Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 05:18:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Altcoins With A Second Tier / Overlay Network eg Masternodes  (Read 2569 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 10:53:56 AM

Except that it is neato technobabble that doesn't speak to the fundamental design flaws and Sybil attacked (given the insiders own most of the coins) masternode economics in Dash-o-scam.

You seem to think you know a lot about technical design concepts but be advised that you come across as a kind of immature 12 year old that developed an obsession for university math but didn't know what to do with it.

It you want to be taken seriously as a designer than I suggest you start behaving like one instead of an overgrown kid collector of bubblegum cards.
TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 262

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 11:08:27 AM
Last edit: February 25, 2016, 02:02:57 AM by TPTB_need_war

Except that it is neato technobabble that doesn't speak to the fundamental design flaws and Sybil attacked (given the insiders own most of the coins) masternode economics in Dash-o-scam.

You seem to think you know a lot about technical design concepts but be advised that you come across as a kind of immature 12 year old that developed an obsession for university math but didn't know what to do with it.

It you want to be taken seriously as a designer than I suggest you start behaving like one instead of an overgrown kid collector of bubblegum cards.

If you want to compare design and meager career accomplishments of myself to Evan, my LinkedIn is public. (photo was taken January 2015 at age 49.5)

As for your opinion of my skills, I blithely don't care and I recommend to myself a proactive stance of not giving a rat's ass of caring about your opinion of me. Because your opinion is irrelevant to the tasks and goals in front of me. I only have to care about my health and my production.

Should I bother to state that you come across as a person who has an attachment to a scam that has piss poor design fundamentals, and thus you lack discernment. So why should I care what you discern about me. Clearly your appraisals are consistently incorrect.

Note I am not even saying that all the programmers of Dash are incapable. I am saying it is all allegedly based around a scam, so if the allegations are true (and some convincing evidence has been presented) then it is impossible for them to make the design such that it would destroy the scam aspects such as we can presume the insiders continue to collect ROI from running most of the masternodes since they stole most of the coins in the instamine they tried to hide from the public or blame on a programming error and subsequent elimination of the future emission that was originally promised (so the insiders wouldn't be diluted and control the float buying from themselves on the exchanges to artificially inflate the price and market cap fooling speculators into putting their money into Dash which the insiders take out of Dash).

If that was even a model that could scale and help the world, I might even look the other way regarding the alleged insider manipulations. The issue for me is Dash-o-scam hasn't a snowballs chance in hell of ever attaining any real usership, so that for me is a failure for our goals for crypto currency. I am particularly perturbed by the audacity of Evan to prepromote Evolution as some phenomenal technological breakthrough when he can't change the underlying masternode scam. And he doesn't share any of his research in public for peer review (as I do!) so he can't possibly get his design correct without our peer review. I pointed out a high school error in his math in the InstantX white paper.

You Dash shills (insiders) will continue to make nonsense rebuttals and I don't have time for it. Go ahead, but your days are numbered.

gjhiggins
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2016, 11:25:43 AM

Terminology is all over the place (thanks to eduffield), afaict the most general term is ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overlay_network

There's nothing wrong with the terminology, it's perfectly fine.

No it's not.

https://www.dash.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Dash-WhitepaperV1.pdf

“two­-tier incentivized network, known as the Masternode network”

There is no relevant definition appearing in the search results, even without the “incentivized”:

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=two%C2%AD+tier+network&ia=about

(I'm prepared to draw a discreet veil over the term “Masternode network”, the less said about it the better)

An "overlay network" is a completely different thing - a distinct infrastructure for whom the subordinate ones may even be transparent. TCP/IP doesn't understand or care about analogue voice signals. VOPI doesn't understand packets etc.

I'm not sure why you provide a selective description that differs from the one given in the wikipedia entry, it doesn't advance your argument.

Cheers

Graham

toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 11:50:41 AM
Last edit: February 02, 2016, 03:14:37 PM by toknormal

If you want to compare design and meager career accomplishments of myself to Evan, my LinkedIn is public.

I'm aware of that thanks, which is why I suggested you stop behaving like an ass*hole technical trainspotter on here and start growing up.

He built something and you didn't. So forgive me if I consider him more of an authority on what works than you.

There are plenty of people around who can hoover up scholarly credentials like second hand cars and I've met enough of them to know that as far as technical qualifications and sense go, the former is in more abundance than the latter.

There is no relevant definition appearing in the search results, even without the “incentivized”

Don't be stupid. The word "tier" is not a formal definition of anything. It is a descriptive term used to convey the concept of a succession of processing stages.

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 11:58:04 AM
Last edit: February 02, 2016, 12:50:42 PM by TPTB_need_war

He built something and you didn't. So forgive me if I consider him more of an authority on what works than you.

Yep he built an instamine scam with presumably ongoing scam via controlling most of the coin supply, masternodes, and float.

Yep he is more of an authority than me on scams that work.

I was writing about technological design and marketing skills for scaling adoption, which clearly my resume is INFINITELY (any number divided by 0) superior to Evan's (the dude has absolutely 0 experience in scaling internet s/w to the masses). My CoolPage s/w (one man company!) scaled to 335,000 websites created as verified by altavista. And over 1+ million downloads (probably much higher in the realm of 5 million but I never tried to estimate it) when the internet population was 1/10 of its current size.

toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 12:27:32 PM

Yep he built an instamine scam with presumably ongoing scam via controlling most of the coin supply

...and even on that aspect of it I'm more of an authority than you thanks since I'm supposed to be one of the victims.

I was writing about design and marketing skills for scaling adoption, which clearly my resume is INFINITELY (any number divided by 0) superior to Evan's

LoL ! I think I'll rest my case with that remark. You can dig your own holes without further help from me.

gjhiggins
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2016, 12:31:50 PM

Don't be stupid.

Not exactly a compelling argument but one which brings our exchange to an end. A rapid descent into offensiveness reveals the amount of cognitive bias you are labouring under, I do not wish to distress you further.

Cheers

Graham
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 12:43:20 PM
Last edit: February 02, 2016, 01:13:44 PM by TPTB_need_war

Yep he built an instamine scam with presumably ongoing scam via controlling most of the coin supply

...and even on that aspect of it I'm more of an authority than you thanks since I'm supposed to be one of the victims.

Who recovers by shrilling (pumping a presumably ongoing scam) to greater fools.

I was writing about technological design and marketing skills for scaling adoption, which clearly my resume is INFINITELY (any number divided by 0) superior to Evan's

LoL ! I think I'll rest my case with that remark. You can dig your own holes without further help from me.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1219023.msg13752781#msg13752781

coins101 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 02:39:38 PM

One of my all time favourite memes':

Whoever uses it in context and to good effect first - the grow up / dash is a scam debate; or the second tier no its an overlay debate - gets 100 SPR.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: