Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 06:49:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for short-term MTUSD loan against BTC collateral  (Read 919 times)
Meni Rosenfeld (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1054

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2013, 09:28:23 AM

To deal with a surge of buyers due to massive media exposure in Israel yesterday, I'm looking for a quick loan of up to about $10K Mtgox USD for a period of about 1-2 weeks. Bitcoins are available as collateral (I have bitcoins to sell but I don't want to compromise my position). Smaller amounts are also welcome.

Preferably it will be done at no interest, though this is negotiable.

ripper234 is also interested in receiving such a loan.

1EofoZNBhWQ3kxfKnvWkhtMns4AivZArhr   |   Who am I?   |   bitcoin-otc WoT
Bitcoil - Exchange bitcoins for ILS (thread)   |   Israel Bitcoin community homepage (thread)
Analysis of Bitcoin Pooled Mining Reward Systems (thread, summary)  |   PureMining - Infinite-term, deterministic mining bond

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ripper234
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1003

Ron Gross

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2013, 09:49:47 AM

To deal with a surge of buyers due to massive media exposure in Israel yesterday, I'm looking for a quick loan of up to about $10K Mtgox USD for a period of about 1-2 weeks. Bitcoins are available as collateral (I have bitcoins to sell but I don't want to compromise my position). Smaller amounts are also welcome.

Confirmed, I'm with Meni on this one (one the same loan, not a separate one).

Please do not pm me, use ron@bitcoin.org.il instead
Mastercoin Executive Director
Co-founder of the Israeli Bitcoin Association
Meni Rosenfeld (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2013, 10:27:14 AM

Confirmed, I'm with Meni on this one (one the same loan, not a separate one).
I think it could go either way... I and ripper234 do a lot of internal settling but in this context we can get either one loan we will share, or different loans depending on potential lenders' trust in each.

Bitcoil - Exchange bitcoins for ILS (thread)   |   Israel Bitcoin community homepage (thread)
Analysis of Bitcoin Pooled Mining Reward Systems (thread, summary)  |   PureMining - Infinite-term, deterministic mining bond
Eisenhower34
Legendary

Activity: 906
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 04, 2013, 01:50:31 PM

I dont want to check ~3500 posts, so could you just link some of your highest deals / PGP rating accs / ... so its easier to check? I know Meni a bit from the BDT drama so if your reported links aint too bad, i can provide $2000 @ 5% per 15 days. Right now i held $920 USD and €1000 EUR which can be exchanged.
ripper234
Legendary

Ron Gross

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2013, 01:52:58 PM

I dont want to check ~3500 posts, so could you just link some of your highest deals / PGP rating accs / ... so its easier to check? I know Meni a bit from the BDT drama so if your reported links aint too bad, i can provide $2000 @ 5% per 15 days.

Might post some info later, but I just wanted to say - Bitcoin collateral will only be given to forum members who we trust.
So, bi-directional trust is required for this loan.

Of course, if you do not require a collateral, we don't need to trust you, and will be able to provide more evidence to our own trustworthiness.

You can start at Meni's Vanity Thread.

Eisenhower34
Legendary

View Profile
January 04, 2013, 01:57:51 PM
Last edit: January 04, 2013, 02:22:41 PM by Eisenhower34

LOL ^^ Smiley I thought you wanted to request a loan. Sorry for the missunderstanding.

Edit: After reading the previous posts another 3 times I udnerstood what you basically want (margin trading). My offer was without collateral. So I give you $2000 and get $2100 back after 15 days.

A collateral is only be usefull for me, if you have the intention to take the BTC back for the full $2100, otherwise a price drop is too risky and I had to charge some much higher fees. To make it clear, in case you dont take those BTC back for $2100 after 15 days, I would sell them and you would still owe me the difference.

My reputation should not be questioned:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=97764.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=62361.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=76007.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=96578.0
ripper234
Legendary

Ron Gross

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2013, 02:44:50 PM

LOL ^^ Smiley I thought you wanted to request a loan. Sorry for the missunderstanding.

Edit: After reading the previous posts another 3 times I udnerstood what you basically want (margin trading). My offer was without collateral. So I give you $2000 and get $2100 back after 15 days.

A collateral is only be usefull for me, if you have the intention to take the BTC back for the full $2100, otherwise a price drop is too risky and I had to charge some much higher fees. To make it clear, in case you dont take those BTC back for $2100 after 15 days, I would sell them and you would still owe me the difference.

My reputation should not be questioned:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=97764.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=62361.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=76007.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=96578.0

I think that given our forum reputation, a 5% interest loan for a period two weeks is too high for our taste (no offense).
Meni?

Eisenhower34
Legendary

View Profile
January 04, 2013, 02:56:42 PM
Last edit: January 04, 2013, 03:15:40 PM by Eisenhower34

none taken (Edit: I dont see both your reputations yet, except your postcount)
Meni Rosenfeld (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2013, 04:00:26 PM
Last edit: January 05, 2013, 08:48:53 PM by Meni Rosenfeld

I dont want to check ~3500 posts, so could you just link some of your highest deals / PGP rating accs / ... so its easier to check? I know Meni a bit from the BDT drama so if your reported links aint too bad, i can provide $2000 @ 5% per 15 days. Right now i held $920 USD and €1000 EUR which can be exchanged.
Thanks, but I'm not interested in this offer.

For reference, I've had several deals of >$10K which I've honored, but those were private so I won't disclose the details without the other parties' agreement. I appreciate looking at track record of actual deals made, but work towards the advancement of Bitcoin (and general RL reputation) are more important, and the reputation I've built is worth much more than $10K. I've summarized that in my vanity thread as linked in my signature and above by ripper234.

PS I found some alternative means to the same end so while I may still be interested in the request in the thread, it's not as critical.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: