Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 04:20:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ASIC minier projected value  (Read 992 times)
chubzz (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2013, 04:22:26 AM

Hello,

I am wanting to start a, mining company per say, the idea me and a partner had was to buy one of the new ASIC miners, and have it in a office space we have, where we dont need to pay for power, and just leave it on to generate money, and then we cna upgrade to bigger ASIC machines, but this is all well and good in theory, but practicly would this work out?

I dont a calculation on

http://www.alloscomp.com/bitcoin/calculator

With one of the biggest ASIC rig's it would tripple its money in a month, but it all seems to easy, what other factors are there?

Thanks
Best regards
Karl
hashkey

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 04, 2013, 04:35:34 AM

Hello,

I am wanting to start a, mining company per say, the idea me and a partner had was to buy one of the new ASIC miners, and have it in a office space we have, where we dont need to pay for power, and just leave it on to generate money, and then we cna upgrade to bigger ASIC machines, but this is all well and good in theory, but practicly would this work out?

I dont a calculation on

http://www.alloscomp.com/bitcoin/calculator

With one of the biggest ASIC rig's it would tripple its money in a month, but it all seems to easy, what other factors are there?

Thanks
Best regards
Karl

In my opinion, the significant factors to consider is how many of the present miners would be shelling-out cash to upgrade to ASICs, and how much the difficulty would rise-up. Knowing those factors would let you have an idea how long it would take you to get your ROI back.

[WTS] 📞 Voice Call & 📩 SMS PV Services 📲 [non-US] ⏱️ Fast Service ✔️️✔️️✔️️ |
"Your effort to remain what you are is what limits you." ~ Puppet Master
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
January 04, 2013, 04:36:01 AM

Increase the difficulty 20x current and rerun your calculations, then calculate it assuming 20x current plus doubling difficulty every 6 months and see how long it will take to pay it off.
chubzz (OP)

View Profile
January 04, 2013, 04:55:42 AM

Just times it by 20, and it doesnt pay itself off within 6 months, then doubled it after 6 months, and it still doesnt pay off, is this worst case senario or?
hashkey

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 04, 2013, 05:08:17 AM

Increase the difficulty 20x current and rerun your calculations, then calculate it assuming 20x current plus doubling difficulty every 6 months and see how long it will take to pay it off.

Oh my.. I thought a rough estimate of 20M difficulty is a realistic assumption. But I think now that I'm assuming far from what's it going to be. I wonder how much shares per hour ASICs such as the BFS Single SC would be yielding given the probable continuous rise of the difficulty? It sounds to me that it's better not to buy one, unless I get it at a very early time to take advantage of the not-yet-rising-difficulty and break-even early.

[WTS] 📞 Voice Call & 📩 SMS PV Services 📲 [non-US] ⏱️ Fast Service ✔️️✔️️✔️️ |
"Your effort to remain what you are is what limits you." ~ Puppet Master
chubzz (OP)

View Profile
January 04, 2013, 05:15:14 AM

My plan was to start with the small ASIC systems, and use profits from that to buy the bigger machines, as we have eliminated one factor of electricity bills, i thought it may be easier to break even
NicS

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 04, 2013, 07:51:37 AM

The electric costs on BlockChain outweigh the profits.

BlockChain.info/stats

They estimate over $1K in losses because of electricity costs. I get what your saying, but its just not good planning. You need to think ahead further than "I buy this and make a lot of money". There is a chance the block takes longer to break than you think. Theres a small chance the thing breaks mid-block. There's also the heat, which has lead to police raids because the cops think the heat in the house is from lamps used in grow houses to keep pot growing. If that happens, you get billed just for the raid.

I know that's not very useful. But, hey, what's the worst that could happen? Besides bankruptcy. Or a SWAT raid.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2013, 07:53:56 AM

Mining really isn't a way to make money, the only thing I see it as is a thing to do for fun or to transfer your own wealth, if you're going to do something with Bitcoin work for it, at least in this economy you have a chance compared to the dead inflationary currencies we're in now, it's actually really refreshing seeing all these new companies, sites and work postings spring up all over the place.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: