Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 06:59:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Whats Up w/BitMit  (Read 1613 times)
johnniewalker (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 07, 2013, 01:51:27 AM

It won't load...did the same thing yesterday

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2013, 02:37:26 AM

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
January 07, 2013, 04:11:15 AM

It's been down for nearly two days, now. Tosaki's obviously aware of it, and says he's fixing it (waiting for datacenter to respond). I'm guessing there's a sustained DDoS attack. For some reason, he said the site was slow and might need a hardware upgrade (maybe I misinterpreted and he's talking about DDoS-prevention hardware)... vast majority being unable to reach the site vs. the site loading slowly are two different things. If he hadn't have said the site's just slow, I would've assumed maybe a hard drive crashed. Dunno, though.
johnniewalker (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 07, 2013, 05:08:45 AM

It's been down for nearly two days, now. Tosaki's obviously aware of it, and says he's fixing it (waiting for datacenter to respond). I'm guessing there's a sustained DDoS attack. For some reason, he said the site was slow and might need a hardware upgrade (maybe I misinterpreted and he's talking about DDoS-prevention hardware)... vast majority being unable to reach the site vs. the site loading slowly are two different things. If he hadn't have said the site's just slow, I would've assumed maybe a hard drive crashed. Dunno, though.
What do you think that mean for anyone who had transactions in progress?
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
January 07, 2013, 06:48:35 AM

Probably nothing, assuming nothing was compromised. Assuming it'll just poof back up within a couple days as quickly as it poofed away. If someone shipped an item out, or is waiting for escrow to be released, the transaction will just take a bit longer since they can't update status on Bitmit.

I think Tosaki said he was waiting on datacenter to respond and it should be within 12 hours. I think he may've said that ~6-12 hours ago, though.

The paranoid may want to start making sure they didn't use BitMit password anywhere sensitive. I'm not exactly sure how BitMit handles wallet funds, but probably safe. Not like anyone could withdraw... so just a waiting game for users to see if it'll just be a short outage or something worse.
johnniewalker (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 04:41:47 AM

Probably nothing, assuming nothing was compromised. Assuming it'll just poof back up within a couple days as quickly as it poofed away. If someone shipped an item out, or is waiting for escrow to be released, the transaction will just take a bit longer since they can't update status on Bitmit.

I think Tosaki said he was waiting on datacenter to respond and it should be within 12 hours. I think he may've said that ~6-12 hours ago, though.

The paranoid may want to start making sure they didn't use BitMit password anywhere sensitive. I'm not exactly sure how BitMit handles wallet funds, but probably safe. Not like anyone could withdraw... so just a waiting game for users to see if it'll just be a short outage or something worse.
Thanks for the peace of mind.
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 05:00:29 AM

Thanks for the peace of mind.
Wasn't anything too bad. Tosaki made a recent post @ https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=41592.msg1440279#msg1440279
K1773R
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008

/dev/null

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 05:17:05 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=135366.0

[GPG Public Key]
BTC/DVC/TRC/FRC: 1K1773RbXRZVRQSSXe9N6N2MUFERvrdu6y ANC/XPM AK1773RTmRKtvbKBCrUu95UQg5iegrqyeA NMC: NK1773Rzv8b4ugmCgX789PbjewA9fL9Dy1 LTC: LKi773RBuPepQH8E6Zb1ponoCvgbU7hHmd EMC: EK1773RxUes1HX1YAGMZ1xVYBBRUCqfDoF BQC: bK1773R1APJz4yTgRkmdKQhjhiMyQpJgfN
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: