Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 01:18:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: syncronization issue  (Read 604 times)
najeeb76 (OP)

Activity: 175
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 12:35:52 PM

HI

i just learned a bit about bitcoin 10 days back as i have to take a payout from some one in BITCOIN

installed bitcoin core on my laptop, didnt knew i have to syncronise it too, got my payment url fropam inside the bitcoin core wallet, and gave it to the company i needed to get paid, they paid but nothing showed in my bitcoin wallet so i googled and learned i need to have to syncronised

bitref.com though showing my payment received

soi started syncronisation been 2 daysas on slow net connection. now as i am under 1 yr 5 weeks behind i only have 17gb hdd space left,(after cleaning all i can from hdd)

now guys please tell me if space does not allow syncronise to complete what are my options to get my payment.  i have backed up wallet.dat file (but offcourse its with un synronised blockchains but my payment link/key must be in it, if i learn right)

really appreciate guys if some one can guide me through

regards

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
achow101
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 6635

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2016, 12:40:14 PM

Syncing bitcoin core will require 60+ Gb of discs, which you do not have. Your options are to either get a bigger hard drive or export your private key and import it to another lightweight client like Electrum which does not require the full blockchain.

najeeb76 (OP)

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 12:48:24 PM

Syncing bitcoin core will require 60+ Gb of discs, which you do not have. Your options are to either get a bigger hard drive or export your private key and import it to another lightweight client like Electrum which does not require the full blockchain.

export means take a backup?(single .dat file of few KB size) right? thats all i need ?

sorry but offcourse not that techie like u,my apologies

many thanks for the reply dear
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Merit: 4653

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 01:25:55 PM

In the "Help" menu of your wallet you'll find an option for "Debug Window".
Choose that option, and the Debug Window will open up.

In the Debug Window, you'll see a tab for "Console".
Choose that tab.

There will be a place at the bottom of the console where you can enter commands.

If you have not created a password for your wallet, then you can enter this command:
Code:
dumpprivkey theBitcoinAddressWhereYouGotPaid
Replacing the theBitcoinAddressWhereYouGotPaid with the actual bitcoin address that you had the payment sent to.

You should receive a string of 51 or 52 letters and numbers that starts with one of the following (5, L, or K).

This is the private key for your address. DO NOT SHARE THIS WITH ANYONE.  If anyone discovers this private key, they can take all of the bitcoins that you received at that address, and will be able to continue to take any bitcoins that you ever receive at that address again in the future.

Once you have your Private Key, you can choose some other wallet that does not need synchronization, and that allows importing of private keys.  Then you can import that private key into the new wallet and your bitcoins will be available to spend in the new wallet.  The method of importing will depend on which wallet you choose, so we can't help you with that until you've chosen your new wallet.

You could choose a wallet that does not allow you to import private keys.  If you want to do that, then you can set up a temporary wallet at blockchain.info, import the private key there, and immediately send the bitcoins from the temporary blockchain.info wallet to an address in the new wallet that you've chosen.

If your current wallet has a password, then before you run the dumpprivkey command you'll need to unlock the wallet with the following command:
Code:
walletpassphrase yourWalletPassWord seconds
Replacing the yourWalletPassWord with the password that you used to protect your wallet and replacing seconds with the number of seconds that you want the wallet to remain unlocked.

For example, if you used a password of fheaodienes and you want to unlock the wallet for 30 seconds then you would type:
Code:
walletpassphrase fheaodienes 30
najeeb76 (OP)

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 02:30:01 PM

In the "Help" menu of your wallet you'll find an option for "Debug Window".
Choose that option, and the Debug Window will open up.

In the Debug Window, you'll see a tab for "Console".
Choose that tab.

There will be a place at the bottom of the console where you can enter commands.

If you have not created a password for your wallet, then you can enter this command:
Code:
dumpprivkey theBitcoinAddressWhereYouGotPaid
Replacing the theBitcoinAddressWhereYouGotPaid with the actual bitcoin address that you had the payment sent to.

You should receive a string of 51 or 52 letters and numbers that starts with one of the following (5, L, or K).

This is the private key for your address. DO NOT SHARE THIS WITH ANYONE.  If anyone discovers this private key, they can take all of the bitcoins that you received at that address, and will be able to continue to take any bitcoins that you ever receive at that address again in the future.

Once you have your Private Key, you can choose some other wallet that does not need synchronization, and that allows importing of private keys.  Then you can import that private key into the new wallet and your bitcoins will be available to spend in the new wallet.  The method of importing will depend on which wallet you choose, so we can't help you with that until you've chosen your new wallet.

You could choose a wallet that does not allow you to import private keys.  If you want to do that, then you can set up a temporary wallet at blockchain.info, import the private key there, and immediately send the bitcoins from the temporary blockchain.info wallet to an address in the new wallet that you've chosen.

If your current wallet has a password, then before you run the dumpprivkey command you'll need to unlock the wallet with the following command:
Code:
walletpassphrase yourWalletPassWord seconds
Replacing the yourWalletPassWord with the password that you used to protect your wallet and replacing seconds with the number of seconds that you want the wallet to remain unlocked.

For example, if you used a password of fheaodienes and you want to unlock the wallet for 30 seconds then you would type:
Code:
walletpassphrase fheaodienes 30

this is really awesome help, after googling i m going for electrum ?? is it the best choice

and once last question do i need to uninstall bitcoin core first from my laptop before i can install electrum?? or can both be installed on same laptop??

off course not running just install,run only electrum once installed?
achow101
Legendary

Merit: 6635

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2016, 02:34:33 PM

this is really awesome help, after googling i m going for electrum ?? is it the best choice

and once last question do i need to uninstall bitcoin core first from my laptop before i can install electrum?? or can both be installed on same laptop??

Yes, electrum is one of the best wallets.

You should create a new electrum wallet and then sweep the bitcoin from your address instead of importing it.

You can run and install both at the same time but you should probably remove bitcoin core and the data directory to get more storage space.

najeeb76 (OP)

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 02:57:46 PM

You should create a new electrum wallet and then sweep the bitcoin from your address instead of importing it.

You can run and install both at the same time but you should probably remove bitcoin core and the data directory to get more storage space.

it worked

balance is now showing in electrum

save the seed words is the only backup needed in electrum?? or any other kind of backup needed
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2016, 03:02:33 PM

it worked

balance is now showing in electrum

save the seed words is the only backup needed in electrum?? or any other kind of backup needed

For Electrum the seed is enough, yes. Make sure you protect it well as its also enough for someone to steal all your coins.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: