Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 02:37:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Fiscal Cliff trade  (Read 4093 times)
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 05:47:06 PM

bottom line is this is the Speculation Forum, aka, Wild West.

we're all guilty of saying "this is going to happen" or "that is going to happen".

let it rest.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4653

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 06:00:57 PM

. . . DannyHamilton . . . seems to hold the position that is held by the majority of nanny-state dependent Americans who want to blame others when things they do go wrong.
Really?

Flies are flocking to this dead horse... I'm putting down the baseball bat.  Cheesy

No, seriously, let's just stop guys lol...
Agreed.  I've made my point.  You've made yours. Neither of us are going to see it the way the other does.  The information is here for anyone else to make their own decisions on the matter in the future.  It's been an interesting conversation if nothing else.
ATC777 (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2013, 08:06:27 PM

bottom line is this is the Speculation Forum, aka, Wild West.

we're all guilty of saying "this is going to happen" or "that is going to happen".

I agree. And everyone should already be aware that speculation is inherently dangerous and not for the feint of heart. If you want some clear-cut advice on making money speculating, here it is:

• Don't put all your eggs in one basket
  • Don't think that if you lose 10 times in a row the odds of winning are higher next time -- that's the gambler's fallacy
  • Manage your risk by choosing an appropriate R-factor (max acceptable loss per trade); I suggest 3-5%
  • Never assume something that worked in the past will necessarily work again (past performance not indicative of future gains)

Agreed.  I've made my point.  You've made yours. Neither of us are going to see it the way the other does.  The information is here for anyone else to make their own decisions on the matter in the future.  It's been an interesting conversation if nothing else.

Don't think your point was totally lost on me. It wasn't. Next time I write something which might be taken as trading/investment advice I'll be a bit more selective in wording. But here in the speculator's forums I hope people realize it's dangerous to "chase" after other traders.

Epic Coinage -- Gold, Silver, Bitcoin, Exchange, Apparel, Electronics and more!

Check the official trade thread for full list of products and services!

Tips :: 13M9QLc5BDQe2iuB1N3Br58fYvJF5ixihT
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: