Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 11:20:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Trading Cards of BitcoinTalk Forum Members  (Read 2806 times)
btcards (OP)

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 05:35:08 AM

Hi all,

Hadn't had a chance to say hi yet but hi!  So I'm able to to create both a physical/in packs and digital asset of trading cards and in this case it would be of you guessed it you guys out there!  Tongue

I have a few rough sketch up's already done - but each card will have a QR code that uniquely ID's it as yours ( meaning the buyer of it )  - gives its current value etc., etc., . Obviously, the fewer that are in circulation the more valuable it becomes.  So you could have only a few runs on of say Phinnaeus Gage or go to some poor rookie but has potential such as x0Jakeyboy0x ( he is creating Oybee ) .

There could be even a legends pack that would have  Matthew N. Wright or Atlas or Bruce Wagner  yes I said it Tongue .

Anywho,  no money invested yet just the cranking of my brain so any brainstorming would be great ....you can flat out tell me dumb idea or whatever it's all good thanks!
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 05:45:53 AM

Can I be part of the legendary troll packs?  Cheesy

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

btcards (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 05:54:01 AM

Can I be part of the legendary troll packs?  Cheesy

Haha ...I like the name of the legendary troll pack!  Cheesy
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2013, 05:59:03 AM

Hi all,

Hadn't had a chance to say hi yet but hi!  So I'm able to to create both a physical/in packs and digital asset of trading cards and in this case it would be of you guessed it you guys out there!  Tongue

I have a few rough sketch up's already done - but each card will have a QR code that uniquely ID's it as yours ( meaning the buyer of it )  - gives its current value etc., etc., . Obviously, the fewer that are in circulation the more valuable it becomes.  So you could have only a few runs on of say Phinnaeus Gage or go to some poor rookie but has potential such as x0Jakeyboy0x ( he is creating Oybee ) .

There could be even a legends pack that would have  Matthew N. Wright or Atlas or Bruce Wagner  yes I said it Tongue .

Anywho,  no money invested yet just the cranking of my brain so any brainstorming would be great ....you can flat out tell me dumb idea or whatever it's all good thanks!

I haven't even read the OP yet. Just the title of the thread, then quoted the OP, just to quickly say that I like the idea. Of course, the higher the post count, the more valuable, hence scarce the card would be. I'm just sayin'!  Wink

EDIT: Just read the OP, and now I'm blushing.  Kiss
btcards (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 06:00:46 AM

Hi all,

I haven't even read the OP yet. Just the title of the thread, then quoted the OP, just to quickly say that I like the idea. Of course, the higher the post count, the more valuable, hence scarce the card would be. I'm just sayin'!  Wink

Hi! yes, that is exactly part of the "value criteria" actually the back of the card is your Forum profile Tongue lol  I'll have a sketch-up done tomorrow and will post here for critique and feedback.

edit: glad to hear you are blushing  Kiss haha.... you want to become the Hank Aaron of Bitcoins don't ya   -minus your skin color!
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2013, 06:05:22 AM

Hi all,

Hi! yes, that is exactly part of the "value criteria" actually the back of the card is your Forum profile Tongue lol  I'll have a sketch-up done tomorrow and will post here for critique and feedback.

edit: glad to hear you are blushing  Kiss haha.... you want to become the Hank Aaron of Bitcoins don't ya Tongue   -minus your skin color!

FWIW, I like how you think outside the box. Don't forget the sockpuppet set, for if I remember correctly there was this Nikki the Bitch character briefly appearing here. Search for her on this forum.

Once they become popular, perhaps some outfit like, I don't know, maybe Mt Gox can set up a trading exchange.  Roll Eyes
btcards (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 06:07:59 AM

Hi all,

edit: glad to hear you are blushing  Kiss haha.... you want to become the Hank Aaron of Bitcoins don't ya Tongue   -minus your skin color!

FWIW, I like how you think outside the box. Don't forget the sockpuppet set, for if I remember correctly there was this Nikki the Bitch character briefly appearing here. Search for her on this forum.

Once they become popular, perhaps some outfit like, I don't know, maybe Mt Gox can set up a trading exchange.  Roll Eyes

HAHA....  sockpuppet set Tongue    Wait, was Nikki the Bitch also aka PinkPony?   Mt.Gox  the magic gathering place haha ...its back !
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2013, 06:25:13 AM

Hi all,

HAHA....  sockpuppet set Tongue    Wait, was Nikki the Bitch also aka PinkPony?   Mt.Gox  the magic gathering place haha ...its back !

I think you meant Pinkie Pie, and no! Try again!
Lazer

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 06:51:52 AM

What would be the purpose of the cards?

Value, Collection, Promotion?
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2013, 06:56:33 AM

Hedge against inflation.

And each cared will come equipped with a paper USB file, offering up more information on the profile. The first talking trading cards.
btcards (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 07:08:06 AM

All three. At least that would be the goal. Be a collectors item for sure - each item will be filled with information about each forum member history, etc., etc,
btcards (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 07:10:43 AM

Hedge against inflation.

And each cared will come equipped with a paper USB file, offering up more information on the profile. The first talking trading cards.

Actually, you aren't to far off w/ what your saying there.
drakahn

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 07:14:21 AM

How many would you be printing of each? too many and they'll just be paper, too few and no one will ever get the full set...

14ga8dJ6NGpiwQkNTXg7KzwozasfaXNfEU
Darkneo

Activity: 84

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 07:16:08 AM

A villains set of people who to always avoid Wink

What happened if new members come along and become huge contributing members but still have low post costs, upgrade their cards over time?

Tips are always appreciated 1Gr1MZuqpSZJbApsgpMnHFhKHkXUdHqYRe
btcards (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 07:16:24 AM

How many would you be printing of each? too many and they'll just be paper, too few and no one will ever get the full set...

Yes, I know what your saying there.  Try to find an balance where you don't want to flood it also.
btcards (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 07:19:02 AM

What happened if new members come along and become huge contributing members but still have low post costs, upgrade their cards over time?

Villain sets haha... XXX scammer set?  Beluga whatever his name is ha.... actually, your value plummets if you get the scammer tag....unless you are in the "special group"  - MNW...

New members can go up in value based on what they bring to the community its not soley on post count it was just one of many criteria that will be put into a formula. I'm debating whether to have that transparent or not. It's like either you trust me not to game it or trust others trying to game it themselves haha...
Darkneo

Activity: 84

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 07:24:50 AM

Villain sets haha... XXX scammer set?  Beluga whatever his name is ha.... actually, your value plummets if you get the scammer tag....unless you are in the "special group"  - MNW...
Nefario with a huge negative value lol, definitely infamous, bad rep but very well known

Tips are always appreciated 1Gr1MZuqpSZJbApsgpMnHFhKHkXUdHqYRe
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2013, 04:14:15 PM

Interesting idea, give it a go  Smiley

What do you have in mind for the cards design?

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
creativex

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 05:16:03 PM

LOL

...yer gonna need a tip jar with posts like that. Smiley

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2013, 06:28:09 PM

Hedge against inflation.

Actually, you aren't to far off w/ what your saying there.

Then I'll guess again:

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: