Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:26:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Participants with opinions needed for online PhD Study into BitCoin Usage  (Read 466 times)
numilabs (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 11:38:27 AM

Is Bitcoin a boon for the criminal or disruptive power for good?

Is it done or do you foresee a rosy future for the cryptocurrency?

Here at Security Lancaster we are undertaking a large study into people’s understanding of Bitcoin and what prospects it might have going forward.  We are also looking to gather data on how people ind and understand information about Bitcoin.

So if you have an opinion - and especially if you have ever used Bitcoin in anyway - do please help us out by taking the survey over at https://lancasteruni.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_b76SFHaUFwSo2Tr&Source=BitCoinTalk

Thanks

Barney Craggs
Security Lancaster
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
tommygunyeah

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 12:07:30 PM

Is Bitcoin a boon for the criminal or disruptive power for good?

Is it done or do you foresee a rosy future for the cryptocurrency?

Here at Security Lancaster we are undertaking a large study into people’s understanding of Bitcoin and what prospects it might have going forward.  We are also looking to gather data on how people ind and understand information about Bitcoin.

So if you have an opinion - and especially if you have ever used Bitcoin in anyway - do please help us out by taking the survey over at https://lancasteruni.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_b76SFHaUFwSo2Tr&Source=BitCoinTalk

Thanks

Barney Craggs
Security Lancaster

Survey taken. Very interesting questioning. The dangers of bitcoin are still denied by many enthusiasts, but it may become a really serious issue as the userbase expands.
numilabs (OP)

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 01:01:58 PM

*BUMP* Thanks for those of you who have already offered help. I need well over a hundred people in total so please do take the survey if you can spare half an hour AND care about Bitcoin
numilabs (OP)

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 11:45:50 AM

Survey taken. Very interesting questioning. The dangers of bitcoin are still denied by many enthusiasts, but it may become a really serious issue as the userbase expands.

Cheers Tommy.  There are a number of hypothesis at test in the survey (hence the length and sometime obscurity of some questions).  All responses are greatly appreciated and should go some way to several new insights into Bitcoin users.
btcusury

Activity: 433
Merit: 260

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 04:54:14 PM

Wow, this is actually a good, useful, well thought out survey! Quite a rarity.

The "credible" news stories part is a bit confusing though. What exactly is meant by "credible"? The reporting itself? Or the actions being reported on?

FACT: There were hundreds of thousands of unnecessary deaths by December 2020 due to the censorship of all effective treatments (most notably ivermectin) in order to obtain EUA for experimental GT spike protein injections despite spike bioweaponization patents going back about a decade, and the manufacturers have 100% legal immunity despite long criminal histories.
numilabs (OP)

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 05:06:51 PM

Wow, this is actually a good, useful, well thought out survey! Quite a rarity.

The "credible" news stories part is a bit confusing though. What exactly is meant by "credible"? The reporting itself? Or the actions being reported on?

Thanks for that.  I must admit (despite a few naysayers but you expect that) an enormous amount of effort has gone into crafting a bunch of stuff into this survey along with a fair amount of coding to get Qualtrics to do.. tricks.

I can't disclose the underlying thinking until the survey closes (that would be silly given what the survey is trying to ascertain) but wrt the credibility of stories part... simply credibility is up to you.  Technically credibility is a facet of trust but in practise it means different things to different people BUT seems to end up in the same place.  Meaning the more credible (for whatever reason) you deem something to be the more likely you are to trust it.

I'm really hoping to get over 100 full study participants by the end of the month as that will enable some (ironically) credibility with the results in the fields of psychology and sociology as well as my core discipline - cyber-security.  Hopefully this study will provide one of the first formal looks into usage along with how and why news might be a price determinant of Bitcoin.  Normally this determinant status is merely asserted by statistical correlation between a news story being published and a price movement, here I hope to be able to explain why people respond to those news stories.

Please please do encourage others especially from the Bitcoin community who have remained somewhat bashful in helping out.

Again thanks
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: