Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:24:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What's above Legendary?  (Read 3182 times)
qwk
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 3411

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 09:13:04 PM

That would be a forum for somewhere on the order of 600 people, as far as I can tell.
Way too few to sustain a lively discussion, IMHO.
Not necessarily. This is just a subforum and I'm pretty sure that it would be quite active because of legionaries being a "special club" of sorts that looks down on the pawns. Besides, that section would keep getting new members as more activity cycles pass. I don't see a reason for which this idea should not be (at least) given a shot in the new forum.
Especially considering that many are inactive and also not necessarily all of us are fluent in English.
Even if we put the number of active and decent English speakers at around 300 it would be enough to sustain a section. There don't have to be hundreds of posts a day you know.
As I wrote before, the Donators'/VIPs' forum is practically dead, suggesting that "elitist" subforums don't really work.
But as a suggestion, why don't we simply try out?
Create a self-moderated thread where one of us simply deletes any and all posts by non-Legendaries? Cool

Yeah, well, I'm gonna go build my own blockchain. With blackjack and hookers! In fact forget the blockchain.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1007

hee-ho.

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 09:26:22 PM

since we're suggesting rank names. I vote for Sage.
as for the Legendary sub-forum. I'm very sure that it won't be very active because the lack of specific subjects to talk about. ofc there's no harm in making one.... probably.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2016, 09:41:57 PM

As I wrote before, the Donators'/VIPs' forum is practically dead, suggesting that "elitist" subforums don't really work.
I don't think that analogy is correct since the majority of Donators/VIPs are gone (are they not?).
Create a self-moderated thread where one of us simply deletes any and all posts by non-Legendaries? Cool
Well we could, but I don't see how a single thread could resemble a section. The only way to do that would be a thread in the off-topic section where legendaries could talk about anything. Even this can't really be compared to a section and I don't think that it would attract a lot of attention in that section (basically trash section).

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
sase007

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 09:45:45 PM

That would be a forum for somewhere on the order of 600 people, as far as I can tell.
Way too few to sustain a lively discussion, IMHO.
Not necessarily. This is just a subforum and I'm pretty sure that it would be quite active because of legionaries being a "special club" of sorts that looks down on the pawns. Besides, that section would keep getting new members as more activity cycles pass. I don't see a reason for which this idea should not be (at least) given a shot in the new forum.
Especially considering that many are inactive and also not necessarily all of us are fluent in English.
Even if we put the number of active and decent English speakers at around 300 it would be enough to sustain a section. There don't have to be hundreds of posts a day you know.

That would be opened to a lot of spam!

If someone found out the timezone of the person, they would wait until 12:00 and post on the thread, which would remain there for a long enough amount of time.

Example: If I posted on that thread, I would also receive payment from my signature campaign witin the time it took for you to delete my post!
since we're suggesting rank names. I vote for Sage.
as for the Legendary sub-forum. I'm very sure that it won't be very active because the lack of specific subjects to talk about. ofc there's no harm in making one.... probably.

This is also true, it would ahve to be put in the off topic forum and off topic replies are against forum rules. You would need an entire self-moderatedboard for this to work!
arbitrage

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 11:13:16 PM

Above legendary?
You can be promoted for moderator? Maybe staff?
Or if you are a great poster you can monetize your few years effort..
Also as trusted member you can always become escrow and enjoy.. Cheesy
qwk
Donator
Legendary

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 09:40:59 AM

I don't think that analogy is correct since the majority of Donators/VIPs are gone (are they not?).
That's right, quite a few of the VIPs spend time in jail or are in hiding Tongue
But isn't the same true for Legendaries? There's just so many that are no longer active.

Well we could, but I don't see how a single thread could resemble a section. The only way to do that would be a thread in the off-topic section where legendaries could talk about anything. Even this can't really be compared to a section and I don't think that it would attract a lot of attention in that section (basically trash section).
Sure, a thread is not a forum, but it could be a test, nonetheless. Like "Wall observer" for elitists Cool

If someone found out the timezone of the person, they would wait until 12:00 and post on the thread, which would remain there for a long enough amount of time.
It'd be easy to start the thread with a bot-account and have that bot do the administration automatically every 5 minutes or so.

Yeah, well, I'm gonna go build my own blockchain. With blackjack and hookers! In fact forget the blockchain.
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2016, 10:15:09 AM

That's right, quite a few of the VIPs spend time in jail or are in hiding Tongue
Let's hope that you do join them.  Tongue
But isn't the same true for Legendaries? There's just so many that are no longer active.
I don't think so. Initially I would have thought that this is the case, but a lot more people have been becoming legendaries (since the rank was introduced). According to the Members page there are 563 Legendary members now.

Sure, a thread is not a forum, but it could be a test, nonetheless. Like "Wall observer" for elitists Cool
Well the suggestion makes sense, albeit the thread would have to be in the off-topic section.

It'd be easy to start the thread with a bot-account and have that bot do the administration automatically every 5 minutes or so.
If you can provide the bot, we could work something out.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
qwk
Donator
Legendary

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 10:36:08 AM

If you can provide the bot, we could work something out.
I'll see what I can do over the weekend. I scripted an Auction-bot for bitcointalk a while ago, so it should not be too difficult.
I kind of like the idea of an elitist bot squishing newb postings Cool

dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2016, 11:22:03 AM

I'd still prefer a rework/uncapping/higher cap per day to the activity than just more tiers. Ie someone can be on 10k posts or 1k posts and have the same activity - it doesn't make sense.

Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2016, 12:58:29 PM

I'll see what I can do over the weekend. I scripted an Auction-bot for bitcointalk a while ago, so it should not be too difficult.
Once it is ready notify me. I can run it as I'm always logged in.

I'd still prefer a rework/uncapping/higher cap per day to the activity than just more tiers. Ie someone can be on 10k posts or 1k posts and have the same activity - it doesn't make sense.
Care to elaborate further? I'm not sure what you are trying to suggest here.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
tss

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 01:34:48 PM

im hoping to get there soon.  fingers crossed.  a while back it was discussed to have a section for certain level users, like apparently the mods have.

me personally, i know i wanted as a feature, to be able to discriminate against certain accounts from being able to reply to posts.  whether it be based on rank, trust, blacklist, or the presence of a sig.

someone stated then, that this sort of option, may be a feature in the long awaited new forum software.  only time will tell.
dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2016, 02:05:56 PM

Care to elaborate further? I'm not sure what you are trying to suggest here.

At the moment you only need 1 post per potential activity to turn it into activity. Or looking at it from the other way, you only get a maximum of 1 potential activity per day). Because the average person posts 5-10x as much as this, it means that "activity" isn't measuring any form of activeness, but just of how old the account is.

For example:
Account with 1500 potential activity and 1500 posts = 1500 activity
Account with 1000 potential activity and 50000 posts = 1000 activity

Is having an older account really a better metric when its capped at 1 potential activity a day?

Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2016, 02:10:32 PM

At the moment you only need 1 post per potential activity to turn it into activity. Or looking at it from the other way, you only get a maximum of 1 potential activity per day). Because the average person posts 5-10x as much as this, it means that "activity" isn't measuring any form of activeness, but just of how old the account is.

For example:

Is having an older account really a better metric when its capped at 1 potential activity a day?
Well your argument does make sense. Someone who has not used his account for a long time could easily jump-start the activity by posting. This is what I also dislike and this is what makes the metric invalid for me. What is your proposal exactly though?

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
twister (OP)

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2016, 02:13:40 PM

This discussion side tracked a little but I don't mind a special sub-forum for legendary members, I am sure I'll reach there some day, maybe allow Hero-Members there too for certain discussions, atleast people will post their opinion there without hiding behind newbie accounts.

Let's try a thread for legendary members only and call it "Land of Legends | No Trespassing" Cheesy

Wonder where you guys would make it though and what it will be about.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
  ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦   
0.8%-1% House Edge
[/
dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2016, 03:05:24 PM

For example:

Well your argument does make sense. Someone who has not used his account for a long time could easily jump-start the activity by posting. This is what I also dislike and this is what makes the metric invalid for me. What is your proposal exactly though?

The simplest fix which could be tried first is to increase the level of potential activity per day such that your number of posts actually becomes relavent. Ie 5-10x what it is now. Then you would inflate the level requirements by the same amount to prevent inflation.

Ie for accounts of the same age from the previous example:

Account with 7500 potential activity and 1500 posts = 1500 activity
Account with 5000 potential activity and 50000 posts = 5000 activity

qwk
Donator
Legendary

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 05:12:01 PM

Once it is ready notify me. I can run it as I'm always logged in.
I have a prototype running as a cronjob in the German forum.
If no-one complains over the next one or two days, I'll let you have it or set up a new "international" thread Wink

Lincoln6Echo
Legendary

Activity: 2459
Merit: 1057

Don't use bitcoin.de if you care about privacy!

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 05:38:11 PM

The rank above Legendary should be Super Saiyajin. Required activity?
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 06:02:02 PM

The rank above Legendary should be Super Saiyajin. Required activity?

i guess super legendary may be a good candidate, on a serious note i like Master as a new rank
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: