Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:30:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Extremely Rare US Silver 3 Cent Coin [I NEED BTC-TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS]  (Read 619 times)
johnniewalker (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 05:27:05 AM

Usually my numismatism (unless there's someone on here with rare coins who wants Bitcoins-contact me!) stays separate from my cull coins/bullion dealings.
But, I have an extremely unique coin to offer for sale on here. I'm curious to see what kind of response I get.
Anyways, the coin is a duplicate for me, so I have one to trade. The story is that during the 1850's (1852 this one is), Jews confined themselves to homogenous societies. They hoarded US government-made coins because of their high silver/gold value. Thus, with a need for currency they could spend, these coins were illegally minted for a short period of time (the government doesn't like when you mint your own money). The coin itself is made of silver, however (its pretty small).
Truth be told, there are tons of grades possible for coins; such is the science of numismatism. Check this eBay auction: http://www.ebay.com/itm/1851-3c-THREE-CENT-PIECE-SILVER-SCARCE-EARLY-US-COIN-GOOD-STRIKE-III-/121045552497?pt=Coins_US_Individual&hash=item1c2ee08d71
That coin is in about the same condition as mine. Truth be told, the asking price for that coin is pretty high. You can search eBay, but you'll see this coin in the condition its in goes for a solid $50-$75.
I am only asking 2.5 BTC and willing to negotiate a little (including shipping). If you're into rare coins, this ones for you. Even if you're not, this is more than a beginner's coin-its one sought by experienced collectors. Take advantage of my desire to get some BTC-you won't see a deal like this again.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: