Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 03:21:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Indian Bitcoin Miners  (Read 13448 times)
Pinwheel

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 01:18:42 PM

nothing, they do not pick up phone, not sure but feels somethgin wrong

Tom Waits: We should just start as soon as possible cause we might catch a rabbit before we have our pants on. (Juxtapoz)
rezurect

Activity: 686

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 01:57:16 PM

http://bitmapper.org/careers : if their vacancy list if true , shows that they have at least some amount of devs and designers.
Benson Samuel
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1000

Landscaping Bitcoin for India!

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2013, 04:49:38 AM

made Team India on btcguild.com no PIN, no Wheel, no donation, everybody CPU, GPU, FPGA, ASICs are Welcome

here is  some ASICminer Eruptor blades on offer

auction
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=194650.0

sale
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=195431.0

Team India  Rank  24 !!

Nice to see 3 miners contributing to Team India.
Anyone can join, CPU, GPU, Pressure Cooker, etc.

subvolatil

Activity: 546
Merit: 501

Cypherpunk and full-time CryptoAnarchist

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 04:52:51 AM

http://bitmapper.org/careers : if their vacancy list if true , shows that they have at least some amount of devs and designers.

And  also looks like they have a good FPGA experience. ,may be i should  also try to contact them .
Pinwheel

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 05:56:06 AM

And  also looks like they have a good FPGA experience. ,may be i should  also try to contact them .

sure you should, interesting to know more. they have board with Spartan 6 processor, same which used for bitcoins mining. if not expensive that can be on high demand in India and locally made.

Tom Waits: We should just start as soon as possible cause we might catch a rabbit before we have our pants on. (Juxtapoz)
buysellbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1105
Merit: 1001

https://www.zebpay.com

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2013, 06:37:26 AM

made Team India on btcguild.com no PIN, no Wheel, no donation, everybody CPU, GPU, FPGA, ASICs are Welcome

here is  some ASICminer Eruptor blades on offer

auction

sale

Team India  Rank  24 !!

Nice to see 3 miners contributing to Team India.
Anyone can join, CPU, GPU, Pressure Cooker, etc.

I spilled my morning coffee here (rofl)

Cheers

Download Zebpay Fastest way to Buy / Sell Bitcoins in India
Transaction processing within one working day and best bitcoin rates | Recharge airtime & buy vouchers of Amazon, Flipkart, Domino's at great discounts
Pinwheel

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 04:52:20 PM

there is actually huge potential for CPU mining in India. why not create sort of legal botnet. people will download and run a bot, bot will mine and people get paid let say 30-40%  In India people real good in counting money even if some one will get 200-300 Rupees in few months he will run that bot on his comp. make the bot open source and let any one to run proxy nodes.

let say one CPU will give 50mgh  x 1000000 = 50TH/s   usd 8 mil per month with current difficulty

Benson Samuel
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2013, 04:55:54 PM

there is actually huge potential for CPU mining in India. why not create sort of legal botnet. people will download and run a bot, bot will mine and people get paid let say 30-40%  In India people real good in counting money even if some one will get 200-300 Rupees in few months he will run that bot on his comp. make the bot open source and let any one to run proxy nodes.

let say one CPU will give 50mgh  x 1000000 = 50TH/s   usd 8 mil per month with current difficulty

This could be a great idea for Litecoin instead of BTC.

Also doubt if an average CPU can give out 50 Mhashs

Pinwheel

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 05:27:29 PM

just an idea  Wink

rezurect

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 05:39:12 PM

My view is to the contrary,
One real botnet(they would easily outnumber Indian PC users, let alone mining adopters) using the CPU mining it to advantage would kill the coin. Every coin tries to keeps away from CPU mining fearing Botnets. Botnets currently are irrelevant due to GPU mining. A CPU mined coined would invite trouble.
escrow.ms
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 05:40:29 PM

I thought that idea too but i doubt normal indian pc's will even give that much hash and after some time (ASIC) difficulty will go more high.
Pinwheel

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 06:08:40 PM

One real botnet(they would easily outnumber Indian PC users, let alone mining adopters) using the CPU mining it to advantage would kill the coin. Every coin tries to keeps away from CPU mining fearing Botnets. Botnets currently are irrelevant due to GPU mining. A CPU mined coined would invite trouble.

not sure if I understand you correctly but why contrary. if it is legal and people clicked - "I agree" button. You pay them money, CPU GPU, whatever, cofemaker. First you make pool, then connect it to another pool.

Pinwheel

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 06:11:06 PM
Last edit: May 07, 2013, 06:39:35 PM by Pinwheel

there is actually huge potential for CPU mining in India. why not create sort of legal botnet. people will download and run a bot, bot will mine and people get paid let say 30-40%  In India people real good in counting money even if some one will get 200-300 Rupees in few months he will run that bot on his comp. make the bot open source and let any one to run proxy nodes.

let say one CPU will give 50mgh  x 1000000 = 50TH/s   usd 8 mil per month with current difficulty

I thought that idea too but i doubt normal indian pc's will even give that much hash and after some time (ASIC) difficulty will go more high.

Indian PC are not much different from PCs in other countries at least from outside. But  if you will compare number of PCs in India and for example in Spain. Well Spain does not have chance.

subvolatil

Activity: 546
Merit: 501

Cypherpunk and full-time CryptoAnarchist

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 11:58:41 PM

Botnet .. of fuck , those thing  are  killing the  litecoin mining. some of these  botnets  are targeting  high end  computers  with gpu,  mines using the  gpu when the user is  using the computer ,  and  when on idel mode  uses both the gpu and the cpu.
killed off my  mining  rig .

Legal  botnets  will not be allowed.  to much legal  mumbojumbo  regarding  privacy  laws.
escrow.ms
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 12:47:02 AM

Botnet .. of fuck , those thing  are  killing the  litecoin mining. some of these  botnets  are targeting  high end  computers  with gpu,  mines using the  gpu when the user is  using the computer ,  and  when on idel mode  uses both the gpu and the cpu.

Legal  botnets  will not be allowed.  to much legal  mumbojumbo  regarding  privacy  laws.

Well there are many legal botnets are running and they didn't got any problem

eg.

http://50miner.org/
http://rublik.com/
Benson Samuel
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2013, 03:04:32 AM

Well there are many legal botnets are running and they didn't got any problem

eg.

http://50miner.org/
http://rublik.com/

Yup, i use 50 miner as well. Has inbuilt over clocking, etc.
But 50 miner does not support CPU only mining of alt coins or Bitcoins.

Has an error that the system is not fast enough.

Benson Samuel
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2013, 03:56:12 AM

here is  some ASICminer Eruptor blades on offer

auction

sale

Team India  Rank  24 !!

Something wrong with the Team reports at btc guild Pinwheel?

rezurect

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 02:15:07 PM

there is actually huge potential for CPU mining in India. why not create sort of legal botnet. people will download and run a bot, bot will mine and people get paid let say 30-40%  In India people real good in counting money even if some one will get 200-300 Rupees in few months he will run that bot on his comp. make the bot open source and let any one to run proxy nodes.

let say one CPU will give 50mgh  x 1000000 = 50TH/s   usd 8 mil per month with current difficulty

not sure if I understand you correctly but why contrary. if it is legal and people clicked - "I agree" button. You pay them money, CPU GPU, whatever, cofemaker. First you make pool, then connect it to another pool.
I was assuming that you meant creating a CPU only coin. I get your idea now, A CPU pool for India.
What i meant is a botnet like confiker (10,500,000+) joining us on our legal pool, they would take away a large share the rewards, even if we don't factor that, lets compute profits.

The 50Mh/s approximation for a CPU, doesn't seem right, I seem to get only 1.7 Mh/s on my core i5 mobile 540M .
A Core i3-2100 gives out  8.28 Mh/s, being the most popular CPU that would be the average.
Source:https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Mining_hardware_comparison#Intel

Calculations for Bitcoin
Assuming PPS rates of the Indian pool to be similar to that of BTC guild(since we will be joining a larger pool)
Assuming Average hash rate per CPU @ 10Mh/s
Asssuming current difficulty

BTC/day : 0.0005
Days/coin : 2000 days for 1BTC
Assuming exchange rate of 100$/BTC
$/day :0.05 ~Rs 2.75
Rs/Month : Rs 82.5
Overhead expense: Power charges ?
Any advantage arising out of BTC price increase could be negated by Difficulty increase when ASICS ship.

Calculations for Litecoin.
The same system giving 10 MH/s will give 10Kh/s for scrypt mining (actually 10% increase is expected)

Assuming Average hash rate per CPU @ 10Kh/s
Asssuming current difficulty

LTC/day : 0.0214
Days/coin : 46 days for 1LTC
Assuming exchange rate of 3$/LTC
$/day :0.06 ~Rs 3.6
Rs/Month : Rs 110
Any advantage arising out of LTC price increase will not negated by Difficulty increase (Till ASICS are designed).

50miner seems a working example of your idea.
Benson Samuel
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2013, 02:18:36 PM

And if you have 2000 people on the net, then it is 1 BTC a day.

We also need to know that miners reject shares from botnets. This may be a major challenge unless done with consent of the user.

rezurect

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 02:33:07 PM

And if you have 2000 people on the net, then it is 1 BTC a day.

We also need to know that miners reject shares from botnets. This may be a major challenge unless done with consent of the user.

Ah.., you mean 1BTC for the pool,
That doesnt change the per month income of a user?
Did i go wrong somewhere in the calc?

For the pool 1BTC/day .
Per user (1BTC/2000) = 0.0005 BTC/day = Rs2.75 /Day

I dont understand the argument?

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: