Bitcoin Forum
May 19, 2024, 12:43:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: when Blockchain.info asks you for 2FA ?  (Read 405 times)
OmegaStarScream (OP)
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3486
Merit: 6142

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 03:54:44 PM

I'm not sure I understand fully how Blockchain.info works because sometimes it asks me for SMS sent to my phone and sometimes it doesn't ? should I do so it asks me everytime ? won't that be more secure and better ?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 04:33:04 PM

i have never heard this before.
i use blockchain.info too and i have 2fa enabled and it "ALWAYS" asks me for entering the code in addition to my password.

if you have 2fa enabled and only receive the code "sometimes" you should contact support immediately

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
OmegaStarScream (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 04:44:14 PM

i use blockchain.info too and i have 2fa enabled and it "ALWAYS" asks me for entering the code in addition to my password.

if you have 2fa enabled and only receive the code "sometimes" you should contact support immediately

ID & password are kinda saved or something , Let's say I visited the website now and entered , they sent me 2FA and I connected without any issues .
after 4 hours , I decide to connect , I will find my ID & password already filled and when I click "Login" it just login and don't send anything to my phone .

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 05:42:04 PM

ID & password are kinda saved or something , Let's say I visited the website now and entered , they sent me 2FA and I connected without any issues .
after 4 hours , I decide to connect , I will find my ID & password already filled and when I click "Login" it just login and don't send anything to my phone .

the wallet identifier (id) and your password is saved in your browser, you can see/remove them if you want in options > look for saved password (usually under security or similar)

the second time login without 2fa (90% sure) is normal since you are using the same browser (which has cookies stored) and same IP

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
OmegaStarScream (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 06:02:48 PM

the wallet identifier (id) and your password is saved in your browser, you can see/remove them if you want in options > look for saved password (usually under security or similar)

the second time login without 2fa (90% sure) is normal since you are using the same browser (which has cookies stored) and same IP

Oh right , I just went to Settings => Manage passwords and I removed the one related to Blockchain.info and that got it removed . All seem to be working fine Smiley thank you man

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████