Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 12:20:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Advice to Newbies moderators!  (Read 445 times)
anonymous_acc (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 05:31:14 PM

Greetings!

Let make some discussion in rewriting 5post rules for newbie. This is my second!

If there will be some mechanism like karma, there may be much more less flood at newbie section.

I suggest, that if some one introduce new service or some thing for closed part of forum that looks great, moderator may move this topic to closed part and give to author some points, e.g. me need 100% to get closed part, one such post give me 33% when other flood post like this, only 1%?

And separating the Newbies section to the same parts of main forum will make reading/writing more efficiently.

BTC: 1HRcwjxG2H5vSnNo5ZbGqMxRPFWJk6dwW9
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1227

Away on an extended break

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 05:33:43 PM

Greetings!

Let make some discussion in rewriting 5post rules for newbie. This is my second!

If there will be some mechanism like karma, there may be much more less flood at newbie section.

I suggest, that if some one introduce new service or some thing for closed part of forum that looks great, moderator may move this topic to closed part and give to author some points, e.g. me need 100% to get closed part, one such post give me 33% when other flood post like this, only 1%?

And separating the Newbies section to the same parts of main forum will make reading/writing more efficiently.
Not too sure what on earth you're talking about, but we do have the whitelist feature for outstanding/vouched newbie users if needed. They can move their own threads/start a new thread at other places if needed.
21after2

Activity: 112
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 06:10:52 PM

I would think it'd be quicker to reach five posts than to reach a level of karma. I never thought the five post rule was that restrictive. Hell, if anything I'd argue that it should be raised to ten or fifteen given how many scams seem to go around.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: