Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 11:26:30 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WTB Screen for HP Pavilion touchscreen 15-p051us  (Read 199 times)
eddie13 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 2262

BTC or BUST

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 11:42:05 PM

What I would like is the whole screen half hinges and all but the only parts I really need is the glass screen (with digitiser thing?) and the back plastic clamshell cover for the back of the screen..

What happened: Brand new laptop and in less than a year the screws came loose that hold the right hinge to the screen half. This got sloppy until the hinge pretty much ripped off the back clamshell cover and broke that corner of the back cover off where the screws hold it on. IIRC 2 of the 3 screws came out and the last one broke stuff from trying to hold on it's own.

I took it apart and put a bolt all the way through the hinge and back clam cover with a big washer on the outside and that fixed that. But when I was putting it back together I got the little wire for the webcam I think across the little clip deals that rout the wire wrong. The little wire was in the way and when I went to squeeze/snap the glass screen back into the clam cover after fixing the hinge my glass screen cracked. I can't believe I made this stupid mistake and kick myself in the a**..

It's only got 2 little cracks on the left side and I have been using it like this for a while but it killed the touchscreen part. It kept like constantly clicking/touching on/around the spot that cracked so I disabled the touchscreen driver so I can use the computer.

I'm hoping that one of you techies might have one that you could give me a good deal on. The whole thing or just the parts I would need to fix it. I mostly just need whatever part to fix the glass screen.

Do any of you know what is all required to replace just the glass? Like can you separate just the glass from the rest of the screen or do you have to replace it with the digitizer or whatever on these models?

Or if you could help me find the parts at a decent price somewhere that would be cool too.. Or know a good place to send it out to be fixed? About what do you think that would cost?

Chancellor on Brink of Second Bailout for Banks
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: