Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 07:50:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How much would a simple website cost?  (Read 319 times)
u9y42 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1071

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 11:45:13 PM

I'm not sure this is the best/right sub-forum for this question, but anyway: how much would a simple website cost? A friend of mine will possibly end up having one made for a project of his, and would like to have an idea of the prices being asked. The website itself would likely be very simple, with no more than 5 or 6 pages (home; about; a page to hold/show photos; and little more), and a menu to navigate between them - no login, database, or anything else, really.

Thanks.
teddy5145

Activity: 714
Merit: 528

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 12:20:15 AM

Well if you need a website to be that simple you can try to use Wordpress/Blogspot and add free theme in it Wink
Im sure it would cover most of your requirements for the website Tongue
Or you can host a free one year domain and customize it Wink
Good luck Smiley
seedtrue
Legendary

Activity: 963
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 01:02:03 AM

Your best bet for something that simple is to just get a economy godaddy plan. I think its $12 for a year
bitcoin revo
Legendary

Activity: 1168
Merit: 1049

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 01:56:31 AM

Well if you need a website to be that simple you can try to use Wordpress/Blogspot and add free theme in it Wink

This. However, if you want a custom website made for you, it should cost a measly amount like <$10-15; less if they use a template.
lumeire
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1009

Next-Gen Trade Racing Metaverse

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 02:28:00 AM

Approximately 10 bucks for the domain, and 2 to 5 bucks per month hosting. That is if you'll grab a free or nulled theme plus use wordpress, which should basically cover all what you should need.

If you need a coupon with hosting, try Hostwinds, use 99BTCOFF coupon for 99% discount on your first month.

▄▄████████▄▄           ▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄   ▄▄████████████████▄▄
  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
 ▄█████▀            ▀█  ▄█████▀            ▀█████▄
▄█████▀                ▄█████▀    ▄▄        ▀█████▄
█████▌                 █████▌     ████▄▄     ▐█████
█████▌                 █████▌     ████▀▀     ▐█████
▀█████▄      ▄▄▄      █████▀      ▀▀        ▄█████▀
 ▀█████▄▄   █████    █████▀  █▄            ▄█████▀
  ▀██████████████ ██████▀▀  █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀███████████ ████▀    ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀███████ ▀▀           ▀▀████████▀▀
            ▀███▀
|
..NEXT-GEN TRADE RACING METAVERSE..
|   WEBSITE   |   TELEGRAM   |   TWITTER   |   MEDIUM   |
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
u9y42 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1071

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 02:55:43 AM

This. However, if you want a custom website made for you, it should cost a measly amount like <$10-15; less if they use a template.

Well, first, the website really is for a friend of mine (I'm asking this on his behalf) - I would have no problem admitting it was for me, if that was the case. Wink

Then, the thing is, he was offered a sort of package deal, in relation to the project he is working on, and the website is only part of it (the rest is not IT related). But the amount they were asking for the work they would be doing was rather high, so, we were wondering if it could be due to the webpage somehow - looking at all the values mentioned so far (design, domain, hosting), I guess not.

That's all we needed to know; thanks, everyone.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: