Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 11:47:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to remote contact to miner  (Read 1193 times)
Matias (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 07:21:15 AM

Hi

I Have Antminer S5 at home. When I'm in home network I can contact it without problems. But when I try same IP 192.168.1.36 outside home network, I get "address unreachable" error.

How can I fix this?
altcoinhosting

Activity: 896
Merit: 1006

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 07:23:58 AM

Hi

I Have Antminer S5 at home. When I'm in home network I can contact it without problems. But when I try same IP 192.168.1.36 outside home network, I get "address unreachable" error.

How can I fix this?

Your home network is behind a router, the router probably runs a DHCP server which gave an ip-addres (192.168.1.36) to your miner. It's a private ip address...
In order to contact your miner from the outside world, you need to get your public ip address, and configure your router to correctly foreward the external port to the internal address (tip: search for NAT configuration)...

In case your ISP doesn't give you a fixed public ip, you'll need to rely on a dynamic DNS service, dyndns used to do this, but i'm not sure if they're still in the business.

Matias (OP)

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 07:48:09 AM

This may be outside my skills  Grin

I don't have fixed IP (I guess I could get it), but my internet is very stable, so does the outside IP stay the same, until I need to reboot my ADSL modem (which happens very rarely)?

altcoinhosting

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 07:52:32 AM

I don't have fixed IP (I guess I could get it), but my internet is very stable, so does the outside IP stay the same, until I need to reboot my ADSL modem (which happens very rarely)?

Depends on your ISP... search for "yourisp DHCP lease time" and educate yourself Wink

My description sounded really difficult, but there are several simple how-to's published on the internet... you just have to know how to look.
For example, google-ing: "NAT external ip to internal webserver howto" will get you a long way. Eventough most brands of routers have a different GUI, the terminology they use is more or less the same, so if you have a basic technical understanding, a tutorial for a "brand A" router should be easily usable for a "brand B" router.

notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 07:55:57 AM

Easiest way for you I think is going to be teamviewer - http://www.teamviewer.com/en-us/ .   Set it up on a computer and leave that computer on in your house.  You can set it up where you use account to log in to machine from anywhere with internet access.

So say you have a dynamic IP does not matter as you connect through teamviewer.  It is the easiest option your will find, and does work on android and IOS I believe on connection from if your mobile.
Matias (OP)

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 07:57:52 AM

Thank you for the answers.
altcoinhosting

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 07:59:58 AM

I would have to agree with notlist3d, if you have limited technical knowledge and a dynamic ip, teamviewer will be a lot easyer than configuring NAT correctly...
Smiley

EDIT: on the other hand, i've seen your thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1347161.0
If you're serious about offering miner hosting to other people, it might be a good idear to learn about correct router setup... Especially if you're going to host other people's routers in your house while you're not at home!

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 08:08:55 AM

I would have to agree with notlist3d, if you have limited technical knowledge and a dynamic ip, teamviewer will be a lot easyer than configuring NAT correctly...
Smiley

EDIT: on the other hand, i've seen your thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1347161.0
If you're serious about offering miner hosting to other people, it might be a good idear to learn about correct router setup... Especially if you're going to host other people's routers in your house while you're not at home!

It will do everything he want's to do on teamviewer.  Give it a try OP pick a machine you want on full time, load it and make sure in install to tell it you want to start at boot.  And also make sure to use a account and save it.  As it is that account that allows you remotely to connect.

I think this is honestly your best option and one that will give you the least headaches.
Matias (OP)

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 08:14:37 AM

If you're serious about offering miner hosting to other people, it might be a good idear to learn about correct router setup

That is definately correct  Grin

But as I explained in that miner hosting thread, I would take only few machines, so I could do the adminesteration also my self from home network. But of course giving remote control to miner owners' would be much more professional Smiley
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 08:25:58 AM

If you're serious about offering miner hosting to other people, it might be a good idear to learn about correct router setup

That is definately correct  Grin

But as I explained in that miner hosting thread, I would take only few machines, so I could do the adminesteration also my self from home network. But of course giving remote control to miner owners' would be much more professional Smiley

How can you promise something such as remote control to owners?  Someone who tries is claiming that as a feature that will be there is normally not the one who does not know 192.168.X is a internal IP.

You setting up a remote system for multiple users that is safe.... is something you will need time and knowledge, and possibly even hire someone to code it.  And I'm not trying to be mean just being serious as your talking about a business.   I think your trying to jump into a business to quick.  Your already offering hosting when you don't even have info structure set up for it.
Matias (OP)

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 08:34:38 AM

You are correct. Maybe I gave wrong impression. As I said, I would only take very few (like 5) machines. And I'm not thinking of making a living out of this. I have a steady regular job. I was thinking about this just as a small hobby.

But you are definately right, that I can't make a promise of something about I don't have proper skills. So I'm not making a promise of remote control  Smiley

When I started the other thread I thought that I just put the settings in my self from home.

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 08:39:31 AM

You are correct. Maybe I gave wrong impression. As I said, I would only take very few (like 5) machines. And I'm not thinking of making a living out of this. I have a steady regular job. I was thinking about this just as a small hobby.

But you are definately right, that I can't make a promise of something about I don't have proper skills. So I'm not making a promise of remote contacting  Smiley

When I started the other thread I thought that I just put the settings in my self from home.

Honestly I don't think your ready, bigger farms beat that 10 cent price or match it in almost all cases.  And were talking about ones with great infrastructure.   And your  jumping in with no one knowing you trying to compete.  Just is a hard fight.

And your remote idea is very hard to do.  You need to give a customer access to their miners but not a "bad guy", or customers touching other customers miners.  I think you just would have a lot of work from where your at.

Either way best of luck.
Matias (OP)

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 08:59:08 AM

Thanks for your reasonable responses.

About prices, e.g. this

http://bitclouder.co/

You are right. I cant compete with that  Sad

Anyway, I still try to get that remote acces to my own miner  Smiley
Matias (OP)

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 02:10:01 PM

Team viewer was really easy way to get remote acces to miner.

Thanks.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 06:40:41 PM

Team viewer was really easy way to get remote acces to miner.

Thanks.

Not a problem it really is a great tool for personal use to get to your miner.  It's by far the easiest option for this, and personal use is free just have a box reminding you of it after disconnect sometimes.   It's a great tool though.

And if you have a smart phone check out the app.  It's kinda neat being able to use it on a mobile from anywhere.
OneInchWonder

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 06:48:06 AM

I use Google Remote Desktop. Works like a champ. I use it on my phone to get to me computer when at work.

get.uber.com/drive/?invite_code=brianp6308ue
~Dream

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 08:35:03 PM

im just a noob, but could he set up a couple rasberry pi's with unique teamveiwer accounts, to manage the miners to enable remote access to his customer's? Mabye a few Virtual machines on one nice computer may work as well.
altcoinhosting

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 09:00:12 PM

im just a noob, but could he set up a couple rasberry pi's with unique teamveiwer accounts, to manage the miners to enable remote access to his customer's? Mabye a few Virtual machines on one nice computer may work as well.

I still think it would be more professional if he'd pay for a fixed IP, then disabled his routers dhcp server and gave all antminers a fixed IP and a random pass. Then he could setup his nat.

In this case all his clients would get their dedicated port on his wan IP, and their dedicated password. They could then login on their antminer interface, and maintain their own setup...

quadriple7

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 02:41:33 PM

i think teamweaver would be the best choice for you .
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 04:10:26 PM

i think teamweaver would be the best choice for you .

Teamviewer is easiest and best option if was just him.  I think problem was he was looking into hosting others..... so they it brings up things like this.

I don't see most setting up access for outside world, but guess we will see.   It's a double edge sword as most don't want their miner open to the world, and would prefer behind a firewall.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: