Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 10:25:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The CIA and Bitcoin  (Read 2078 times)
moneyart (OP)

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 07:19:36 PM

Gavin Andresen had to go to the CIA and tell them how Bitcoin is working. Does anyone know more?
AgentofCoin
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 07:28:04 PM

Gavin Andresen had to go to the CIA and tell them how Bitcoin is working. Does anyone know more?

Gavin's own words at the time.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=6652.msg97181#msg97181

I support a decentralized & unregulatable ledger first, with safe scaling over time.
Request a signed message if you are associating with anyone claiming to be me.
GetClams.com

Activity: 179
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 07:29:47 PM

Open Source? Public Ledger? CIA doesnt need Gavin for that. There are tons of professionals with that capability now.
EndTheFed321

Activity: 577
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2016, 07:44:51 PM

yes, he also gave personal information on moneyart, AgentofCoin,GetClams.com and EndTheFed321 Tongue

Earn Free BTC by using your browser check it  out
https://get.cryptobrowser.site/11117080
Orangina

Activity: 309
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 07:49:04 PM

Why would they need to ask Gavin anything on the first place ? I mean they are secret services , they could simply spy on him if you ask me .(It's not like they don't do it and they care about the law and that kind of shit) right?
In my opinion , if they really want to know how Bitcoin is doing or who really created Bitcoin etc ... then they would (If they don't already).
CuntChocula

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 07:53:03 PM

yes, he also gave personal information on moneyart, AgentofCoin,GetClams.com and EndTheFed321 Tongue

Doesn't the guy who run this forum provide such info whenever the feds ask him to?
Mr Felt

Activity: 493
Merit: 518

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 08:01:14 PM

It is just CIA, there is no "the" in front. One person besides me in this thread gets it . . . .  Wink
justspare

Activity: 1022
Merit: 538

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 08:05:38 PM

Why would they need to ask Gavin anything on the first place ? I mean they are secret services , they could simply spy on him if you ask me .(It's not like they don't do it and they care about the law and that kind of shit) right?
In my opinion , if they really want to know how Bitcoin is doing or who really created Bitcoin etc ... then they would (If they don't already).

I guess they just aren't bothered to do that spy stuff any more. But he gladly gave up the information. So what's the point of spying on him.
BTCBinary

Activity: 504

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 08:08:16 PM

There's a lot of people accusing him of working with the feds for a long time. So... there's a chance that he might have been in with them all along
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4270
Merit: 4534

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 08:24:54 PM

here is a CIA conspiracy for you
everyone knows that googe, IBM, Microsoft all have government contracts (not the conspiracy im alluding to)

now.
imagine in 2013 it was set up that these public facing subcontractors of the CIA wanted to take over bitcoin.
they ofcourse wont have 1 plan, but several plans, multi fascited, bait and switch plans. (imagine the 3 shell game)

so here goes.
firstly get some of their own staff into the ranks of the development team. just to gauge the threat bitcoin can cause the IMF and other monetary competitors.
next set up some groups that show interest in growing bitcoin, getting the community engaged and discussing new possibilities for change. all while knowing your going to fail on 2 out of 3 of the groups. (purposefully) to win "sheeple victory" of the 3rd.

so you use your staff to move over to 2 groups you purposefully want to display as going against the grain of open public monetary freedom.
firstly XT. make it very public that they hate bitcoin(r3) and publicly state it will end(hearne) and something else will replace it. publicly known to be the bankers that caused the 2008 crises and the reason bitcoin wanted something different, that was not related to bankers..
you use the 3rd shell shills to make the community aware of the negative reasons not to keep the first shell, and to stick with shell 3, winning blind support for shell 3.
thus getting people angry at a small group that would never succeed anyway(shell 1), just to divert attention away from the real growing agenda inside shell 3

next you create a group that appears to do what the community want in terms of blocksize growth. but they have shady backers that are publicly looking corrupt. again its just a 3shell game to get people to look at the two shells, giving more time for the real agenda to grow under the 3rd shell unnoticed. which you know is the winner by default

eventually out of sheer exhaustion. the community throw away the first 2 shells and settle and accept the 3rd shell

now it time to lift the 3rd shell..
surprise: they too want to kill off bitcoin and replace it with something else.

now i will leave you with this:
core->blockstream->PriceWaterhouseCooper-> Google, Microsoft, IBM

(as i said its a conspiracy theory, so take it as a bit of comedy, but not complete fiction nor complete fact)

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Mr Felt

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 08:37:02 PM
Last edit: February 01, 2016, 08:58:47 PM by Mr Felt

here is a CIA conspiracy for you
everyone knows that googe, IBM, Microsoft all have government contracts (not the conspiracy im alluding to)

now.
imagine in 2013 it was set up that these public facing subcontractors of the CIA wanted to take over bitcoin.
they ofcourse wont have 1 plan, but several plans, multi fascited, bait and switch plans. (imagine the 3 shell game)

so here goes.
firstly get some of their own staff into the ranks of the development team. just to gauge the threat bitcoin can cause the IMF and other monetary competitors.
next set up some groups that show interest in growing bitcoin, getting the community engaged and discussing new possibilities for change. all while knowing your going to fail on 2 out of 3 of the groups. (purposefully) to win "sheeple victory" of the 3rd.

so you use your staff to move over to 2 groups you purposefully want to display as going against the grain of open public monetary freedom.
firstly XT. make it very public that they hate bitcoin(r3) and publicly state it will end(hearne) and something else will replace it. publicly known to be the bankers that caused the 2008 crises and the reason bitcoin wanted something different, that was not related to bankers..
you use the 3rd shell shills to make the community aware of the negative reasons not to keep the first shell, and to stick with shell 3, winning blind support for shell 3.
thus getting people angry at a small group that would never succeed anyway(shell 1), just to divert attention away from the real growing agenda inside shell 3

next you create a group that appears to do what the community want in terms of blocksize growth. but they have shady backers that are publicly looking corrupt. again its just a 3shell game to get people to look at the two shells, giving more time for the real agenda to grow under the 3rd shell unnoticed. which you know is the winner by default

eventually out of sheer exhaustion. the community throw away the first 2 shells and settle and accept the 3rd shell

now it time to lift the 3rd shell..
surprise: they too want to kill off bitcoin and replace it with something else.

now i will leave you with this:
core->blockstream->PriceWaterhouseCooper-> Google, Microsoft, IBM

(as i said its a conspiracy theory, so take it as a bit of comedy, but not complete fiction nor complete fact)

Just to add to the fun, but definitely NOT asserting any connection between any agency and bitcoin (at this time):

In Kubrick's 2001: A Space Odyssey, the computer, HAL, is code for IBM.  H --> I, A --> B, L --> M.  

Edit - forgot to include the "NOT" above.
onlinedragon

Activity: 1036
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 08:42:12 PM

They wanna know all what happens in the world. So possible they need a backdoor to catch the big guys.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4270
Merit: 4534

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 08:55:36 PM

Just to add to the fun, but definitely asserting any connection between any agency and bitcoin (at this time):

In Kubrick's 2001: A Space Odyssey, the computer, HAL, is code for IBM.  H --> I, A --> B, L --> M.  

just to add more fun, and showing a bit more of a hashing method to this...
finney=google

finney

y=25
n=14
n=14

ynn=23 and oo

f+1=G (22 left)
L=12 (10 left)
10=6 and 4
4 minus 6= minus 2
i minus 2=g

Google

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
BellaBitBit

Activity: 756

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 08:58:54 PM

Open Source? Public Ledger? CIA doesnt need Gavin for that. There are tons of professionals with that capability now.

I think this might be right, they certainly have the staff to know what they need to know.

I love Bitcoin
Mr Felt

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 08:59:21 PM

ooooooooo (RE: Franky1's google breakdown)

nice!
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 09:00:00 PM

Is there an unbroken, unedited video of Mr Andresen entering the CIA building, doing his business and then leaving it? If not then I think we need to assume that he was replaced by an android. I can't say I'm surprised.
cjmoles
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1017

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2016, 09:20:29 PM

I think that if there were any type of information about spying on Bitcoin, then Edward Snowden would've exposed that in his intelligence leaks. After all, he worked for both the CIA and the NSA. And isn't the NSA responsible for the creation of SHA256....Huh  Why no mention from Snowden...? We know damn well they were watching!

Question: If Gavin's meeting with the CIA was so innocuous, why did Satoshi go underground?
gentlemand
Legendary

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 09:24:29 PM

I think that if there were any type of information about spying on Bitcoin, then Edward Snowden would've exposed that in his intelligence leaks.

Snowden's just one guy. There are plenty of layers higher than him. Anyway what need is there to 'spy' on Bitcoin? All the info you desire is readily accessible everywhere.
cjmoles
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1017

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2016, 09:32:25 PM

I think that if there were any type of information about spying on Bitcoin, then Edward Snowden would've exposed that in his intelligence leaks.

Snowden's just one guy. There are plenty of layers higher than him. Anyway what need is there to 'spy' on Bitcoin? All the info you desire is readily accessible everywhere.

Good question! But, why did they need to interview Gavin if they had all the information they desired anyway...I mean, Satoshi went dark right around that same time so....Hmmmm.

In the "hood," what Gavin did wouldn't fly!
gentlemand
Legendary

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 09:41:27 PM

Good question! But, why did they need to interview Gavin if they had all the information they desired anyway...I mean, Satoshi went dark right around that same time so....Hmmmm.

It's the CIA's business to stay on top of world developments and Bitcoin certainly is one of those. You may as well invite one of the guys in charge of it to come over for a few beers to learn some more rather than piece it together from a bunch of whiners on Reddit.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: