Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 12:34:32 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [PRE - ANN] BitRecovery - A Coin for Scrap Metals and More!  (Read 2742 times)
BitRecoveryDeveloper (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 05:48:46 PM

BitRecovery

A coin for Scrap Metals and More...

My family ows a junkyard, and I really like crypto currency. Why not work on creating a coin for scrap metals and more?

Ticker: BTR
Algo: SHA256
Total Coin Count: 1,000,000,000 - 10 years
Total Premine: 1 %

Going to keep this thread real simple, and avoid those stupid ass graphics and bullshit.

My family owns the junkyard, and we receive many things on a daily basis that I believe people could potentially use in return for crypto currency.

Maybe a CPU or PSU for your miners, or how about some scrap metal or car parts for that car project in your driveway?

If anyone is looking to help me with ideas, logos, or criticism please comment below.

I will add to this thread regularly as the idea continues to blossom.

Have a good day.
logocreator
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

www.cryptodesign.cc

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2016, 06:06:11 PM

junkcoin, i can help with logos

Bawaler

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2016, 06:08:23 PM

Consider setting a price in your coins per weight for each metal type.

Sounds interesting and can be developed further if there is possibility to change scrap for coins and vice versa.
What about mining and this token's specifications?

⌘ This ain't just a symbol of a PoI ⌘
I recommend Yourserver.se VPS for hosting, pay with BTC.
notsofast
Legendary

Activity: 1517
Merit: 1042

@notsofast

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2016, 06:24:11 PM

Sounds interesting and can be developed further if there is possibility to change scrap for coins and vice versa.

This is fricking cool. A singularly-purposed idea to ascribe arbitrary value denomination, via cryptocurrency, to items of arbitrary value as junk: market value, salvage value, opportunity cost of storage space, component value...

One challenge will be for you to figure out shipping, which is NOT arbitrarily priced, and is expensive especially in relation to the junk item being shipped. If you go that route.

twitter.com/notsofast
qwep
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 08:01:44 PM

Oh this seems like something new, do you get a lot of copper in the yard?
CryptoWitch

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

This is my life. This is my path.

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 08:57:14 PM

Countdown timer?

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 09:51:22 PM

junkcoin, i can help with logos

Thanks for your response. Would you be interested in providing some samples? "JunkCoin" sounds like a good name as well.

Pegging the price to weight was my first thought. Thanks for the suggestions. Mining details and specifications is something I'm putting a lot of thought into. I wan't people to still be able to mine this crypto currency in 8-10 years, and it not be a fly by night sensation. I wish to be fair with the launch allowing everyone to have a chance to mine some, as I feel the more miners calls for more interest.

Long term I wish to develop serve all purpose website to handle every transaction allowing any and everyone the ability to cash in on their scrap for the crypto currency, and in other cases allow people to use the crypto currency towards purchase of the many things we have in inventory.

Alot of the background foundation is already set up within the business itself, its just merging crypto into it it all that gets me excited!

This is fricking cool. A singularly-purposed idea to ascribe arbitrary value denomination, via cryptocurrency, to items of arbitrary value as junk: market value, salvage value, opportunity cost of storage space, component value...

One challenge will be for you to figure out shipping, which is NOT arbitrarily priced, and is expensive especially in relation to the junk item being shipped. If you go that route.

Thanks for your interest in the idea. It's nice to actually receive legitimate responses in regards to this. I think your breakdown is spot on with my thought process. Shipping isn't to hard to deal with as we have a few different contracts with certain shipping providers. You are right about it being rather expensive and that is a issue we will have to dig deeper into. Do you have any first hand recommendations? Maybe charge consumers for shipping, or offer some sort of frequent flyer shipping discount in some cases?

Oh this seems like something new, do you get a lot of copper in the yard?

Thanks for your interest. Believe it or not, copper is a pretty popular item here on the yard.

Countdown timer?

Please give me a few days to really zero in on any sort of launch date. Ideas are still brewing here. Any contributions would be appreciated. Thanks.
kevin1234a
Legendary

Activity: 1162

Decentralizing Jesus on the Blockchain

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2016, 10:27:29 PM

you also have to setup eshop and accordingly shipping of stuff. i would suggest to keep POW period for a day or 3 and then go with full POS. but nice concept and watching this space to see further updates
good luck

sebastien1234

Activity: 654
Merit: 252

PR Director@Blockchain Foundry/Co-Founder@Syscoin

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2016, 12:03:10 AM

You could leave all the Dev work to the Syscoin team and start selling your items directly on the Syscoin blockchain once the main net release is launched!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=757255

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 12:56:53 AM

you also have to setup eshop and accordingly shipping of stuff. i would suggest to keep POW period for a day or 3 and then go with full POS. but nice concept and watching this space to see further updates
good luck

Thanks for the suggestions. I will take them into consideration. I think the hardest thing with the estore would be getting a payment processor on board. I see many services out there but I'm not sure which one gets me the most bang for my dollar. Shipping will be sort of tricky, but I do have shipping providers with better rates than the avg public. Thanks for watching, and if you wish to chime in with any other suggestions please do so.

You could leave all the Dev work to the Syscoin team and start selling your items directly on the Syscoin blockchain once the main net release is launched!

I will take a look at your suggestion. Thank You.
codenamethisNutz

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 03:17:57 AM

good luck

Thanks for the suggestions. I will take them into consideration. I think the hardest thing with the estore would be getting a payment processor on board. I see many services out there but I'm not sure which one gets me the most bang for my dollar. Shipping will be sort of tricky, but I do have shipping providers with better rates than the avg public. Thanks for watching, and if you wish to chime in with any other suggestions please do so.

I will take a look at your suggestion. Thank You.

Really nice to see the interaction with the forum, i really dig the scrap metal part of this is pretty much a billion dollar industry also.

█▄                     ▄█
███▄                   ▄███
██████                 ██████
████████▄             ▄████████
██████████▄           ▄██████████
█████████████         █████████████
████████▀██████▄     ▄██████▀████████
████████   ▀█████▄   ▄█████▀   ████████
████████     ▀██████▄██████▀     ████████
████████       ▀█████████▀       ████████
████████   ▄██▄    ███████    ▄██▄   ████████
████████   ▄████▄    ▀███▀    ▄████▄   ████████
████████   ████████     ▀     ████████   ████████
MARTKIST
 ▄▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
 ▀▀

▄▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
 ▀▀
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
████████████████▀▀▀█████████
██████ ▀██████▀      ▄██████
██████▄   ▀▀▀        ███████
██████▄             ▄███████
███████▄           ▄████████
██████▀▀▀        ▄██████████
███████▄▄     ▄▄████████████

▄▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
 ▀▀
Decentralized Martket
Alies & Assets
Certificates and More...
Arrakeen

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

Offer escrow, receive negative trust

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 03:59:11 AM

While you have a cool idea in mind, this thread sounds more of a brainstorming session than anything concrete.  Using words like "Maybe" "Why not" "Help" - not to mention:

we receive many things on a daily basis that I believe people could potentially use in return for crypto currency.

Maybe a CPU or PSU for your miners, or how about some scrap metal or car parts for that car project in your driveway?

Is poorly written and causes the reader to backtrack to your sales pitch.  I read this as: My family has a junkyard, and every day we get stuff that people might want to use but pay for in crypto (but it has to be my coin).

Very confusing!

Having said all this, please realize my post is constructive criticism; I'd be glad to help out in any aspect if you require an extra hand. 
Brob12321

Activity: 630

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 04:01:21 AM

I'm just having a bit of trouble linking the scrapyard business with the cryptocurrency, are you saying you would pay your customers with a cryptocurrency like this or am I totally off ?
cointron

Activity: 896

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 06:22:13 AM

I like it, good luck!
qwep
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 01:56:17 PM

Hello dev, will this be only POW ? or will you add staking node or POS ?
anticlimax
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 04:01:38 PM

good luck

Why would you think a 24-72hr pow would benefit this coin?
All that does is reward the first people in the door and doesn't really do anything beneficial for the coin itself.

Sounds to me like you only made that suggestion so you can make a quick buck.

twitter @antiiclimax
TrueAnon
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 04:06:03 PM

Is your family related to him...Huh  Shocked

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_Avery
davien

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 04:24:16 PM
Last edit: January 29, 2016, 04:45:26 PM by davien

Ok i understand that it's a coin for junkyard and scrapmetal, but why don't you try to make some physical coins maybe, and BitRecovery could be backed by some real coins Cheesy

EDIT : i've just checked out the earlier posts and i see that there is already this idea developed Cheesy

Fademigo

Activity: 201
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 04:38:55 PM

So trading in this coin is similar to commodity trading. Do we need coin for each metal type, say iron, copper and nickel?
robelneo
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 1208

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2016, 05:07:54 PM

Now we have for almost everything this is a good concept and with a wide market,every country has a junkyard here in our place,every corner has a jundk yard but not every body can mine as those owners some of them do not have access to the internet or to busy to collect junk

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: