Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 02:36:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BitInstant extremely poor design, lots of confusion, poor service  (Read 5480 times)
chungenhung (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 03, 2013, 09:05:00 PM

The website is very confusing. Here's what I did
1. Select Pay from "MtGox Coupon", then Pay to "BitStamp". It ask for amount and notification email. The username field is OPTIONAL.
2. Clicked on the send funds button, nothing happens.
3. Tries again, still nothing happens. I didn't mess with the are you human game, since the send funds button can be pressed wtihout playing the game.
4. Played with the "Prove you are a human", passed the game. Then press send funds, still nothing happens.
5. Decide maybe I need to put something in the OPTIONAL username field. So I put it in. It is very vague here, username of what? Of BitInstant? of Mtgox? of BitStamp? Since it is optional, so I put in my MtGox username without thinking too much of it.
6. Click send funds. Now it went to the next page, it ask me to confirm my MtGox username, which is prepopulated, so I thought it picked that up from the first page.
7. Order failed.

All this time, I thought I would be getting a redeem voucher code for BitInstant.

Put in the order, and the order failed.
Contact CS, they responded that they had to manually process the order, and that it is now processed. But I never got any voucher code for BitStamp.
Went to BitInstant, enter the order id, and it still shows that the order failed.
Contact CS again, this time, was told the funds was already sent to BitInstant account. Checked BitStamp, and nothing's there. And I asked CS how do they even know which account to deposit into BitStamp? They said that I entered it when I placed the order.
I thought the username I put in to place the order is MtGox username, and NOT BitStamp. And, it specifically asked me to make sure that my MtGox username is correct. It never mention that I should put in username for BitStamp.
Now they claim the money is sent to BitStamp account. The account I put in for MtGox is alpha letters, but BitStamp only assign NUMERIC account id. So how can they possibly deposit it? Now they say I have to contact BitStamp to fix it.
I thought I'd check the order status again... and it still shows Order Failed. Now I don't even know who to believe.

If I go to BitStamp, why should they blindly transfer funds to my account? BitInstant have to contact BitStamp, and tell them that the funds were sent to the wrong account.

All this can be avoided if the website design weren't so confusing. How can it be deposited into a non-existent account? Why does the CS kept saying it is processed when the order status still show it failed?

Who at BitInstant should I contact to resolve this?
BitInstant claims that the transfer should be well, almost instant. It is now over 24hrs, and still no funds.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
chungenhung (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 03, 2013, 09:24:06 PM

could you move it? not sure if i can do it.
BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

BCJ

View Profile
January 03, 2013, 10:56:40 PM

Or a MOD can.
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

Merit: 1000

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2013, 12:20:21 AM

Hey,

Sorry for your issue, and I will do everything I can to get it resolved

Looks like you indeed did not enter your bitstamp account

I thought the username I put in to place the order is MtGox username, and NOT BitStamp. And, it specifically asked me to make sure that my MtGox username is correct. It never mention that I should put in username for BitStamp.

That would seem obvious in a Bitstamp transaction!

We're working on a new webs design, so please bear with us while we upgrade everything

PM me your order info and Ill get it resolved asap!

Charlie

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
chungenhung (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 04, 2013, 03:39:04 AM

Hey,

We're working on a new webs design, so please bear with us while we upgrade everything

Charlie
Wrong, it would be obvious that it is asking the username for MtGox. It even ask me to make sure it is the correct username where the MtGot USD funds came from.
chungenhung (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 03:06:17 AM

Finally got the funds for the first order after 2 days.

Did another transfer. The order status shows completed within 1 minute. Checked my destination account, no money there.
Comon BitInstant, this is supposed to be INSTANT. This is my 2nd attempt, and I would rather not wait 2 days for it again.
I might be giving up on this service.
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2013, 05:18:24 PM

Finally got the funds for the first order after 2 days.

Did another transfer. The order status shows completed within 1 minute. Checked my destination account, no money there.
Comon BitInstant, this is supposed to be INSTANT. This is my 2nd attempt, and I would rather not wait 2 days for it again.
I might be giving up on this service.

PM me your order info again, you probably made another error. I see no issues with your order.

Please don't blame us, your first issue was not our fault and we resolved it even for your mistake.

This thread title is not fair, and I ask your change it ASAP

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 06, 2013, 02:11:16 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=131012.0
chungenhung (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 06, 2013, 02:38:03 AM

And this relates to this topic how?
The thread is old, we have worked it out.
JordanL
Donator

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 06, 2013, 10:54:11 AM

Don't know about all that... but I love their "are you human" game. I am an official captha hater. Never using anything but the service I found through Bitinstant on any of my websites, ever again.
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2013, 03:51:25 PM

If its old, PLEASE edit the title or topic!

MOD- Please!

chungenhung (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 06, 2013, 05:42:30 PM

MOD- Please!
I didn't start the topic... can't do anything on it.
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2013, 03:37:00 AM

MOD- Please!
I didn't start the topic... can't do anything on it.

Yes you did! Please change it asap!

chungenhung (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 07, 2013, 11:28:07 PM

Hey,

Charlie
This specific order was resolved, after about 24-48 hr wait.
chungenhung (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 07, 2013, 11:37:57 PM

Put in another order, and this time, Yankee said I put in the wrong account number. He is stating that I have an "." at the end of the account, and that is why the order failed.
1. If the order failed, why does it say order completed?
2. I checked the order status on BitInstant website, and clearly, there is no "." at the end of the account.
3. Checked the browser, where it usually saves your past input data for the input text boxes. Checked, there's no ".".

Finally, this order was resolved by Yankee. But he kept saying it is my fault again. I don't know who's fault it is, but I am almost certain I put in the account number correctly.
zvs
Legendary

Activity: 1680

https://web.archive.org/web/*/nogleg.com

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2013, 02:53:16 PM

Put in another order, and this time, Yankee said I put in the wrong account number. He is stating that I have an "." at the end of the account, and that is why the order failed.
2. I checked the order status on BitInstant website, and clearly, there is no "." at the end of the account.
3. Checked the browser, where it usually saves your past input data for the input text boxes. Checked, there's no ".".

Finally, this order was resolved by Yankee. But he kept saying it is my fault again. I don't know who's fault it is, but I am almost certain I put in the account number correctly.

Probably theirs.

How the hell do you get a refund anyway?  Guaranteed in 1 hour my ass.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
January 24, 2013, 02:59:19 PM

Probably theirs.

How the hell do you get a refund anyway?  Guaranteed in 1 hour my ass.

Took me 6 hours because they don't make it known that when you send multiples of $500 via moneygram you have to change the amount to be unique. For example: $500, $499.75, $499.50...etc.

+1 to "1 hour my ass"

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

zvs
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2013, 03:03:59 PM

Probably theirs.

How the hell do you get a refund anyway?  Guaranteed in 1 hour my ass.

Took me 6 hours because they don't make it known that when you send multiples of $500 via moneygram you have to change the amount to be unique. For example: $500, $499.75, $499.50...etc.

+1 to "1 hour my ass"

And here I thought I never cared about that autogenerated reply when you send a message to support...

Bitinstant keeps banking hours, perhaps?

ed: next time I'm going to use that Ukrainian site again, ffs
BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

Merit: 1002

BCJ

View Profile
January 24, 2013, 03:29:23 PM

What's the Ukrainian Site?
zvs
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2013, 03:43:25 PM

What's the Ukrainian Site?

liqpay.com

it was super quick

(ed: well, if you have money in your paypal account, it's near instant.  i think if you use bank, it might take a few days the first time, then quicker after that)
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: