Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:04:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 »
  Print  
Author Topic: SUPERCOIN'S REVIVAL  (Read 115619 times)
Griffith
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 06:22:19 AM

keep going with the discussion, but it seems more people just want it to stay separated.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
CoinMin3r

Activity: 520
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 07:23:08 AM

It's really up to the devs but if I had any say in it, I would be strongly against merging SUPER with anything else.
If coin specs gets changed that significantly, it might as well be renamed as it's no longer the original SUPER. Sad
keep going with the discussion, but it seems more people just want it to stay separated.

Exactly it must operate separately. You had always listened to the community & I hope you will listen this time too. Actually it all started (swapping to new chain) to make SUPER again SUPER.So the question is: Will merging with other make it advanced? Definitely not.So let them operate independently & separately.
Thanks

Neat idea would be to run Supercoin through a block explorer and log all balances (besides dust), nullify the chain by changing pchMessage bytes, change block value for block 1 to a suitable amount which could encompass total values of addresses that we've logged, relaunch chain and then distribute on block 2.

Other variables could be changed to reflect current state of coin including block reward etc.

This way everyone can just dump their existing addresses via dumpprivkey; move to new wallet, reimport the keys and everything should be (relatively) as it was. Except the wallet isn't chugging through 2,000,000 blocks to sync; or verify when a new key is added.

About 4 hours work.
Note - I do not hold any SUPER; someone has approached me asking how this coin could be made 'SUPER' again.

barrystyle
Griffith
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 08:23:22 AM

It's really up to the devs but if I had any say in it, I would be strongly against merging SUPER with anything else.
If coin specs gets changed that significantly, it might as well be renamed as it's no longer the original SUPER. Sad

Exactly it must operate separately. You had always listened to the community & I hope you will listen this time too. Actually it all started (swapping to new chain) to make SUPER again SUPER.So the question is: Will merging with other make it advanced? Definitely not.So let them operate independently & separately.
Thanks

dont worry, listening to all opinions. depending on how my test with ECC goes tomorrow (if you dont have the wallet it is incredibly slow to open and to sync and has been for a long time) could have some news for other stuff as well
mdtspain
Legendary

Activity: 1076
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 08:42:41 AM
Last edit: August 03, 2016, 08:56:37 AM by mdtspain

Thanks

It would make it way more advanced if this cross chain would be usable (and I think it is) for sending and receiving "foreign coins" in to the wallet. If that is the case with the cross-chain implantation then it's a must to do it or just test it.

If the Super guys are against it then test it with MWC because it would make the wallet the most important of them all ....think of it as 1 wallet for all...MultiWallet  Wink
Sending cross-chain will also open the way for development of a peer to peer exchange. With the wallet being the single piece of software to send and receive and trade any coin.

I can see the bigger picture....and appreciate all the work Barry is doing
barrysty1e

Activity: 636
Merit: 516

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2016, 11:40:33 AM

hey guys,

apologies for the inconsistent replies so far; work, breathing, lying down - it all seems too much these days.
griffith did contact me a little while back and i did want to state - super won't be merging, however the crosschain mechanism will allow coins to jump to new chain without much fuss.
i've been toying with the name 'supercoinplus' (as thats what my devclient is called)..

however, who knows.. in the future other coins could be 'encouraged' to jump chains.. h0h0

james

my father wears sneakers in the pool
Griffith
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 07:41:42 PM

Thanks

It would make it way more advanced if this cross chain would be usable (and I think it is) for sending and receiving "foreign coins" in to the wallet. If that is the case with the cross-chain implantation then it's a must to do it or just test it.

If the Super guys are against it then test it with MWC because it would make the wallet the most important of them all ....think of it as 1 wallet for all...MultiWallet  Wink
Sending cross-chain will also open the way for development of a peer to peer exchange. With the wallet being the single piece of software to send and receive and trade any coin.

with the cross chain, its not all coins in one wallet. its works by sending MWC to an invalid address, and then the new chain picks it up. it eliminates all the coins that send to the new chain and you only end up with the new coin. its not a multiwallet, its a merger into one new coin

edit:

so for example, if the new chain is supercoinplus

and MWC and SUPER can send to it.

the MWC and SUPER chains disappear and both become supercoinplus. its basically an automatic coin swap
mdtspain
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 09:36:40 PM

Thanks

with the cross chain, its not all coins in one wallet. its works by sending MWC to an invalid address, and then the new chain picks it up. it eliminates all the coins that send to the new chain and you only end up with the new coin. its not a multiwallet, its a merger into one new coin

edit:

so for example, if the new chain is supercoinplus

and MWC and SUPER can send to it.

the MWC and SUPER chains disappear and both become supercoinplus. its basically an automatic coin swap

Ok, thanks for explaining
auden

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 04, 2016, 07:17:18 PM

HOW DOES POS WORK AFTER THE 50 MILLION COINS HAVE BEEN MINED?

SOMEONE PLEASE PROVIDE A DETAILED EXPLANATION - THANKS!
TvZ

Activity: 315
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 02:33:19 AM

Supercoin will cap at 50 million coins and after 4 years will be forever stuck at 5% PoS

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1351548.msg14010844#msg14010844

Wink
Griffith
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 08:37:08 AM

HOW DOES POS WORK AFTER THE 50 MILLION COINS HAVE BEEN MINED?

SOMEONE PLEASE PROVIDE A DETAILED EXPLANATION - THANKS!

it works as normal, just instead of new coins being minted, you are only given fees from that block. if no transactions are sent in that block to generate fees, you are given 0
Sjacmur

Activity: 882

View Profile
August 06, 2016, 02:42:54 PM
Last edit: August 06, 2016, 03:00:17 PM by Sjacmur

HI.
I am from begining with Multiwallet coin old time ago.
Wallet this coin (I mean MWC) was promising have 3 coins inside to trade them: ECC, MWC, SUPER I read for $ or one coin for other coin example ecc vs super or mwc depend from price each one.

I regeistered only on Bittrex and they dont have Ecc & Super but have MWC. Very small markets had ecc/super that days and now too. I was not interested ECC because this coins was crazy number coins like dogecoin its no have any serious value.
So I am bought many MWC because I wanted have wallet with 3 coins to trade and I expected some profit ofc.
I know is MWC is other coin than Super but MWC wallet was supposed to contain inside yours SUPER coins.
I was thinking its dont matter which coins I have because I can switch some my MWC to Super without buying supercoin on other markets because this 3 coins was developing in one Topic on bitcointalk by 2 Devs and "multiwallet" was in developing. Now for Supercoin is separated topic and other coins dont matter ?
Now bittrex delisted MWC coin and some people want have only super coin because they bought and have supercoin and dont care about Multiwallet.
I dont want lose all my bought MWC because Dev (Griffith) stop working on multiwallet or change/have new idea project name to "cryptobank" (?) or focus on Supercoin only.

If its possible I no want be abandon with my MWC and I can swap my MWC to Super If only Super is now continued with developing ...

I hope you understund my problems only because I cant buy Supercoin on normal big markets like bittrex so I bought in exchange MWC because promised wallet was including trading/switching coins to coins so finally I decided which coin I want.
So I will happy if Griffith take MWC coins to new blockchain with Supercoin together.

PS. sorry for bad english.
shrimpdigger

Activity: 123
Merit: 10

NYC NYC NYC

View Profile
August 06, 2016, 08:37:47 PM
Last edit: August 06, 2016, 08:53:48 PM by shrimpdigger

I was not interested ECC because this coins was crazy number coins like dogecoin its no have any serious value.

So I will happy if Griffith take MWC coins to new blockchain with Supercoin together.

PS. sorry for bad english.

How much does a coin need to be worth untill its defined as having serious value?   Last time I checked 1btc was still worth 1btc.
How can these 2 even be compared. Lets rebrand ecc with a cute little bear , so it can fly up the charts on pure chinese driven hype.

Dogecoin has 105,487,787,954 coins, has seen 395btc volume last 24hrs which gives it a total market cap of $24.2mill USD.     
Ecc has 20,091,000 coins, $2volume, & has a marketcap of $77000.

MWC. its best hope is in with super.

kiklo
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 12:09:54 AM

Problem is this ,

MWC Community basically let it die ,
the community did not keep an exchange , they did not even keep the MWC network running.
They did not even bother to start a separate thread focusing on MWC.
There is not even a working block explorer for MWC.

The Super Community split off from the 3 coins to save itself and has the highest price per coin.

Griffith is keeping ECC going by force of will alone and maintaining active nodes for it.  Smiley
But it also has an exchange and even someone with a Buy order at 1 dogeshi that could buy the entire ECC marketcap.
So there is some community support for it.

Plus ECC & Super are not being merged and are starting to grow into stronger individual coins.

However the consensus , is that Super or ECC communities will agree with the Devs decisions on any mergers.
So the final call is theirs. But the fact that MWC basically has 0 value, with no marketcap info makes it impossible to give it a valuation to include in a swap, which means if it is, let's be honest it is pretty much charity for dead coin owners that did not provide any support to keep it alive.   Tongue

Cool
mdtspain
Legendary

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 08:42:53 AM

Problem is this ,

MWC Community basically let it die ,
the community did not keep an exchange , they did not even keep the MWC network running.
They did not even bother to start a separate thread focusing on MWC.
There is not even a working block explorer for MWC.

The Super Community split off from the 3 coins to save itself and has the highest price per coin.

Griffith is keeping ECC going by force of will alone and maintaining active nodes for it.  Smiley
But it also has an exchange and even someone with a Buy order at 1 dogeshi that could buy the entire ECC marketcap.
So there is some community support for it.

Plus ECC & Super are not being merged and are starting to grow into stronger individual coins.

However the consensus , is that Super or ECC communities will agree with the Devs decisions on any mergers.
So the final call is theirs. But the fact that MWC basically has 0 value, with no marketcap info makes it impossible to give it a valuation to include in a swap, which means if it is, let's be honest it is pretty much charity for dead coin owners that did not provide any support to keep it alive.   Tongue

Cool

It's true what you say that the community of MWC let the Coin be delisted from Bittrex.....The Super community did the same.
The MWC network is running and working fine as always....Super doesn't it still has problems (Yobitt has it in maintenance mode for several months now)
A separate forum and a block explorer can be solved in a second.

About the highest price and money supply..... The price for SUPER is about 30 SAT at the moment and NO buy orders. The money supply for SUPER is 39.39 Million and growing fast,  the money supply for MWC is 27.5 Million.

So for MWC the thing is to get a block explorer and then get it listed on any exchange like Kiklo already pointed out: https://novaexchange.com/addcoin/.
Sjacmur

Activity: 882

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 09:02:21 AM

Bittrex not show danger de-listed MWC and last time make "wallet maitenance" and after this maitenance without warning removing MWC from market. Was possible only withraw coins to wallets.
If I remember good MWC was worth 50-100 satoshi for coin before removing. And I dont know it be removing I was can make some volumen my own coins but I dont know about danger de-listed.
kiklo
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 09:06:21 AM

It's true what you say that the community of MWC let the Coin be delisted from Bittrex.....The Super community did the same.
The MWC network is running and working fine as always....Super doesn't it still has problems (Yobitt has it in maintenance mode for several months now)
A separate forum and a block explorer can be solved in a second.

About the highest price and money supply..... The price for SUPER is about 30 SAT at the moment and NO buy orders. The money supply for SUPER is 39.39 Million and growing fast,  the money supply for MWC is 27.5 Million.

So for MWC the thing is to get a block explorer and then get it listed on any exchange like Kiklo already pointed out: https://novaexchange.com/addcoin/.

Lowest Price Block Explorer would be http://cryptoguru.tk for 0.01 BTC/month ,
Contact GrinZ at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=188159
Along with the Github Source Code,

Create a MWC Community Forum , to give them a meeting place all of their own
Then get listed on Nova Exchange,
Then you have a block explorer and 3 Markets , because they do BTC, LTC & Doge.
Next Step is to Request CoinMarket Cap Add MWC back to their reporting
Go here to request https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf0f95sPIlakbvT0AKXvJpwboNWwQjAj9ZiSdCiqpXcKmumzw/viewform
And if they have not added it within 10 days , post in their forum here as a 2nd request
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=199685.0

Oh and when you create the MWC forum be sure to add links to Github and the explorer and Wallet Downloads

Hell , if you do all that you Bring MWC Back to LifeSmiley
Once you get the wallet downloads out, I will setup a BlockChain Snapshot for MWC.

Post the MWC forum link here and Griffith's Thread so MWC users know where to go for MWC specific News.

Once all this gets done, I will probably buy some MWC myself.  Smiley

Cool
pro-investor

Activity: 229
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 10:50:54 AM

Active connections with ECC Wallet is over 18 .
Looking Good!

That is way better than Super even the volume is better
gregofdoom
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1006

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 11:05:53 AM
Last edit: August 07, 2016, 03:17:25 PM by gregofdoom

Personally, I recommend BanzaiBTC.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=389572

He is a professional at what he does.
For my coins BRE, did the 0.1BTC for one year.

barrysty1e

Activity: 636
Merit: 516

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2016, 03:02:23 PM

Is a professional at what he does.

you havent been on this thread long, have you?

my father wears sneakers in the pool
Griffith
Legendary

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 08:41:55 AM

Looking Good!

This is actually correct, ECC does about 100k-200k doge volume per day on average, however i am pretty sure a lot of this is bots traiding against current Doge prices. but im not complaining.

HI.
I am from begining with Multiwallet coin old time ago.
Wallet this coin (I mean MWC) was promising have 3 coins inside to trade them: ECC, MWC, SUPER I read for $ or one coin for other coin example ecc vs super or mwc depend from price each one.

That was the original plan yes, but there we some roadblocks with the way they were coded that i wasnt able to find a way around, was able to put them all into one wallet no problem. just massive memory issues that made it unfeasible to launch a full product like that.

I regeistered only on Bittrex and they dont have Ecc & Super but have MWC. Very small markets had ecc/super that days and now too. I was not interested ECC because this coins was crazy number coins like dogecoin its no have any serious value.
So I am bought many MWC because I wanted have wallet with 3 coins to trade and I expected some profit ofc.
I know is MWC is other coin than Super but MWC wallet was supposed to contain inside yours SUPER coins.
I was thinking its dont matter which coins I have because I can switch some my MWC to Super without buying supercoin on other markets because this 3 coins was developing in one Topic on bitcointalk by 2 Devs and "multiwallet" was in developing. Now for Supercoin is separated topic and other coins dont matter ?
Bringing the coins together into one thread seemed like a good idea at the time, but turned out to be a terrible idea. they are all separate threads again.

Now bittrex delisted MWC coin and some people want have only super coin because they bought and have supercoin and dont care about Multiwallet.
I dont want lose all my bought MWC because Dev (Griffith) stop working on multiwallet or change/have new idea project name to "cryptobank" (?) or focus on Supercoin only.

there is a cryptobank download available, but it uses wayyy to much memory to use right now. still dont know how to fix that yet. pretty suck on a solution.

Bittrex not show danger de-listed MWC and last time make "wallet maitenance" and after this maitenance without warning removing MWC from market. Was possible only withraw coins to wallets.
If I remember good MWC was worth 50-100 satoshi for coin before removing. And I dont know it be removing I was can make some volumen my own coins but I dont know about danger de-listed.

they did announce it, just not in their usual way. so i understand why it was missed by some.

Lowest Price Block Explorer would be http://cryptoguru.tk for 0.01 BTC/month ,
Contact GrinZ at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=188159
Along with the Github Source Code,

blockexperts which is ECC BE is 0.1 per year making it the cheapest i know of

Looking Good!

is it really? cool.

He is a professional at what he does.

This guys BE are a fucking joke, this might be the worst BE service. doesnt even have proper raw json for transaction or block objects, he did some funky shit to try to make it easier to read, makes it like 10x harder to read.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 »
  Print  

Jump to: