Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 11:08:36 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bill Introduced By Marxists To End Term Limits For The Presidency Of The USA  (Read 2900 times)
Bitware (OP)

Activity: 926
Merit: 1001

weaving spiders come not here

View Profile
January 07, 2013, 03:56:59 AM

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/113/hjres15

ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2013, 04:14:48 AM

Bitware (OP)

View Profile
January 07, 2013, 04:34:13 AM

Its a real bill from our real representatives on a real government legislation tracking website.

I am not understanding the tinfoin alert part.

Do you not believe it actually exists ?
laughingbear
Deflationary champion

Activity: 622
Merit: 500

www.cryptobetfair.com

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2013, 04:36:58 AM

Prognosis

0% chance of getting past committee.
    0% chance of being enacted or passed.

Only 15% of House joint resolutions made it past committee and only 10% were enacted or passed in 2009–2010. [show factors | methodology]

Cosponsors
    none
ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2013, 04:46:13 AM

Prognosis

Only 15% of House joint resolutions made it past committee and only 10% were enacted or passed in 2009–2010. [show factors | methodology]

Cosponsors
    none

this.
Bitware (OP)

View Profile
January 07, 2013, 05:13:14 AM

Prognosis

Cosponsors
    none

this.

This is not paranoia nor a conspiracy theory, so it is no tinfoil hat alert. It is reality. Regardless of the low chance it will pass, we have representatives who want to end term limits. Do you understand the precident that would set if it happens?
myrkul

Activity: 532

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2013, 05:17:47 AM

Prognosis

Cosponsors
    none

this.

This is not paranoia nor a conspiracy theory, so it is no tinfoil hat alert. It is reality. Regardless of the low chance it will pass, we have representatives who want to end term limits. Do you understand the precident president that would set if it happens?
FTFY. Wink

But yes, that would set a pretty nasty precedent.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2013, 05:25:02 AM

There is a guy who actually called out for the execution of "global warming deniers". (I don't remember his name some prof during a speech).
But I am not really that concerned they ought come to get me anytime soon Smiley

Sure there are delusional idiots everywhere and some are politicians (duh!  Cheesy)

I probably shouldn't have posted that picture since hunting for these hilarities is a sport in it's own, nice find.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2013, 05:55:46 AM

Prognosis

Cosponsors
    none

this.

This is not paranoia nor a conspiracy theory, so it is no tinfoil hat alert. It is reality. Regardless of the low chance it will pass, we have representatives who want to end term limits. Do you understand the precident that would set if it happens?

Yeah real scary stuff reverting your constitution back to where it was for ~180 years before you right wing whack jobs got it changed. Just think if you had not fucked with it you could have had Saint Reagan for three or more terms perhaps preventing that crime against humanity of Slick Willy getting blown in the oval office.

Hmm... I detect a little bitterness.

You know what, I say we just elect a president for life, and be done with it. Finish the transition to a banana republic.

No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2013, 02:22:53 PM

This is why I keep telling you lot we should all head into space, much, much more resources and well.... Infinite space there Cheesy
Luno

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 07, 2013, 03:13:42 PM

Padmé: "This is how liberty dies with thunderous applause."
justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 07, 2013, 03:27:56 PM

The situation more closely resembles the USSR in the mid 1980s than the 1920s.
nobbynobbynoob

Activity: 784

Annuit cœptis humanae libertas

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2013, 03:46:51 PM

This.

I can't see even the now-totalitarian US régime or the NWO becoming as bad as Stalin, simply because it's really, really hard to be as evil as Stalin (or Hitler or Mao or whomever). But that in itself isn't much of a consolation?

Earn Free Bitcoins!   Earn bitcoin via BitcoinGet
BTC tip: 1PKkvuwC24Vqjv9odigXs1QVzE66jEJqmb (if <200 µBTC, please donate to charity)
LTC tip: LRqXaNdF79QHvhPpS5AZdEJZnLiNnAkJvq (if <Ł0,05, please donate to charity)
Luno

View Profile
January 07, 2013, 03:51:50 PM

So you think this leads to a kind of poly-dictatorship? Putin pulled this stunt last year when he took office for the third term.

Russia tries to look like a democracy, but that i clearly not how things work over there.

A law like that is useful if you want to suspend election because of turmoil or for another reason. You don't get kicked out of office because of a technicality that ends your term even if no elections are held.
creativex

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 07, 2013, 03:58:57 PM

The POTUS already declares war without Congressional approval, executes people(including US citizens) at will, detains anyone in the world indefinitely without charges, and changes/creates laws to suit his purpose. The Constitutional Republic that was America is long gone, freeing the executive branch of these remaining pesky restrictions is merely a formality.

justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 07, 2013, 04:03:42 PM

What I mean is that the current paradigm is reaching its apex, like it did in the USSR in the 1980s.

There are too many unfunded obligations to pay, and when the cash runs out the regime will vote themselves out of existence and leave everyone who isn't part of the inner circle holding the bag. Pensioners, retirees, federal employees, creditors will get nothing.

The system that ends up replacing this one will be less totalitarian, because totalitarianism will no longer be profitable for the rulers.
Luno

View Profile
January 07, 2013, 04:20:06 PM

What I mean is that the current paradigm is reaching its apex, like it did in the USSR in the 1980s.

There are too many unfunded obligations to pay, and when the cash runs out the regime will vote themselves out of existence and leave everyone who isn't part of the inner circle holding the bag. Pensioners, retirees, federal employees, creditors will get nothing.

The system that ends up replacing this one will be less totalitarian, because totalitarianism will no longer be profitable for the rulers.

Beautiful outlook. I share that perspective myself on good days, that the bulk of the minds of the citizens always will out smart any government given enough time.

Usually I fear that unemployment, bankruptcy and hunger won't lead to a healthy transition to a more sensible world.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2013, 04:22:39 PM

Beautiful outlook. I share that perspective myself on good days, that the bulk of the minds of the citizens always will out smart any government given enough time.

Usually I fear that unemployment, bankruptcy and hunger won't lead to a healthy transition to a more sensible world.

I don't think he mentioned how rough the transition would be. Unless there is a much larger Agorist underground than I am aware of, outside of some small areas, it's going to be very rough indeed.

Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2013, 04:25:48 PM

I'm more reminded of the SPQR and how they devolved entirely and Rome ended up being ruled by a man named Julius Caesar, you guys had a general in your army named Petraeus! LOL! How can I not think of Rome after that? The Roman empire also believed in spreading their ideology through invasion, violence and threats as well except they thought that they were spreading civilization rather than democracy.
Bitware (OP)

View Profile
January 07, 2013, 04:28:17 PM

Prognosis

Cosponsors
    none

this.

Yeah real scary stuff reverting your constitution back to where it was for ~180 years before you right wing whack jobs got it changed. Just think if you had not fucked with it you could have had Saint Reagan for three or more terms perhaps preventing that crime against humanity of Slick Willy getting blown in the oval office.

Since George Washington there was an unwritten gentlemans rule/agreement that no President would serve more than two terms, until it was codified in law by the ratification of the 22nd amendment in 1951.

Term limits were a huge part of the discussion of the day back from colonial and all the way to modern times in America. Term limitations have been mainstays for thouands of years... even way back in the Roman and Greeks hierarchy.

I have no political affiliation or partisanship, but I am closest to a Libertarian, so your aggressive political paradigm rhetoric is meaningless.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: