Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 05:49:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC Buy - mobile phone site  (Read 1333 times)
coga (OP)

Activity: 222
Merit: 100

www.btcbuy.info

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2013, 05:40:28 PM

Hi folks,

We at BTC Buy are now offering access using a mobile site at m.btcbuy.info.

Site is optimized for use on the cellphones. If you have a mobile bitcoin client installed (such as blockchain), you can pay by clicking on bitcoin: link at the end of the ordering process. Hope that simplifies the matters

GPG key: 6F8E305690A05365B58C50A

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
January 04, 2013, 08:57:38 PM

Hi folks,

Site is optimized for use on the cellphones. If you have a mobile bitcoin client installed (such as blockchain), you can pay by clicking on bitcoin: link at the end of the ordering process. Hope that simplifies the matters

Awesome.  I know to keep it simple, you exclude the non-essentials.  But could the be an option to paste a GPG key for receiving the e-mails (which contain the refill card's PIN number)?

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

coga (OP)

www.btcbuy.info

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2013, 12:49:41 AM

Hi folks,

Awesome.  I know to keep it simple, you exclude the non-essentials.  But could the be an option to paste a GPG key for receiving the e-mails (which contain the refill card's PIN number)?

There's such option on full-size web site, but for mobile site? Are you seriously going to be pasting PGP key from your mobile phone, is there even a reasonably usable PGP email client on mobile devices?

If yes, let me know what are you using, so that I know what to test with

Stephen Gornick
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2013, 04:24:15 AM

Are you seriously going to be pasting PGP key from your mobile phone,

Or if you too a GPG fingerprint I'ld do that instead.   But now that you offer GPG encryption, that's how I prefer to receive my mobile wireless refill code.  And sometimes I will be placing that order from my mobile.   I might not redeem (after decrypting the message) from my mobile, but I'll likely be placing the order using it.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

coga (OP)

www.btcbuy.info

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2013, 03:07:29 PM

Are you seriously going to be pasting PGP key from your mobile phone,

Or if you too a GPG fingerprint I'ld do that instead.   But now that you offer GPG encryption, that's how I prefer to receive my mobile wireless refill code.  And sometimes I will be placing that order from my mobile.   I might not redeem (after decrypting the message) from my mobile, but I'll likely be placing the order using it.

OK, it's not a complicated thing for me to add.

There is an option at my provider to "load" the PIN directly to a device. That would eliminate a need for a higher security, but it would also bring up a privacy concern, 'cuz you will be disclosing your phone # to me. Given that, do you think you woulds still use that option?

Stephen Gornick
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2013, 07:10:07 PM
Last edit: March 18, 2013, 10:02:15 PM by Stephen Gornick

There is an option at my provider to "load" the PIN directly to a device. That would eliminate a need for a higher security, but it would also bring up a privacy concern, 'cuz you will be disclosing your phone # to me. Given that, do you think you woulds still use that option?

You've had the ability to load directly to a mobile # (without the refill code method) and you've been holding out?

I personally tend to prefer the method that protects privacy but simplicity (load directly) trumps privacy concerns for most.

From a mobile, not having to go the refill code route would be preferable and easier for most.  If you can offer that, it probably should be the default even (and refill code as the optional method).

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

jago25_98

Activity: 900
Merit: 1000

Crypto Geek

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2013, 09:33:30 PM

Great site. Would be really handy for me so if you ever move out of the USA with it let us know

Bitcoiner since the early days. Crypto YouTube Channel: Trading Nomads | Analyst | News Reporter | Bitcoin Hodler | Support Freedom of Speech!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: