Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 11:03:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you think adults these days are more immature than children?
Yes - 7 (33.3%)
No - 7 (33.3%)
They've always been more immature. Nothing has changed. - 7 (33.3%)
Total Voters: 21

Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why are adults getting more and more immature?  (Read 2527 times)
TheGr33k (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 04:27:56 AM
Last edit: February 10, 2016, 02:44:54 PM by TheGr33k

My friend and I were just having a conversation about this literally an hour ago. He and his wife work side by side on a law firm. Off the clock, they were arguing with two people who were having a discussion about how they think children should stay children and not be aspiring to have jobs. Last time I checked, it was good to encourage a child to work on their own small businesses, but that's really subjective. From there, they started taking digs. I don't know if I have the full story, but that's pretty lame for adult behavior. People have the right to express an opinion, so be respectful.

Not to mention that some people on the internet who happen to be over 40 would rather spend time on forums fighting with people they don't even know too well instead of worrying about something more important. You know you live in the unproductive era of adults when they would rather sit around verbally attacking people they don't even know behind a computer for either having an opposing opinion, or having a personality they don't appreciate or mesh well with.

When I see people old enough to be my father arguing like a child online, it honestly makes me wonder if they have a job or a family to worry over.

I'm not completely judging. Something actually tells me I'll grow old and get bitter enough to do that too. But....it's still sad.
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
catch.me.if.you.can

Activity: 616

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 07:34:16 AM

Indeed. The cause of this immaturity are the freemasons. They control everything, banks, schools, universities, TV, etc, and they create stupid individuals through educational system.
notbatman
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 07:44:40 AM

Indeed. The cause of this immaturity are the freemasons. They control everything, banks, schools, universities, TV, etc, and they create stupid individuals through educational system.

You're giving the brick layers too much credit, the Tavistock Institute is where the idea to promote immaturaty amoungst the masses was dreampt up.
rikrikrik

Activity: 560

where am i? HELLO WORLD

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 08:33:17 AM

I know I act immature but I have ptsd, I wasn't like this before, but now i am in Europe wtf is up with people, they could be 50 and they still bitch like kids rather than communicate, maybe it's because we are living longer?

I sell small amounts of BTC for PayPal msg me for details and spot rate
Compiler

Activity: 434
Merit: 86

Community Manager

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2016, 09:54:13 AM

They have lost the values ​​and education.

Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2016, 11:00:15 AM

I think adults have always been like this, they think too highly of themselves just because they have a degree or two and think because they belong to a powerful country they can be as arrogant as they like. However when it comes to the younger generation, the biggest problem has been with education. You see this with SJWs and Feminists, the reason they're behaving the way they do is because of the professors who encourage them, they're being taught this crap and so have a lot of other adults.

We're having to undo the damage of an entire generation being taught a load of bullshit.
bizerinm

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 11:21:59 AM

Because they didn't actually had childhood. Child should be child until he or she groves up and be ready to take responsability , and not to be later teen in his 40is. Yes children should go part time work when they have 15/16 on weekend to learn the value of money and education but let him grove up and not to be 'old'with his 18 and than teen in 40es

$1000 USA ITunes Gift Card   https://payivy.com/v/c05a7
10x XBOX LIVE 12 MONTH GOLD SUBSCRIPTION https://payivy.com/v/bc48b
100$ starbucks egift card - never expire 40$ https://payivy.com/v/3b954
Fandango GIFT CARD Value $50 - 20$ https://payivy.com/v/d77b4
500$ Itunes gift card for USA https://payivy.com/v/d7a9e
catch.me.if.you.can

Activity: 616

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 12:22:53 PM

Work under 18 is illegal.
TheGr33k (OP)

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 01:35:36 PM

Work under 18 is illegal.
Not when emancipated or given consent from a parent or legal guardian.
bizerinm

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 01:47:14 PM

There is a lot of part time jobs which are offered to person under 18...and it's ok to have some responssability but better to use it to learn something or have a hobby.

$1000 USA ITunes Gift Card   https://payivy.com/v/c05a7
10x XBOX LIVE 12 MONTH GOLD SUBSCRIPTION https://payivy.com/v/bc48b
100$ starbucks egift card - never expire 40$ https://payivy.com/v/3b954
Fandango GIFT CARD Value $50 - 20$ https://payivy.com/v/d77b4
500$ Itunes gift card for USA https://payivy.com/v/d7a9e
TheGr33k (OP)

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 09:37:31 PM

I think adults have always been like this, they think too highly of themselves just because they have a degree or two and think because they belong to a powerful country they can be as arrogant as they like. However when it comes to the younger generation, the biggest problem has been with education. You see this with SJWs and Feminists, the reason they're behaving the way they do is because of the professors who encourage them, they're being taught this crap and so have a lot of other adults.

We're having to undo the damage of an entire generation being taught a load of bullshit.
I don't believe it has anything to do with degrees or country they belong to. I am sure there's some parents in Africa with nothing, thinking that they're above all.
Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2016, 10:12:25 PM

Oh don't get me wrong, arrogance can be everywhere, but I thin this is where it's most prelevant one of my family members has a masters degree and ever since he came back from University he's definitely had a worse attitude because of it, it gives them an inflated sense of importance.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 3010

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2016, 10:14:14 PM

I don't think adults are getting more immature.  There are the same amount of immature adults they have always been.  It's just getting easier to be noticed on the internet.

A few years ago when I first joined this forum, it was the high IQ society.  Only people that could figure out bitcoin were here.  Now all the applications make bitcoin child's play, and this forum is filled with immaturity.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!

OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2016, 11:10:13 PM

Fair point, it is easier to notice on the internet, I wonder if it is just that, I know for certain that without the internet we would be completely blind and not know a thing about certain topic and the outside world because of how much traditional media is controlled.
TheGr33k (OP)

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 12:48:09 AM

I know I act immature but I have ptsd, I wasn't like this before, but now i am in Europe wtf is up with people, they could be 50 and they still bitch like kids rather than communicate, maybe it's because we are living longer?
Don't blame immaturity on mental issues. Who doesn't have mental issues these days?

Ernstew

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 11:14:28 PM

becuase people actually didn't have their childhood. now they feel something is not ok, but becuse their point of view

██████████    YoBit.net - Cryptocurrency Exchange - Over 350 coins
█████████    <<  ● $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$   >>
██████████    <<  ● Play DICE! Win 1-5 btc just for 5 mins!  >>
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 09:03:44 AM

The trouble as I see it is in defining what counts as immaturity; technically anything an adult does counts as mature behavior as adults are by definition mature.  So adults can never be more or less mature as they set the literal bar as to what consists of mature behavior.  If adults often argue online, then it can be considered a mature act for a child to imitate this adult behavior.  It can also be viewed as the adult exhibiting childlike behavior.  Literally anything a child does can be defined as immature when applied to adults, and vice versa.  Let me show you:

Children play sports.  Ergo adults who play sports are immature.
Adults drink alcohol.  Ergo children who drink alcohol are mature.
Children go to school.  Ergo adults who go to school are immature.
Adults have sex.  Ergo children who have sex are mature.
Children draw.  Ergo adults who draw are immature.
Adults use swear words.  Ergo children who use swear words are mature.
Children play video games.  Ergo adults who play video games are immature.
Adults play video games.  Ergo children who play video games are mature.

You can go on forever with any example of anything a child does and consider it to be immature for adult behavior.  I believe you need to further contemplate what it is you're noticing in these people that you dislike so much.  Dismissing them as being immature is meaningless.  The topic question cannot be answered; even considering a static standard for mature behavior, we don't really have data on the maturity of all the world's population over time to come to the conclusion that adults are indeed straying from this standard; I think you are operating from a limited perspective, as are we all, but you have let your imagination run a little too wild here.  Now, if you mean intelligence rather than maturity, then it's a little clearer as to why people seem to act so stupidly compared to the past...but that's a whole different matter.

lrdeoliveira

Activity: 532
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 10:26:51 AM

because we are circling of technologies , most of the times useless , in some years majority of the people will not be able to write correctly something a piece of paper
frankenmint
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018

HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2016, 10:39:19 AM

I don't believe adults are getting more immature so much as you're maturing and noticing what your peers do.  I think that kids see the crap and faults of their parents very easily and as a result parents are trying their best to be perfect when they're just as prone to making mistakes that their offspring may also make in similar circumstances. 

It's not your place to step in unless you think they have gotten to the point to where they can't resolve this in a sensible manner on their own.  I personally think its foolish to tell your kid 'no you can't have your own mini business' especially if the kid genuinely wants to do it.  Now if the kid wants an allowance and the parent is saying nope you have to earn it yourself that's messed up and they should give their kid a way to earn some spending money unless circumstances truly prevent it (90% of the time a parent can make room to give their kids an allowance though).

morantis

Activity: 868
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 08:58:43 PM

I am not saying that you are wrong, but that came so completely out of right field compared to the OP that I had to laugh.
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  

Jump to: