Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 12:47:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Only GPU miners. We will help each other  (Read 1463 times)
malekbaba (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1026

SellDefi.com | Earn by selling files

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 03:33:20 PM
Last edit: January 28, 2016, 06:23:09 PM by malekbaba

Currently many of us, are mining with GPU, with single or multiple cards. This section will be used as a information index about GPU mining. We will discuss about new coins, new algo, new mining software and profitability.
As a new miner, it is too hard to find correct coin to mine. Hope this thread will be a nice place for new miners. Please mention the following:
1. what coin you are currently mining
2. What is your your miner
3. What is the hash you are getting ?

There are experienced miners and devs here. hope they will come to help us too.
malekbaba (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 03:35:01 PM

I am mining with MSI GTX 970 4G
Mining Ethereum with ethminer cuda (genoil)

Do you think you have other coin to mine other than ethreum today ?
joblo
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1114

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 06:09:10 PM

Currently many of us, are mining with 970, with single or multiple cards. This section will be used as a information index about GTX 970. We will discuss about new coins, new algo, new mining software and profitability.
As a new miner, it is too hard to find correct coin to mine. Hope this thread will be a nice place for new miners. Please mention the following:

There are experienced miners and devs here. hope they will come to help us too.

I don't think this needs to be specific to the 970. Why not broaden the scope? First which nvidia cards perform
better on which algos. For example the 750ti is an oustanding performer when mining lyra2v2. How about
AMD cards, CPU mining, various mining software, free and $$$.

To answer your questions I have a pair of EVGA 970s and I mine mostly with ccminer-1.5.74-SP_mod.
But there are other variations with their own benefits.

Also come join us in the miner SW threads. There's lots of discussion about squeezing more hash.

I will shamelessly plug my new fork of cpuminer called cpuminer-opt, meaning optimized.
It's the fastest cpu miner I am aware of and supports the most algos.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1326803.0

AKA JayDDee, cpuminer-opt developer. https://github.com/JayDDee/cpuminer-opt
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5226770.msg53865575#msg53865575
BTC: 12tdvfF7KmAsihBXQXynT6E6th2c2pByTT,
malekbaba (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 06:25:23 PM

74 release is faster than 78 ? And what is the most profitable coin for mining with gpu, this days
malekbaba (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 12:40:26 PM

Ethreum or vanilla or what ? What to mine today ?
bluebox

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

caeruleum arca archa

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 08:32:50 PM

Currently ETH using ethminer-cuda-0.9.41 on an EVGA SSC 3975 GTX970 (two when it arrives this afternoon Smiley 17.5MH/s with mild overclocking (110%, 1450 clock boost). Essentially the same hashrate as three 750ti's; so 3x50W vs 1x90W on dagger....

Previously ran FTC with ccminer-djm34-neoscrypt (CUDA 6.5 not 7.5) on same card, 700KH/s with O/C.

Gave up on DASH/x11 though price is rising a little, used same as FTC, 8+MH/s.

LTC/scrypt is ridiculous any more, but used cudaminer-2014-02-28 x64, I forget the hashrate.

Off-topic: I'm a through-and-through Chevy guy, but MAN that new Ford GT is just awesome (Rolex24H Daytona)

"The hurrier I go, the behinder I get..." - Lewis Carroll
bobben2

Activity: 279
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 01:54:35 PM

You can mine Ether with AMD 280X or 380(X) with 4Gig mem.
I use AMD 280X and  GTX 970 (Strix from ASUS).
The GTX-cards are much more noisy, the power draw about the same as 280X,
but the nvidia-drivers are more stable than amd drivers.

But be prepared to baby-sit your rigs as ethminers are unstable.
If interested, try to look for a miner that has stratum built in.  It improves hashrate and stability.
I use Xubuntu 14.04 and it is crap compared to Xubuntu 12.04 since AMD drivers are broken.  
I wish I could run eth* on 12.04 :-(   but it doesnt compile ootb...
Windows is out as well due to its builtin unstability, long install time and licence cost..
At least if you have newer motherboards then Win 7 is out as it may not recognize newer NICs.
I have heard Win 8.x is better at recognizing HW and installing correct drivers for it, but YMMV.

I would buy 380s if I knew how to undervolt them.
Currently, I am running my Gigbytes, ASUSes and Sapphire Vapor-Xs on 0.987V @ 1000M core.
They have been stable for more than two years constant mining various coin.
The XFXs I cannot undervolt lower than 1.1V   grrr

Hashrates ETH:  280X ~ 20MH/s  @ 1000/1500,  GTX 970:  ~ 16MH/s @ stock clock

Fellow miners, get your thens and thans in order and help other forum readers understand what you are writing. Remember the grammar basics:  B larger THAN A (comparator operator). If something THEN ....
bluebox

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

caeruleum arca archa

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 11:16:57 PM

You can mine Ether with AMD 280X or 380(X) with 4Gig mem.
Someone mentioned in another thread that the 380X is slower mining ETH than 280X. Seems most brands have higher core clock than 280's, but slower/narrower memory.

I use AMD 280X and  GTX 970 (Strix from ASUS).
The GTX-cards are much more noisy, the power draw about the same as 280X,
but the nvidia-drivers are more stable than amd drivers.
Everyone's experience is different, but I agree with instability of AMD drivers on linux. I gave up on an old 7000 series a year+ ago because of the pain/upkeep involved. Rolled a gaming box (ASRock mobo w/EVGA 970 SSC), and since it was Win7 gave mining a try for kicks. Even though I hate windows it worked a lot better than expected, and was very stable. The EVGA's are quiet; "silent pc" fans on the case are louder than they are. Turns out Genoil's ethminer/cuda works well enough and is rock stable that I added another card (for SLI gaming, of course  Wink ).

But be prepared to baby-sit your rigs as ethminers are unstable.
Windows is out as well due to its builtin unstability, long install time and licence cost..
At least if you have newer motherboards then Win 7 is out as it may not recognize newer NICs.
I have heard Win 8.x is better at recognizing HW and installing correct drivers for it, but YMMV.
Not my experience at all (win/cuda miners). Unfortunately cuda-based devs are more oriented/plentiful on windows, so... Component drivers are provided by vendors, no need to rely on mr. softie. Linux can sometimes be iffy though...

Total system power draw w/dual 970's is 270W, getting 36MH without o/c (but the card is factory o/c'd anyway). Losing a few MH/s to save a decent bit of juice.

So far, a solid two weeks of 95% mining/5% gaming without a hitch (or reboot, if you can believe it). RHEL/CentOS is my pref distro because of work, but compiling eth miners (dependencies) is too much of a pain. If anyone has successfully run an ethminer on Linux Mint I'd give that a go...

"The hurrier I go, the behinder I get..." - Lewis Carroll
conspirosphere.tk
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064

Bitcoin is antisemitic

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 11:20:13 PM

I am folding Gridcoins, and disappointed because I could not be able to fold on Linux, so I'm folding just with my mule with Seven. If anyone found the way to fold with BOINC on Linux and Radeon cards please let me know.
Esenhowell

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 10:20:36 AM

I would buy 380s if I knew how to undervolt them.
Currently, I am running my Gigbytes, ASUSes and Sapphire Vapor-Xs on 0.987V @ 1000M core.
They have been stable for more than two years constant mining various coin.
The XFXs I cannot undervolt lower than 1.1V   grrr

Your GPU are of good quality. They can run 1000 MHz with only 0.987 v.

Have you tried 900/1250 MHz setting?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: