Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:49:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Coine.rs – an open wiki about people and companies behind Bitcoin  (Read 886 times)
Har01d (OP)

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 10:26:27 AM

https://coine.rs/

While cryptocurrencies are meant to be decentralized, open-source, made for people, by people, at this moment in time, there is not enough information about the persons behind them. A lot of responsibility lies on the shoulders of wallet developers, exchanges, core members, mining pool operators, and more. Coine.rs is meant to offer the community more access to information surrounding the cryptocurrency market.

Any attempt meant to modify a certain aspect of a cryptocurrency code puts big money at stake, and has to be handled with a lot of care. There are also cases when certain companies or individuals would like to influence a cryptocurrency in their own interests. However, if information on these people is out in the open, their motives can be understood more clearly, while the digital currency will also get the potential to become more open.

Together with this, it is also essential to understand what background influential people behind cryptocurrencies have. For example, if ‘John’ wants to, for example, make Bitcoin inflationary instead of deflationary, the public should be able to know whether John has a background in economics, and whether he should be in the position to make such a decision.

Anyone can participate in Coine.rs wiki! You are welcome to add articles about individuals and companies, edit existing ones, comment on them and carry out more in-depth research

I hope this wiki will help Bitcoin development to become more open.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 3409

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2016, 11:34:04 AM

This is an interesting one although I doubt all of them (anyone related behind BTCitcoin) Would share everything or some wouldn't share anything at all but still a good choice to help introduce them even more to the community. I also happen to like the interface of the website (simple yet nice and functionality wise everything is working).

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Emerge
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 12:27:12 PM

Wow, pretty cool project.
We need to make an open source project before creating a Coine.rs profile?
xqus

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 01:45:23 PM

Nice site, and like that it is so easy to contribute.

But could you please explain how "famous" people need to be before you should write about them there. Also, do you require it to be in English. Any plans to support other languages?

PGP fingerprint: B17233A1 || Bitrated user: xqus ≡ Free trust agent || LocalBitcoins ≡ Buy bitcoins locally
Wallet and Exchange security ≡ A security overview of wallets and exchanges. (forum thread)
Har01d (OP)

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 09:29:34 AM

Wow, pretty cool project.
We need to make an open source project before creating a Coine.rs profile?

Thanks!

Not at all. The only requirement for projects is to somehow use the Blockchain technology.

Nice site, and like that it is so easy to contribute.

But could you please explain how "famous" people need to be before you should write about them there. Also, do you require it to be in English. Any plans to support other languages?

Thank you!

You can submit articles about any companies or projects (and its developers) in the cryptocurrency sphere (well, if it's not something like a HYIP, of course, or a simple comic book store accepting Bitcoin). So, please, feel free to write about yourself or your project Smiley

Currently, we only have a native English editor, but if someone wants to translate the articles into another language, or maintain a non-English branch, it will definitely be possible to create a Git branch for the new language and a new subdomain for the website.

xqus

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 02:10:42 PM

Sounds good.
At the moment I have no spare time, but if I get some in the future I will try to translate to Norwegian.  Smiley

PGP fingerprint: B17233A1 || Bitrated user: xqus ≡ Free trust agent || LocalBitcoins ≡ Buy bitcoins locally
Wallet and Exchange security ≡ A security overview of wallets and exchanges. (forum thread)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: