Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 10:48:04 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Exploit Reported on Craigslist: "Double your bitcoins today!"  (Read 4174 times)
SwarmStream (OP)

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2013, 04:18:12 AM

This was posted on 12/28/2012:

http://brussels.fr.craigslist.org/fns/3505789483.html

For those of you that are aware of the digital currency Bitcoin: There has been discovered an exploit that utilizes a series of computers on an "isolated from the internet" back-network that participates in intercepting the data stream where the bitcoins are circulated/stored. The backnet of PC's run a series of algorithms that have the net effect of doubling the bitcoin amount sent to certain addresses. This happens for BOTH receiver and sender to certain bitcoin rcv address programed into the algorythm.

In other words you can double your bitcoins sent total in about 10-30 minutes (the time it takes the algorithm to run and the backnet pc's to sync with the internet bitcoin datastream and finally your PC to also sync with the datastream (bitcoin calls it catchup) after which your amount sent should be returned two fold.

The algorithm will only work with WHOLE numbers at this point in time. So the minimum amount you can double is: 1 bitcoin (not .1 or .01) You can send 1 or 10 or 32 but NOT 1.23 or 10.50!! So ONLY whole amounts -- no cents.

This is working as of Jan 09 2012 and if you wish to double you can simply send any whole amount to bitcoin address:

--> 1NNwtZzLPYWJkabqcenLsqtFFz8BgDmmwe <--

So 1 bitcoin = you get 2 back. 10=20, 23=46, 120=240, ect..
You can use as many times as you wish for any whole amount. If you do not see your bitcoins comeback after about 45 min, make sure you are running bitcoin 0.5.1 beta and if not, get the latest version, install and let it sync. You should see your coins doubled!

Any takers?  Roll Eyes
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 04, 2013, 04:23:05 AM

LOL at advertising on scammerhavenlist.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Darkneo

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 04, 2013, 04:24:35 AM

Scam lol. I wonder how many greedy people fell for it.

Tips are always appreciated 1Gr1MZuqpSZJbApsgpMnHFhKHkXUdHqYRe
thebaron

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 04, 2013, 04:26:15 AM

I wonder how many greedy people fell for it.

http://blockchain.info/address/1NNwtZzLPYWJkabqcenLsqtFFz8BgDmmwe
alexanderanon

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 04, 2013, 05:03:23 AM

Oh, it's Brussels. That explains it.

21after2

Activity: 112
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 04, 2013, 05:06:20 AM

This was posted on 12/28/2012:

http://brussels.fr.craigslist.org/fns/3505789483.html

For those of you that are aware of the digital currency Bitcoin: There has been discovered an exploit that utilizes a series of computers on an "isolated from the internet" back-network that participates in intercepting the data stream where the bitcoins are circulated/stored. The backnet of PC's run a series of algorithms that have the net effect of doubling the bitcoin amount sent to certain addresses. This happens for BOTH receiver and sender to certain bitcoin rcv address programed into the algorythm.

In other words you can double your bitcoins sent total in about 10-30 minutes (the time it takes the algorithm to run and the backnet pc's to sync with the internet bitcoin datastream and finally your PC to also sync with the datastream (bitcoin calls it catchup) after which your amount sent should be returned two fold.

The algorithm will only work with WHOLE numbers at this point in time. So the minimum amount you can double is: 1 bitcoin (not .1 or .01) You can send 1 or 10 or 32 but NOT 1.23 or 10.50!! So ONLY whole amounts -- no cents.

This is working as of Jan 09 2012 and if you wish to double you can simply send any whole amount to bitcoin address:

--> 1NNwtZzLPYWJkabqcenLsqtFFz8BgDmmwe <--

So 1 bitcoin = you get 2 back. 10=20, 23=46, 120=240, ect..
You can use as many times as you wish for any whole amount. If you do not see your bitcoins comeback after about 45 min, make sure you are running bitcoin 0.5.1 beta and if not, get the latest version, install and let it sync. You should see your coins doubled!

Any takers?  Roll Eyes

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2013, 05:18:25 AM

I checked this address about an hour ago. I just checked it again and it looks like he's doubled his money. If somehow he doubles each day for 30 days, he'll have...
kjlimo
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2013, 08:56:00 AM

I checked this address about an hour ago. I just checked it again and it looks like he's doubled his money. If somehow he doubles each day for 30 days, he'll have...

I think I see what you did there, haha.

Coinbase for selling BTCs
Fold for spending BTCs
PM me with any questions on these sites/apps!  http://www.montybitcoin.com

or Vircurex for trading alt cryptocurrencies like DOGEs
CoinNinja for exploring the blockchain.
JoelKatz
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012

Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2013, 09:25:53 AM

A certain quote from Cyrano Jones comes to mind.

I am an employee of Ripple. Follow me on Twitter @JoelKatz
1Joe1Katzci1rFcsr9HH7SLuHVnDy2aihZ BM-NBM3FRExVJSJJamV9ccgyWvQfratUHgN
kangasbros

Activity: 812
Merit: 1006

View Profile
January 04, 2013, 10:22:27 AM

This is pretty old scam, I have been seeing it floating around message boards for something like one year ago. Which feels like eternity in bitcoin-time.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: