Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:57:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 80 »
  Print  
Author Topic: SUPERCOIN'S REVIVAL  (Read 115619 times)
fuze0000 (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Enjoying the ups & downs of Cryptocurrency!

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 01:12:04 AM

Anyone have an idea of the address of the Crypsy wallet ?

(and Mintpal for that matter)

https://www.walletexplorer.com/wallet/Cryptsy.com

https://www.walletexplorer.com/wallet/MintPal.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
shrimpdigger

Activity: 123
Merit: 10

NYC NYC NYC

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 06:47:01 AM
Last edit: February 08, 2016, 08:08:52 AM by shrimpdigger

Only 1 hour to go on cryptopia, we dropped to 3rd place but now back in the leed.   Lets do this!

https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Home/Voting

14min to go! and out in front by 36479 dot.... this is the home straight now...

Last Winner: Supercoin(SUPER) - 159980 DOT votes

Whoo Hoo.... We did it.... Good stuff... Gonna go celebrate this with supercold beer as its 40 degree in the shade today in Western Australia.....

Very Happy for the Super Community today, its a small step but its a good step forwards and hopefully towards getting listed on some of the other higher volume exchanges.
I hope to see ECC and MWC follow suit.....
goldmaxx

Activity: 894
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 08:00:33 AM

Why are you all so excited about Cryptopia?
It's a low volume exchange...
I can't see why this is so great for Super?

Regards

Goldmaxx

nfox

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2016, 09:45:27 AM

Is this REAL?  Shocked
Majormax
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2016, 11:42:26 AM

Only 1 hour to go on cryptopia, we dropped to 3rd place but now back in the leed.   Lets do this!

Whoo Hoo.... We did it.... Good stuff... Gonna go celebrate this with supercold beer as its 40 degree in the shade today in Western Australia.....

Very Happy for the Super Community today, its a small step but its a good step forwards and hopefully towards getting listed on some of the other higher volume exchanges.

Great work ...  The Supercoin community must be larger than expected !  The wallet and blockchain is fast and smooth, so that will keep holders interested.
Majormax
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2016, 11:43:32 AM

Question on the IPO :

How will that take place: an open offer on an exchange ?  Where will the coins come from ?
pro-investor

Activity: 229
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 11:59:03 AM

Question on the IPO :

How will that take place: an open offer on an exchange ?  Where will the coins come from ?

IPO? I don't think there is an IPO. We want Super to have an exchange again so we can trade....thats what I understand of it
fuze0000 (OP)

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 12:59:18 PM

Team SUPERCOIN! As long as everything goes correctly Supercoin will be on yobit.com before the end of the week!  Crack open those wallets and continue minting!
fuze0000 (OP)

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 01:07:48 PM

Is this REAL?  Shocked
Yes it is real!  The goal is to provide the much needed PR.  The tech works!  It just need some minor changes such as a faster boot time and a conf.file that installs all by its self. 20 second transaction with Supersend which is still anonymous with multisignature! Probably more anonymous than Dash!  We want to be critique so we can finally prove to the cryptocurrency world how amazing and efficient Supercoin can be!
Slasher

Activity: 688
Merit: 611

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 01:28:50 PM

fuze0000, you contacted Poloniex to add SUPER? I remember in 2014 there were some problems in this regard , but they have not been able to clearly explain why not.
pro-investor

Activity: 229
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 03:57:57 PM

Team SUPERCOIN! As long as everything goes correctly Supercoin will be on yobit.com before the end of the week!  Crack open those wallets and continue minting!

I hope you are right but I am syncing the wallet for 5 days now, I have 20 connections, and still only have downloaded the blockchain until september. I have a 300MB Internet connection so that is not the point.

Yobit and Cryptopia will have to download that same blockchain, just like anybody else before they can open the exchange for Super. There needs to be a bootrap or a complete blockchain for download because this will harm Super.
goldmaxx

Activity: 894

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 04:10:56 PM

You want a revival?
Focus 100% on the Chinese market.
The Chinese will love Super (catchy name, anon,good POS,...)
All you need is a dedicated Chinese speaking PR guy and a Chinese website...
Look what they did with Earthcoin for example, this coin was dead a few months ago.

Regards

Goldmaxx

Griffith
Legendary

Activity: 1400

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 04:20:00 PM

fuze0000, you contacted Poloniex to add SUPER? I remember in 2014 there were some problems in this regard , but they have not been able to clearly explain why not.

i already did this
fuze0000 (OP)

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 05:05:10 PM

Poloniex did have issues with SUPER back in 2014. Poloniex believed Supercoin was a scam once upon a time.  I am not sure why. I haven't not contacted them as of yet.  I can today!  The main issue is to get poloniex to add supercoin is for them to believe that Supercoin doesn't need them.
If multiple exchanges add supercoin and the exchanges volumes are going well Poloniex will add Supercoin just to make some more profit.
CoinMin3r

Activity: 520

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 05:28:29 PM

I would still say that we first need a super stable and easy to use wallet, so whoever is interested can get it.
Then it would be good to be on some decent exchange like bittrex.
And then get some attention.
Or else it seems like a waste of time and effort - getting attention, so everyone can say that its not working.

I hope you are right but I am syncing the wallet for 5 days now, I have 20 connections, and still only have downloaded the blockchain until september. I have a 300MB Internet connection so that is not the point.

Yobit and Cryptopia will have to download that same blockchain, just like anybody else before they can open the exchange for Super. There needs to be a bootrap or a complete blockchain for download because this will harm Super.

Yup. its always good to sync from bootstrap for faster syncing rather than waiting a long tedious time. I hope somebody can upload bootstrap for SUPER.
fuze0000 (OP)

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 06:26:40 PM

i already did this

Thanks Griffith!

I would still say that we first need a super stable and easy to use wallet, so whoever is interested can get it.
Then it would be good to be on some decent exchange like bittrex.
And then get some attention.
Or else it seems like a waste of time and effort - getting attention, so everyone can say that its not working.

Yup. its always good to sync from bootstrap for faster syncing rather than waiting a long tedious time. I hope somebody can upload bootstrap for SUPER.

Is this possible Griffith?
fuze0000 (OP)

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 06:41:09 PM

Source: http://altcoinherald.com/supercoin-bounces-back-busonis-kryptonite-move

Look, up in the sky…it’s a bird…it’s a plane…

Okay, let’s not get out of hand here. SuperCoin hasn’t done much to save the world and it’s clearly not bulletproof. Still, the price has firmed up nicely in the past few days after being backstabbed and submarined by ‘Busoni,’ the Boy King of Poloniex.

I don’t actually know how old ‘Busoni’ is, but after his actions regarding SuperCoin it’s not hard to imagine he’s still wet behind the ears.

For those who don’t know what went down, I’ll summarize. SuperCoin won the voting to be included on Poloniex (what an honor!) Instead of playing his role and facilitating trade for SUPER Busoni instead decided to reject their inclusion and make this antagonistic public post:

“MAX_MONEY is pretty much what it sounds like. This means that the actual maximum supply of SuperCoin is 150 million, not 50 million. Furthermore, the maximum PoW coins is 50 million, rather than the claimed 18.2 million. The 150 million number appears twice in the code, so it can hardly be considered an accident.

We did not find evidence of an existing hidden premine, but extra coins could potentially be minted all at once at the end of the PoW phase, sent to exchanges via the “anon” feature, and dumped.

We have other concerns about the coin, particularly concerning the proposed method of anonymity, but the shenanigans with the maximum supply is sufficient for us to reject this coin.”

For the first time in Altcoin History (and in the history of Poloniex) he decided to check the code and reject an inclusion AFTER his customers voted for the coin. Actually, he admitted later he didn’t check the code, but you get the idea.
Busoni ‘Busts’ SuperCoin But Doesn’t Provide Proof

The big problem with the post was he didn’t actually catch SuperCoin doing anything wrong that should have precluded them from being listed on his exchange. In general, altcoin exchanges should be HAPPY to list altcoins. After all, trading fees are how they earn their money. Wouldn’t it make more sense to do all you can to work to work with a coin Dev to make sure that trading can be handled in a smooth manner. We’ve seen plenty of examples in recent days that show this is not the case. Altcoin exchanges are happy to accept the fees, but will not expend even ONE IOTA of energy to communicate with coin teams or to protect investors from scams.

Oh, you’re probably thinking…”but that’s exactly what Busoni was doing here“. As part of his self-proclaimed effort to ‘raise the bar‘ for shitcoins he’s now reviewing the code to make sure he doesn’t get taken advantage of. Sounds great, in theory. If there actually was a transparent process of review that included appeals and arbitration maybe that would be the case.
However, with a dictatorship that’s not possible. In the current era, what ‘Busoni’ the unknown man says goes. His word is law and if you don’t like it you can always trade at one of the other 42 altcoin exchanges in existence.

In reality, that’s probably what people should consider doing after this latest debacle.
Standards Will Go Up Soon Enough, Anyway

Whether the current crowd of altcoin exchanges can push the bar higher (right now it’s below sea level) is doubtful. However, in the next few years if trading volume continues to climb it will happen anyway. A natural process of thinning the herd will occur, but even more important, a new breed of venture-capital backed exchanges will rise to take over from the current crop.

This is a traditional and normal part of any new industry. At first hobbyists supply most of the services. As the money increases, venture capitalists who are hungering for new opportunities, put big money into companies that are designed to take over. These services are generally very transparent, reliable, and much less prone to misdeeds. They’re also fully compliant with laws, which is going to be a bigger deal as regulatory agencies clamor to get their piece of the growing cryptocurrency pie.

We can forgive Busoni for his error with the code. After all, he’s just learning. He was a newbie to BitCoinTalk on August 14, 2013, when he wrote:

“Here is genuine noob question, but I haven’t been able to find the answer on my own.

In Sunny’s paper, it says that the origin prime for a given block must be divisible by the previous block’s hash.

But block hashes have letters in them. How do you get a number you can actually divide?”

He’s had quite a rise from ‘noob‘ as he called himself to Owner in less than a year. We can expect many more mistakes from him as part of his ongoing learning process (since he’s learning on the job). The key is to make sure WE don’t lose money because of them. As always, be SUPER careful of trading in new altcoins, especially if you’re basing the ‘price rise’ on the actions of a third party. As evidenced here, ANYTHING can happen with an altcoin and most of it is bad news for people who are holding!

We’ll keep our eyes peeled for more developments. The team behind SUPER has moved on and the price of the coin has rallied a bit. The damage has been done, but it won’t stop a dedicated team or community from pressing forward.

Source: http://altcoinherald.com/supercoin-bounces-back-busonis-kryptonite-move

Griffith
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 08:53:19 PM
Last edit: February 08, 2016, 09:18:50 PM by Griffith

yup, possible. i kinda wanna redo a website though... webdev time.

fun fact, bunsoni was wrong. there is no max coin amount for supercoin,

i just noticed it now that i look at it because of that previous post

MAX_MONEY has nothing to do with the max amount of coins. lol. its just the max you can send in 1 tx and because of that is used to invalidate a block in a few other scenarios

just to humor everyone, ill post why.

if we compare bitcoin to supercoin.

BITCOIN:
in bitcoin you have this function to determine how many coins a block produces:

CAmount GetBlockSubsidy(int nHeight, const Consensus::Params& consensusParams)
{
    int halvings = nHeight / consensusParams.nSubsidyHalvingInterval;
    // Force block reward to zero when right shift is undefined.
    if (halvings >= 64)
        return 0;

CAmount nSubsidy = 50 * COIN;
    // Subsidy is cut in half every 210,000 blocks which will occur approximately every 4 years.
    nSubsidy >>= halvings;
    return nSubsidy;
}

which can be found at line 1360 in main.cpp at time of posting.

the line for int halvings is nHeight / nSubsidyHavlingInterval; if this number is over 64 then the blocks subsidy is 0 meaning 0 coins will be added to the current coin amount and only fees from txs will be reput into blocks.

the value of nSubsidyHalvingInterval can be found in line 73 of chainparams.cpp to be 210000;

all in all this means if the height of the chain is greater than (64 * 210000) then a block will never add more coins to the network it will only recycle fees.

SUPERCOIN:

Now lets compare this to supercoins code. we are currently in PoS so the function to determine the next blocks value is as follows

static const int YEARLY_POS_BLOCK_COUNT = 1576800;

int64_t GetProofOfStakeReward(int64_t nCoinAge, const CBlockIndex* pindex)
{
    int64_t nRewardCoinYear = MAX_PROOF_OF_STAKE_STABLE;
   int nPoSHeight = GetPosHeight(pindex);
   int nPoWHeight = pindex->nHeight - nPoSHeight;
   int64_t nSubsidy = 0;

if(nPoSHeight < YEARLY_POS_BLOCK_COUNT)   
   {
      nSubsidy = 100 * nRewardCoinYear * nCoinAge / 365;

uint256 hash = pindex->GetBlockHash();
      std::string cseed_str = hash.ToString().substr(13,7);
      const char* cseed = cseed_str.c_str();
      long seed = hex2long(cseed);
      int random = GenerateMTRandom(seed, 10000000);

int64_t delta = nCoinAge;
      if(nPoWHeight < 19200)
      {
         delta = delta * 19200 / nPoWHeight;
      }

if(delta > 3000000)
         delta = 3000000;

int lowerLimit = 5000000 - delta;
      int upperLimit = 5000000 + delta;

if(lowerLimit < 0)
         lowerLimit = 0;

if(upperLimit > 10000000)
         upperLimit = 10000000;

// printf(">> random = %d, lowerLimit = %d, upperLimit = %d, nPoWHeight = %d\n",
      //    random, lowerLimit, upperLimit, nPoWHeight);

if(random >= lowerLimit && random <= upperLimit)
      {
         printf(">> Got Super-PoS-Block...yay!\n");
         nSubsidy += 1024 * COIN;
      }
   }
   else if(nPoSHeight < 2 * YEARLY_POS_BLOCK_COUNT)   
   {
      nSubsidy = 50 * nRewardCoinYear * nCoinAge / 365;
   }
   else    
   {
      nSubsidy = nRewardCoinYear * nCoinAge / 365;
   }

PDV = nSubsidy;
   return nSubsidy;
}

which can be found at line 1122 in main.cpp of supercoins code. as you can see the last else statement is this

if the block is not less than 2 * YEARLY_POS_BLOCK_COUNT

then each block mints this  nRewardCoinYear * nCoinAge / 365;

at no point does it stop minting, meaning at no point does Supercoin hit a max coin count.

i have a feeling at some point someone is gunna call me stupid and ask why arent all coins breaking then, and at which point i will say. they will over time. a good solid example of this is 42 coin which was advertised as having a max of 42 coins and the MAX_MONEY was 42, but they never fixed the minting of the coins. which is why right now there are currently 66 of the  42coins. and 66 > 42, duh. the coin is now broken since the person who cloned it didnt actually care and never fixed/updated the code.
fuze0000 (OP)

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 09:13:35 PM

MAX_MONEY has nothing to do with the max amount of coins. lol. its just the max you can send in 1 tx and because of that is used to invalidate a block in a few other scenarios

Thanks for clarifying!  It is always nice to hear this from a Dev!

Website for Supercoin or for Supercoin, Multiwalletcoin, and Ecc?

When do you plan on starting the development of the website?

How long is the website development process from start to completion?

How long would the process take to have a bootstrap for Supercoin's blockchain once it has been started by you?  I am trying get a rough deadline.  No rush but a lack of detailed information is the last thing the Supercoin community needs. 
Griffith
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 09:19:24 PM

Thanks for clarifying!  It is always nice to hear this from a Dev!

Website for Supercoin or for Supercoin, Multiwalletcoin, and Ecc?

When do you plan on starting the development of the website?

How long is the website development process from start to completion?

How long would the process take to have a bootstrap for Supercoin's blockchain once it has been started by you?  I am trying get a rough deadline.  No rush but a lack of detailed information is the last thing the Supercoin community needs.  

read the post above, i added a lot more explaination.

here is link https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1351548.msg13819002#msg13819002

me and my roommate together can knock out a whole website in a few hours. i need to buy a domain or two and i can start. i havent decided on how to do coins to a website, idk if toghether or separate is better. would like input on that. together is easier to manage. but people seem to like the separate route a lot better for some reason.

a bootstrap can actually be taken in a few minutes. it just needs to be hosted as well.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 80 »
  Print  

Jump to: