Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 05:46:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 5-10 BTC Loan  (Read 2441 times)
Jakers (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 10:07:23 AM
Last edit: January 06, 2013, 09:34:20 AM by Jakers

Got my bitcoins Tongue this can be closed

Thanks guys!

This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Blazr

Activity: 882
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 10:11:39 AM

If you've been trying to get BTC for ages, then how do expect to get it in the next week to pay back this loan?

Have you done any trades with anyone here or on OTC?

Also, are you willing to send a copy of your ID to your lenders?

Jakers (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 11:02:21 AM

Yeah. I've been looking on other sites, and nobody had Bitcoins, until I eventually found this site. So it's been about 4-5 weeks I've been needing BTC.

The biggest problem on my part is finding a way to get the money to the seller. I have about $75 cash right now and $200 in giftcards.

This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for
nethead

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 11:10:17 AM

First post you search a middleman to trade some btc for your itunes cards because you dont trust your buyer( https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=134809.0 ), then you get 19 posts and asking for a loan because you dont have btc? Please help me Im confused
Jakers (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 11:13:06 AM

I'm pretty sure that guy was a scammer because he hasn't answered back since I told him I had escrow Shocked

nethead

Activity: 322

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 11:19:10 AM

Good luck Jakers, hope you sell those giftcards Smiley
mrvision

Activity: 527

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 11:27:53 AM

If you've been trying to get BTC for ages, then how do expect to get it in the next week to pay back this loan?

Have you done any trades with anyone here or on OTC?

Also, are you willing to send a copy of your ID to your lenders?

Bitcoin was not created for loans except through services dedicated to identify the ones that want a loan and get garanties from them.

Someone will come, eventually, and send a copy of a stolen ID, and then what?

Loans WON'T work, and will be a threat until an avanced and specialized company identifies the risks and guarantee the deposits of the lenders (which will be in like 1-2 years maybe 3).
Jakers (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 11:44:00 AM

Ty nethead.

Mrvision, it comes down to safe trading practices. I can tell the difference between a scammer and a legit-user 95% of the time, and the 5% I'm not sure I ensure I take every possible step I can. Getting an address, and the house phone number associated with that address, along with an ID will eliminate most scams. Then make sure to get substantial proof, and I would call the local police and provide all the information you have, and I'm sure someone dealing with BTC wouldn't want this to happen in the first place, so that's basically reduced all the chances of getting scammed. It's worked for me in other areas of the internet, I was scammed once for $20, and was never scammed again after that. I've done trades for $1000+

Jakers (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 12:27:59 PM

Still looking.

BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1136

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2013, 03:10:38 PM

Still looking.
At this point you have been on these forums for less than one day.  Give it a chance!  You should be able to sell the iTunes cards, using an escrow, for a fair price.  Give it a few days at least...

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
Jakers (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 05:05:08 PM

Alright I'll try. I really just wanted some Bitcoins so I know I'll have them. I'll actually need them in about 1-2 weeks, I didn't want it to come down to that and not be able to get them

Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 05:08:04 PM

Added to How to spot a scammer list.

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
Jakers (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 06:27:24 PM

So I'm a scammer for selling some giftcards and wanting to borrow some Bitcoins? fucking retard...

BurtW
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2013, 06:43:12 PM

If you are not a scammer you can ignore Tomatocage.  He thinks everyone is a scammer until proved otherwise.  If you sell your cards through a reputable escrow agent he should eventually back off.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
Jakers (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 06:45:00 PM

Alright thanks BurtW. I tried selling to somebody using John as escrow so I don't get scammed and he backed off.

BurtW
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2013, 06:48:59 PM

BTW, in case you are new to Bitcoin, a lot of Bitcoiners boycott Apple products because Apple hates Bitcoin.  You should still be able to sell the cards but because they are an Apple product it may take a bit longer than a non-Apple product.

Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 10:35:14 PM

If you are not a scammer you can ignore Tomatocage.  He thinks everyone is a scammer until proved otherwise.  If you sell your cards through a reputable escrow agent he should eventually back off.

Yeah, I have a horrible track record of being able to spot scammers. I rarely get anything right Wink

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
Blazr

Activity: 882
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 11:54:23 PM

Yeah, I have a horrible track record of being able to spot scammers. I rarely get anything right Wink

IMO, its still slander until they've actually scammed. Everyone's innocent until proven guilty.

jwzguy

Activity: 868
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 06, 2013, 12:02:25 AM

IMO, its still slander until they've actually scammed. Everyone's innocent until proven guilty.
It's not slander to point out that someone's behavior fits a profile. Tomatocage didn't make any accusations.
ruggedman_dan
Legendary

Activity: 1012
Merit: 1000

We on P. Sherman 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 12:14:04 AM

So I'm a scammer for selling some giftcards and wanting to borrow some Bitcoins? fucking retard...

the irony of this

Lol.....

...lol.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: