Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 05:11:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 80 »
  Print  
Author Topic: SUPERCOIN'S REVIVAL  (Read 115622 times)
pro-investor

Activity: 229
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 09:44:22 PM

a bootstrap can actually be taken in a few minutes. it just needs to be hosted as well.

Is the Super wallet ready for a bootstrap.dat file? Will it read that file and if so why is it never used before?
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Griffith
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 09:58:36 PM

a bootstrap can actually be taken in a few minutes. it just needs to be hosted as well.

Is the Super wallet ready for a bootstrap.dat file? Will it read that file and if so why is it never used before?

Yes its ready and it was never used before because the chain used to be small enough so one was not needed because it would sync fast enough
pro-investor

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 10:10:51 PM

Yes its ready and it was never used before because the chain used to be small enough so one was not needed because it would sync fast enough

Great, so you can make the bootstrap.dat file then upload it to dropbox or any other file hosting so that it can be downloaded and placed in the supercoin map where also the wallet.dat file is. Then start the wallet and let the wallet do the rest.
Griffith
Legendary

Activity: 1400

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 11:17:25 PM

Great, so you can make the bootstrap.dat file then upload it to dropbox or any other file hosting so that it can be downloaded and placed in the supercoin map where also the wallet.dat file is. Then start the wallet and let the wallet do the rest.

yeah i will do that shortly. also someone addressed that we need a bootstrap for the exchanges, i know from past experience that exchanges dont use bootstraps, they sync from scratch for security reasons

Activity: 355
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 01:35:42 AM

When was the IPO added?, the IPO invalidates the coin from Cryptopia

▄███████▄
                      ███████████
                     █████████████
          ▄████████▄  ███████████
         ████████████  ▀███████▀
        ██████████████
         ████████████  ▄████████▄
          ▀████████▀  ████████████
                     ██████████████
                      ████████████
                       ▀████████▀
Cryptopia..██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.★★★ Cryptocurrency Platform Services ★★★ 
...Exchange | Mineshaft |  Marketplace | Rewards | CoinInfo 
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.f. ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
████████████████████████████████████████
█████████▀████████████▀▀▀▀▀██▀██████████
█████████  ▀████████          ▀█████████
██████████    ▀▀████          ██████████
█████████▀▀                  ███████████
██████████                  ▄███████████
███████████▀               ▄████████████
████████████▄▄▄           ▄█████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀         ▄▄████████████████
███████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████████████
 ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
       ███  ██
       ███  ██
  ██████████████
  ████████████████▄
  ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀███████
     █████     ██████
     █████▄▄▄▄█████▀
     ████████████████
     █████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
     █████      ██████
     █████▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
  ███████████████████
  ██████████████
       ███  ██
       ███  ██
Majormax
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2016, 02:14:31 AM

There was never an IPO.  

The reference to mini IPO in the OP is probably a misnomer...needs clarification however. These coins would either come from existing holdings, or from PoW mined coins. It has not happened yet, and I would guess the development would need a normal fork at some point (ie just new wallet software needed for the average user).

Perhaps someone can give us more ideas on that.

Activity: 355
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 02:21:25 AM

There was never an IPO.  

The reference to mini IPO in the OP is probably a misnomer...needs clarification however. These coins would either come from existing holdings, or from PoW mined coins. It has not happened yet, and I would guess the development would need a normal fork at some point (ie just new wallet software needed for the average user).

"PREMINE
5% or 2.5 millions SUPER will be used for mini-IPO"

This ANN also mentions a 5% Pre-mine which I can't find reference to on the old ANN, is this a fork or something, what am I missing.

▄███████▄
                      ███████████
                     █████████████
          ▄████████▄  ███████████
         ████████████  ▀███████▀
        ██████████████
         ████████████  ▄████████▄
          ▀████████▀  ████████████
                     ██████████████
                      ████████████
                       ▀████████▀
Cryptopia..██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.★★★ Cryptocurrency Platform Services ★★★ 
...Exchange | Mineshaft |  Marketplace | Rewards | CoinInfo 
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.f. ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
█████████▀████████████▀▀▀▀▀██▀██████████
█████████  ▀████████          ▀█████████
██████████    ▀▀████          ██████████
█████████▀▀                  ███████████
██████████                  ▄███████████
███████████▀               ▄████████████
████████████▄▄▄           ▄█████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀         ▄▄████████████████
███████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████████████
 ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
       ███  ██
       ███  ██
  ██████████████
  ████████████████▄
  ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀███████
     █████     ██████
     █████▄▄▄▄█████▀
     ████████████████
     █████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
     █████      ██████
     █████▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
  ███████████████████
  ██████████████
       ███  ██
       ███  ██
digi123

Activity: 236

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 06:19:28 AM

Hello Griffith,

Could you please state the exact coin roll out plan that is coded into this coin in simple terms.
When the POS changes occur and expected coins over time. Or however it is related.

I previously thought that there was always a limited amount of coins.
I also thought that the POS rewards diminished over time, although I'm not sure on the rules for this.

Maybe we need to refine the code to minimize the amounts of coins produced over time.

It is pointless having an unlimited amount of coins as this will always make them worthless.

Thanks

Majormax
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2016, 08:17:00 AM

Hello Griffith,

Could you please state the exact coin roll out plan that is coded into this coin in simple terms.
When the POS changes occur and expected coins over time. Or however it is related.

I previously thought that there was always a limited amount of coins.
I also thought that the POS rewards diminished over time, although I'm not sure on the rules for this.

Maybe we need to refine the code to minimize the amounts of coins produced over time.

It is pointless having an unlimited amount of coins as this will always make them worthless.

Thanks

IMO an unlimited number of coins is a positive factor for distribution. The actual number is limited by time and it takes years to get a large increase.

PoS rewards do decrease in time.
meyer

Activity: 523
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 08:55:10 AM

maybe not the most urgent thing:
But do we have a paperwallet? ... I´d like to store some super safe since I lost some at cryptsy

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
EUROPECOIN ERC  BITTREX  BLEUTRADE  EUROPECOIN WEB  TWITTER  QUICKFACTS  CLOUDSTAKING  NSA
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

pro-investor

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 08:57:37 AM

But do we have a paperwallet? ... I´d like to store some super safe since I lost some at cryptsy

What is wrong with a wallet on your computer or your wallet.dat on a USB stick?
pro-investor

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 09:01:39 AM

yeah i will do that shortly. also someone addressed that we need a bootstrap for the exchanges, i know from past experience that exchanges dont use bootstraps, they sync from scratch for security reasons

So....Huh? Where can we download the bootstrap.dat file? Your reputation of doing things soon or in a few minutes isn't the most trustworthy
meyer

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 09:11:19 AM

sure... much better than an exchange. But offline is even better. But as I said: at the moment not the most importent thing to do

EUROPECOIN ERC  BITTREX  BLEUTRADE  EUROPECOIN WEB  TWITTER  QUICKFACTS  CLOUDSTAKING  NSA

goldmaxx

Activity: 894

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 11:09:17 AM

sure... much better than an exchange. But offline is even better. But as I said: at the moment not the most importent thing to do

I keep my most important investments on a usb stick.
Just cut/paste the wallet.dat to a usb stick and keep it somewhere safe...
If you need to acces your funds again, just copy/paste the wallet.dat file from your USB to the files folder on your computer.
Easy and safe...

regards

Goldmaxx

PS: For large investments, I always make at least two copies on two differtent USB sticks in case something happens to one of them.

jakiman
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1011

jakiman is back!

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 12:41:33 PM
Last edit: February 09, 2016, 12:54:03 PM by jakiman

There was never an IPO.  

I can confirm that at the very beginning of Supercoin, there was an IPO. I remember as I mined Supercoin from day 1.
Surely all IPO would have been dumped back in 2014 though considering it went up to 18k sat at MintPal! Nice pump.

BTW, it was also hard forked during the PoW phase to shorten the PoW to stop multipool from constantly dumping on the exchange.
Supercointeam & dev were against it but later did what community wanted. In hindsight, I think it was best left alone.  Embarrassed

Supercoindev was one heck of a dev and was pretty much the first coin dev to make a fully working multisig-based anon-transfer.
We discussed about Phase 3 over PM and supercointeam were planning to make a decentralized exchange based on multisig anon.
But Supercointeam & dev were attacked by Poloniex and XC users heaps. So they had enough of it and left. I don't blame them!

meyer

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 01:08:25 PM

I keep my most important investments on a usb stick.
Just cut/paste the wallet.dat to a usb stick and keep it somewhere safe...
If you need to acces your funds again, just copy/paste the wallet.dat file from your USB to the files folder on your computer.
Easy and safe...

regards

Goldmaxx

PS: For large investments, I always make at least two copies on two differtent USB sticks in case something happens to one of them.

thx.... i will do the same

fuze0000 (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Enjoying the ups & downs of Cryptocurrency!

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 02:07:49 PM

I need these question to be answered before I start the process to adding Supercoin to https://yobit.net/en/addcoin/
Number of blocks?
Min commission?    
Block time?

Thanks in advance!
mdtspain
Legendary

Activity: 1076
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 02:25:03 PM

Cryptopia rejected Supercoin .... reason:  Supercoin(SUPER) -IPO & Premine
pro-investor

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 02:28:55 PM

That is BS.... That IPO and Prermine was nearly 2 years ago when the old devs where there. This is NOT a new coin, this is the community fighting for their coin
mdtspain
Legendary

Activity: 1076
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 02:33:00 PM

That is BS.... That IPO and Prermine was nearly 2 years ago when the old devs where there. This is NOT a new coin, this is the community fighting for their coin

True but doesn't change the fact that you have to life with the past. There WAS a IPO and premine and if Cryptopia would let Super to be listed then their policy needs to change
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 80 »
  Print  

Jump to: