Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 02:37:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How can I "vote" with antminer?  (Read 1041 times)
plorph (OP)

Activity: 76
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 03:53:54 PM

The antminer s7 has been great for how easy it is to setup. However, I haven't been able to get into the operating system myself and say, write my own mining code. So is there a way for me to have more control over the blocks it mines and have more of a voice as opposed to just copying the vote of bitmain?

puh-lorph
Wilhelmus

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 06:09:09 PM

The antminer s7 has been great for how easy it is to setup. However, I haven't been able to get into the operating system myself and say, write my own mining code. So is there a way for me to have more control over the blocks it mines and have more of a voice as opposed to just copying the vote of bitmain?

Mine in the pool that support the same idea than you and you'll "vote" like you want. Can you tell us what is this vote ?
plorph (OP)

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 06:42:58 PM

Mine in the pool that support the same idea than you and you'll "vote" like you want. Can you tell us what is this vote ?

I didn't have anything super specific but I just wanted to utilize my miners fully and not just blindly mine. I suppose it makes sense to join a pool that shares similar ideals, thanks.

puh-lorph
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 06:47:57 PM

I didn't have anything super specific but I just wanted to utilize my miners fully and not just blindly mine. I suppose it makes sense to join a pool that shares similar ideals, thanks.

That is about only option unless you have a massive amount of hash.  If you set up your own pool, to "vote" for your preferences you would be solo mining which is like winning lotto with small gear.

So finding a pool that supports same things as you wan't is about as good as it get's.  Is it just size? Or did you have something else you were thinking about?
plorph (OP)

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 07:48:11 PM

That is about only option unless you have a massive amount of hash.  If you set up your own pool, to "vote" for your preferences you would be solo mining which is like winning lotto with small gear.

So finding a pool that supports same things as you wan't is about as good as it get's.  Is it just size? Or did you have something else you were thinking about?

I understand better now. Yeah I guess joining the right pool is all you can do unless you have a lot of hashing power. I have been following all of the blocksize debates, and other debates regarding where to guide bitcoin and was wanting to know how I can participate with my miners.

puh-lorph
windpath
Legendary

Activity: 1258
Merit: 1027

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2016, 03:42:46 PM

Setting up your own P2Pool node gives you complete control. There is more overhead involved as P2Pool requires you to run your own Bitcoin full node, but I have found it is worth it Smiley
Laviathon

Activity: 481
Merit: 264

BCMonster.com BTC ZEN HUSH KMD ARRR VRSC ACH RFOX

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2016, 03:19:26 AM

Your more than welcome to bring your s7 to my pool!  2 blocks this week working on number 3 now!

BCMonster.com BTC, KMD, ZEN, HUSH, RFox, ARRR, ACH, VRSC <cpu> -   /  Easy Live Dashboards   / Looking for Miners! Join our Discord
sloopy

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=905210.msg

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 03:25:47 AM

I understand better now. Yeah I guess joining the right pool is all you can do unless you have a lot of hashing power. I have been following all of the blocksize debates, and other debates regarding where to guide bitcoin and was wanting to know how I can participate with my miners.

How do you feel about these things?

Transaction fees go to the pools and the pools decide to pay them to the miners. Anything else, including off-chain solutions are stealing and not the way Bitcoin was intended to function.
Make the block size set by the pool. Pool = miners and they get the choice.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: