Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 01:29:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Louis CK Accepts Bitcoin for New Show “Horace and Pete”  (Read 2647 times)
Moloch (OP)

Activity: 798
Merit: 722

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 06:32:52 PM

Loucis [sp] CK Accepts Bitcoin for New Show “Horace and Pete”

Who doesn't love Louis C.K.?

C.K officially began to accept bitcoin payments since August of last year, after C.K and his team filmed his comedy show performed at Madison Square Garden. The team of C.K integrated BitPay onto their online shop, where they sold audio-only show with a unique marketing strategy. Instead of selling the show with a fixed price range, Louis C.K allowed his fans purchase the video at any price they want, with the minimum payment being US$1.

“We have the price set to 5 dollars but you can lower it to 1 dollar or raise it to 85. that’s the maximum, because beyond that, I don’t want your crazy money,” said C.K in August.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
winter
Legendary

Activity: 1338
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 03:01:32 PM

great Smiley I love his work great to see him getting in to BTC. I hope i see him around the city soon
oldbute

Activity: 59
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 04:20:36 PM

I thought this is great example of producer to consumer benefit of bitcoin.   So easy to buy, props to Louis for doing this.  Hope he's able to make it work
strayanbit

Activity: 98

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 07:39:56 PM

Oh Louis the BAUS, this guy isn't just funny hes officially awesome now... when enough people with serious cultural clout accept bitcoin, people will take notice.  I'd say this is a big step in the fight for bitcoin adoption, good work Louis!

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼  No.1 Bitcoin Binary Options and Double Dice  ▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼
████████████████████████████████  sec◔nds trade  ████████████████████████████████
↑↓ Instant Bets ↑↓ Flexible 1~1440 minutes Expiry time ↑↓ Highest Reward 190% ↑↓ 16 Assets [btc, forex, gold, 1% edge double dice] ↑↓
wikenpp

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 08:19:23 PM

I think its pretty smart he is beginning with it.
Really hoping more shows will do it.
Its also pretty good for the bitcoin and the name of it.
CoinSkipper

Activity: 136

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 08:12:25 PM

It's good news. Now I must collect money for their goods.
phreaky

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 11:24:06 PM

Its pretty good he does that, its good for the popularity of the bitcoin.
So people know what the bitcoin is, the bitcoin is getting more popular everyday.
southafricadude

Activity: 141
Merit: 19

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2016, 08:21:30 PM

Wow, thats awesome, helping to go mainstream Smiley

Website:Bitcoin South Africa - Twitter: @bitcoinzar - Facebook: @bitcoinzar
Bitcoinbro

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 02:34:43 PM

The bitcoin is getting bigger, you can see at famous people, there are a lot that know the bitcoin already and now what it is.
I hope more famous people are gonna use the bitcoin, it would be very good for the future of the bitcoin.
phenotis

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 03:56:31 PM

This may be the first time I've heard of anyone in the mainstream accepting BTC. I don't see if anywhere online except for btc specific sites like this one. Kudos to Louis CK
lixer

Activity: 2506
Merit: 586

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 06:48:44 PM

That is awesome. We are very glad to hear news something like this. Hope he will do more shows and accepts bitcoins. This is also a good thing for bitcoin to  gain more popularity after that.. We love you Louis CK. Tongue

ThunderThomas

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

fastdice.com The Worlds Fastest Bitcoin Dice

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2016, 09:51:14 PM

Its nice that he accepts the bitcoin, it really helps the bitcoin for more popularity for sure.
I think the bitcoin will get a lot bigger if more people would do the same thing as him..

Bitcoinbro

Activity: 420

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 09:52:53 PM

He is pretty smart that he accept it because it may become handy in the future for him, plus its also good for the future of the bitcoin.
Also what he does here is also good for that market, maybe more people of that market will do it now also.
Oscoda

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 10:24:30 AM

I think its pretty good he does accept it for is new show, this will open the eyes of people for sure.
The money will also pick it up and speak about it, I'm sure of it so maybe the bitcoin will also get bigger because of his smart thinking.
prtty2gal2

Activity: 1092
Merit: 523

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 02:28:30 PM

He is pretty smart that he accept it because it may become handy in the future for him, plus its also good for the future of the bitcoin.
Also what he does here is also good for that market, maybe more people of that market will do it now also.
Yes. You are right. It would be good for both of them, for him and for bitcoin also..by the way. Does any one know how much bitcoins he is asking for a seat or a ticket? hope we can afford it..
sishendaoye

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 03:27:48 PM

Yes. You are right. It would be good for both of them, for him and for bitcoin also..by the way. Does any one know how much bitcoins he is asking for a seat or a ticket? hope we can afford it..

I also wanna know what a ticket cost if you pay with the bitcoin, maybe it sound stupid but maybe there is some discount because your are paying with the bitcoin.
Maybe it will be sold on a online ticket shop or something, I think we will hear it fast from someone.
Footy

Activity: 431

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 03:45:26 PM

That's good exposure for bitcoin.  The more mainstream it gets the better.  He's a great comedian.

Struble

Activity: 132

fastdice.com The Worlds Fastest Bitcoin Dice

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2016, 04:20:02 PM

I hope it will on the news soon, finally a good thing about the bitcoin in the news.
We just need to hold the hope for it the bitcoin, the news is talking bad but it will change for sure.

Footy

Activity: 431

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 06:46:38 PM

He actually started accepting bitcoin last year on his website as someone else mentioned, so he's been a long-time supporter.

I saw an article that said he doesn't use Ticketmaster and his tickets were a flat $45.  Not sure if that's still the case though.

romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1213

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 09:58:01 AM

It is a great news. The time for the bitcoin to get used in various fields. Now through this we can see more people from the fashion as well media getting into the bitcoin.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: