sent to an exchange 6 days ago which should clear anytime now, normally they only take 24 hours.
All pending transactions will hopefully clear tonight. Fees will be waived for any transactions delayed more than 2 hours.
- http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/15u8ui/warning_blockchaininfo_users_reporting_missing/c7pw6cl

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

acatagorical (OP)

View Profile
January 02, 2013, 10:35:45 PM

Yup - I did leave that checked (and only later realized it was a way for them to get an extra fee tacked on)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: