Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 05:42:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Wallet for website  (Read 402 times)
huskypower2015 (OP)

Activity: 94
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 10:34:37 AM

I have been browsing Github for an excellent web wallet for a site/project idea(s) I have.

The main concept(s) are these/this:

1.) Able to automate all inbound and outbound transaction with a simple scrip + any possible chron jobs.

2.) Very simple database management. Why make it difficult for yourself when you have a new database system that comes with the currency you use (the blockchain)?

3.) Proof-of-limited-control. All payments and profits will be controlled by the wallet rather than site admin, or severely limited to prevent/discourage theft of coins. The wallet will take payments and give coins to admin and/or user(s) without admin control based on algorithm.

Preferred languages (hierarchical): Python, JavaScript, Java, your choice language.

Looking for something/some-code that enables me to send a hashed request to send/receive coins to appropriate addresses, to manage data list of current items held by user, management of transfer of goods and services as well as accounting of bitcoins and any goods sold on site.

I am keeping this inquiry general for brevity, but for also the possibility that someone will recommend github code that I missed that I could employ later or improve on.

If you are a current website owner (or know someone who does,) who uses bitcoins for goods/service, what do you use? Why do you use it?
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4523

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 01:22:39 PM

lesson one

DO NOT HAVE A WALLET/BITCOIN CLIENT ON YOUR WEBSITE.

instead have a database that stores withdrawal requests.. and then a secondary system that is remote, that reads the database to then process the withdrawals.

its not rocket science, its not a time-lag concern either, as its can be automated. it just protects customers funds because there would be no private keys on the website at all..

the added bonus of a withdrawal request database is that your website is then not API calling the remote hot-wallet, because using an API would allow hackers to plainly see the location of the remote system by reading the API.

instead data sits in the database, and the website has no code to highlight the remote system(hotwallet) at all its not pushing any data out.... separetly the remote system looks in to read the data.. rather than the website looking out.

analogy..
dont leave your car keys in the car door because its easier to unlock the door if you have the keys with your car at all times. instead get a keyfob to remotely unlock your car before you even get within 10 paces of the car.. the car will not tell burglars that your keyfob is in your pocket

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
huskypower2015 (OP)

Activity: 94
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 09:45:13 PM

lesson one

DO NOT HAVE A WALLET/BITCOIN CLIENT ON YOUR WEBSITE.

instead have a database that stores withdrawal requests.. and then a secondary system that is remote, that reads the database to then process the withdrawals.

its not rocket science, its not a time-lag concern either, as its can be automated. it just protects customers funds because there would be no private keys on the website at all..

the added bonus of a withdrawal request database is that your website is then not API calling the remote hot-wallet, because using an API would allow hackers to plainly see the location of the remote system by reading the API.

instead data sits in the database, and the website has no code to highlight the remote system(hotwallet) at all its not pushing any data out.... separetly the remote system looks in to read the data.. rather than the website looking out.

analogy..
dont leave your car keys in the car door because its easier to unlock the door if you have the keys with your car at all times. instead get a keyfob to remotely unlock your car before you even get within 10 paces of the car.. the car will not tell burglars that your keyfob is in your pocket
What would you recommend I use?
How would you approach this?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: