Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 02:21:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I need to start reading the UPS labels more closely ...  (Read 762 times)
DeathAndTaxes (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
January 04, 2013, 01:36:50 AM

...  was expecting our company new server from UPS but it wasn't scheduled to arrive until tomorrow. 

I mean Super Micro, remote access via IMPI, 16 DIMMs slots, dual Xexon socket 2011 capable.  24 bay 2.5" drive SAS capable backplane.   Dual 1020W redundant power supplies.

Came how to see a giant UPS box on the porch.   I gleefully drag its inside (heavy), grab a box cutter and slash it open to see.... two giant bags of cat food.

We use http://petflow.com (good service by the way but not high end SuperMicro server good) That was rough and I just felt the need to share ...
Third Way

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 04, 2013, 01:41:11 AM

Where you high, and or drunk, when you made this purchase, sir?

blease resbond -> 1BYJKxpntNn6TZbM5M5CWkEb8vr8vDcBrr
DeathAndTaxes (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Gerald Davis

View Profile
January 04, 2013, 01:42:55 AM

Where you high, and or drunk, when you made this purchase, sir?

Which purchase the cat food?  No it comes on a schedule I just forgot totally about it.  I saw UPS box and my mind jumped to "server arrived early".
Third Way

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 04, 2013, 01:51:55 AM

Oh, I thought you bought giant sacks of pet food thinking it was your servers.

me english, no good se~or

blease resbond -> 1BYJKxpntNn6TZbM5M5CWkEb8vr8vDcBrr
DeathAndTaxes (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Gerald Davis

View Profile
January 04, 2013, 01:56:20 AM

Oh, I thought you bought giant sacks of pet food thinking it was your servers.

me english, no good se~or

Yeah that would have been worse.   I guess I would have had some explaining to my partners on why the company was the proud owner of $1,200 in pet food.
casascius
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1136

The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2013, 01:57:23 AM

...  was expecting our company new server from UPS but it wasn't scheduled to arrive until tomorrow. 

I mean Super Micro, remote access via IMPI, 16 DIMMs slots, dual Xexon socket 2011 capable.  24 bay 2.5" drive SAS capable backplane.   Dual 1020W redundant power supplies.

Came how to see a giant UPS box on the porch.   I gleefully drag its inside (heavy), grab a box cutter and slash it open to see.... two giant bags of cat food.

We use http://petflow.com (good service by the way but not high end SuperMicro server good) That was rough and I just felt the need to share ...

I had the very same recent experience with UPS.

Item bought: 3D printer
Item delivered: Two desks from Costco
I at least caught it before opening it, but only because it was obvious to me that the shape of the boxes wasn't a 3d printer.

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2013, 06:27:40 AM
Last edit: January 04, 2013, 06:38:16 AM by Lethn

lol I doubt it's just UPS, I've forgotten the company but for Christmas I got a bunch of Jewellery tools, the guy gave the wrong package by accident and came back to swap, from now on I will be sure to never order anything during December and the new year.
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2013, 06:41:30 AM

Petflow is awesome.. I feed my dogs with it.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
gabbergabe

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2013, 03:42:03 PM

man i really dont like it when they just leave big items from the post office on my porch, I live accross the school on a single road that leads down to a dead end, and behind the dead end is a trail in the forest that leads to 6 different outlets in our suburbia which just makes it so easy for those to walk after school amonst the many and take from our porch while were at work. They blend in  and by the time they hit the trail there gone, that trail goes 6 different places.

damn kids..
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: