Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 09:34:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: pros and cons of linkage between ISIS and Bitcoin  (Voting closed: May 08, 2016, 08:41:14 AM)
Yes, there is a linkage. - 0 (0%)
No, there isn't. - 4 (100%)
Total Voters: 4

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Europol Finds No Evidence Linking Bitcoin To ISIS  (Read 475 times)
Juhyun Kim (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 08:41:14 AM

Sourced from http://www.econotimes.com/Europol-Finds-No-Evidence-Linking-Bitcoin-To-ISIS-149986

I posted this article named "Europol Finds No Evidence Linking Bitcoin To ISIS." Bitcoin, the controversial digital currency came under fire following the horrifying terrorist attacks in Paris. and also checked reply in my reddit post
SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 3450

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2016, 09:59:19 AM

They didn't find any evidence because there wasn't any in the first place even still "Ghost Security Group has mentioned 1 to 3% of the total income is from BTCitcoin - not connected to Paris attack". Why would they even use BTCitcoin, it's not anonymous and could have higher chance of being tracked in comparison to other ways of funding. The thing is the whole thing is a coincidence that the time attack happened, there was a hype already going regarding BTCitcoin in the media and that could have be a factor to those false news that we all heard.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Blind Legs Parker

Activity: 2002
Merit: 721

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 11:59:13 AM

The more I learn about Bitcoin and the less I think that it is likely to be used by ISIS. Actually it's way too easy to track a bitcoin transaction for them to dare using it.
But crypto-currencies are still something that would be useful to them. The real private ones at least: Dash and the likes. And as someone said in another thread on the same subject in the past: they would probably create their own crypto instead of using other people's. There are only advantages for them to create their own crypto: they could control its value as well as its supply just as they want to, instead of relying on external decisionners. That's so much better for them. If they still haven't done so they will. But no they're not using bitcoin and will likely never use it.

Vous pouvez maintenant refermer ce topic et reprendre une activité normale. À ciao bonsoir.
ikydesu

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

fb.com/Bitky.shop | Bitcoin Merch!Premium Quality!

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2016, 01:39:19 PM

No I think, this news is antipodes with this news https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/europol-report-states-no-evidence-of-terrorists-using-bitcoin/
Bitcoin is actually easy to tracking, even Europol can tracking it. unless they use darkcoin.
poncom

Activity: 318
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 01:48:10 PM
Last edit: January 29, 2016, 02:08:56 PM by poncom

ISIS probably gets funded through the hawala system where money gets transferred through a trust based international network of people. If someone gives a broker money in one country an ISIS member could be paid by another broker in a different country. It's all base on cash and trusting people, so it's harder to trace transactions than using Bitcoin.
xuan87
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 01:55:55 PM

I think bitcoin didnt had anything to do with ISIS, in my opinion, eventhough we know that Bitcoin is anonymous, but actually we can track it, after that i think its bit inconvinient if the ISIS got fund using Bitcoin and then when they want to buy something they need to find the supplier that accept bitcoin, or at least they need to exchange it first, I think it bit complicated

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░
░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░██████░
░░░░░░░██████░░░░░█░░░░░████████░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░░███░░░████░░███░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░██░██░████░░███░░█████░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░██░░█░███░░███░░██████░░
░░░░░░░░░███████░██░█░█░░░███░░██████░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░███░░░███░░░█████░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██░░████░░░░░░██░░░██████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░████░░░░░██████░░░█████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▂▂ ▃▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ TeraWATT █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃▃ ▂▂
Global LED Adoption Through Blockchain Technology
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒『ICO IS LIVE』≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
WEBSITE』『WHITEPAPER
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
TWITTER』『TELEGRAM
n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 05:18:17 PM

Sourced from http://www.econotimes.com/Europol-Finds-No-Evidence-Linking-Bitcoin-To-ISIS-149986

I posted this article named "Europol Finds No Evidence Linking Bitcoin To ISIS." Bitcoin, the controversial digital currency came under fire following the horrifying terrorist attacks in Paris. and also checked reply in my reddit post

Why must be important this news? Even if ISIS has used bitcoin what does it mean? That bitcoin is terrorist? Or that has killed people? If so has killed people every kind of other money in existence. Beginning from the us dollar, euro or other important currencies (all the currencies of all the developed countries). Don't exist only ISIS but even other form of terrorism. Before ISIS were Al-Qaeda and in that time bitcoin was yet not born. So they had not the possibility to use it. For sure has used other kind of money and any kind of money have used must be named killer if can be compared with this kind of attention versus bitcoin for such kind of things. Have no meaning to discuss here such kind of news and to be created such kind of threads. For more with this kind of enthusiasm.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: