Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:19:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 »
  Print  
Author Topic: SUPERCOIN'S REVIVAL  (Read 115619 times)
thirstygerry

Activity: 298
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 12:14:29 PM

It looks like our developer search board was removed
So maybe we can continue here!

If anyone is interested to become a supercoin developer, feel free to let us know here or via twitter
https://twitter.com/_SuperCoin_

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BStappleton

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 01:41:12 PM

if they are intrested in Supercoin ... and they have assets I wonder what can happen with SUPERCOIN ?

Nothing without community support. I'm interested in Supercoin and I have assets, but without any way to bring the two together in a constructive fashion, having both doesn't help.

But first it is necessary i.m.o. to find a good dev before taking the next step.

Why? The coin works - it's fast, it's stable. The wallet works - it's a little clunky and a memory hog but it works just fine. What would finding a good developer do for the coin that isn't already there? I asked in March what else was outstanding for this coin - i.e. what needs a developer - but got no answer. So I don't think it does need a developer; I think it needs promotion, use and investment. You're also not going to find a good dev for a coin that's in the doldrums. If the coin shows some life then devs will show some interest.

We could probably do with a new thread and some fresh ideas. A thread that doesn't refer to a revival (implying it has already died) and where the first post is clean and up-to-date - not full of broken links, dead bootstraps and historical information that's of no use. Few things are more offputting than when the first links in a coin's thread are to a website that doesn't exist and a twitter account that hasn't been updated in over a year.

Above all though, it needs some kind of utility / purpose and signs that there is - to some degree at least - investment in the coin. I've got some ideas on that front.

Whilst I work on those, which is the best exchange to be using with Supercoin? Alcurex appears not to have it, Yobit is apparently broken, Coinexchange doesn't support trading APIs so that leaves Novaexchange - unless there are any other exchanges with Supercoin on that I'm not aware of?

Ben
TvZ

Activity: 315
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 06:48:55 PM

Why? The coin works - it's fast, it's stable. The wallet works - it's a little clunky and a memory hog but it works just fine.

You're right, the wallet works fast and it's stable, however, i think the memory use should be reduced.
It's always good when there's an active dev.

unless there are any other exchanges with Supercoin on that I'm not aware of?

There is: http://cointopay.com  Smiley

Cointopay is not just a payment gateway, there's also an exchange available.
Webshops and other services can accept Supercoin as payment option using Cointopay.
CoinMin3r

Activity: 520
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 05:39:27 AM

if they are intrested in Supercoin ... and they have assets I wonder what can happen with SUPERCOIN ?

Nothing without community support. I'm interested in Supercoin and I have assets, but without any way to bring the two together in a constructive fashion, having both doesn't help.

But first it is necessary i.m.o. to find a good dev before taking the next step.

Why? The coin works - it's fast, it's stable. The wallet works - it's a little clunky and a memory hog but it works just fine. What would finding a good developer do for the coin that isn't already there? I asked in March what else was outstanding for this coin - i.e. what needs a developer - but got no answer. So I don't think it does need a developer; I think it needs promotion, use and investment. You're also not going to find a good dev for a coin that's in the doldrums. If the coin shows some life then devs will show some interest.

We could probably do with a new thread and some fresh ideas. A thread that doesn't refer to a revival (implying it has already died) and where the first post is clean and up-to-date - not full of broken links, dead bootstraps and historical information that's of no use. Few things are more offputting than when the first links in a coin's thread are to a website that doesn't exist and a twitter account that hasn't been updated in over a year.

Above all though, it needs some kind of utility / purpose and signs that there is - to some degree at least - investment in the coin. I've got some ideas on that front.

Whilst I work on those, which is the best exchange to be using with Supercoin? Alcurex appears not to have it, Yobit is apparently broken, Coinexchange doesn't support trading APIs so that leaves Novaexchange - unless there are any other exchanges with Supercoin on that I'm not aware of?

Ben
Very well said mate  Wink
It used to be in alcurex before and I think it won't be a problem getting it listed there again.Also we have cointopay.
howardb

Activity: 574

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 01:46:17 PM

The developer has always been associated with the project's support. But the coin works independently for a long time, a sufficient number of work sites. There are willing to buy, and sell. The market is active! The coin is alive!
thirstygerry

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 12:25:43 AM

You probably didn't get an answer because nobody knows what's in the pipeline for supercoin since there is no active developer.

I completely agree, it needs more promotion!
Ideas are always welcome! :-)

The coin does show life, just you look at the exchanges.
And yes, the current BTC spike did slow the market down a bit but that's normal. Sooner or later the current sellers will adjust they're prices and new sellers will start lower anyway.

Good idea!
Someone just needs to take the lead on it.
___crypto___ and I have already tried to raise awareness for this super coin (pun intented ;-) )  by creating a new twitter, support mail address, set up block explorer (paid wholly by ___crypto___ !)...

https://www.coinexchange.io/market/SUPER/BTC
https://novaexchange.com/market/BTC_SUPER/
https://novaexchange.com/market/ETH_SUPER/

BStappleton

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 12:40:30 PM

Quote from: thirstygerry
You probably didn't get an answer because nobody knows what's in the pipeline for supercoin since there is no active developer.

To my mind, that's putting the cart before the horse. The point I was making was that if there is nothing in the pipeline then what is there for a developer to do?

As far as I can see, there's only the issue of the wallet being a bit of a memory hog. If that's it, then someone can just be hired to improve that part of the wallet and paid a agreed fee to do it. They don't need to devote their lives to the coin.

To that end, we could do with a Supercoin wallet / address for donations to form a development budget and to pay for block explorers, exchange listing fees etc. I would propose that the first step would be to reimburse ___crypto___.

Someone just needs to take the lead on it.

Would you or ___crypto___ like to step up for that? I'll support the coin but I'm not willing to take the lead on it. If I was going to do that, I'd create my own.

I am, however, happy to host (and have my people throw together) a website for it - containing information on exchanges, with bootstraps for download etc - and give the credentials to the coin leads.

I do have an issue with the logo, though - in that I don't know who owns the IP for it or what the usage rights for it are. If anyone knows who the IP owner is, could they ask them to contact me, please. If we don't know or they've disappeared then I can have my designers put together some examples so the community can choose a new one.

Ben
cryptor47

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 05:59:29 PM
Last edit: August 16, 2017, 06:12:20 PM by cryptor47

I don't think that this coin needs a developer right now.
It needs a good Marketeer/Community Manager.. and if he does the job well, a dev won't be hard to find after.
It's only viable for someone who already holds a lot or would buyin considerably to do it. Because than he would have a good reason to work hard on this Smiley
Otherwise, this coin will die, sooner or later.

I was so hooked on this coin when it came out, I even wrote how I burned myself with it on steemit a week ago - https://steemit.com/cryptocurrency/@cryptor47/finding-the-one-coin-to-make-me-a-fortune-spoiler-alert-not

BTW, I still hold 30k and right now it's not even worth the trouble to sell.
Such a shame for SUPER, tech was amazing and it's still super fast and POS!

Like gather 10-20 people who still hold the coins and want to see it succeed (I'm willing to do my part). Organize them. Do a new ANN, a REAL revival, social sites, signature campaign, airdrops, posts on social sites, blogs, articles on crypto sites...
There is so many newbs joining crypto lately and they send their BTC to the silliest ICOs.. this is a working product.. and a POS.. they could come this way too..

If that succeeds, get a dev to work on it, add features and so on..

SUPER could do x100 easily!
jaipagare01

Activity: 123
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 09:25:55 PM

I am holding few good amount of coins as well. I am with you.
thirstygerry

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 12:43:49 PM

Like gather 10-20 people who still hold the coins and want to see it succeed (I'm willing to do my part). Organize them. Do a new ANN, a REAL revival, social sites, signature campaign, airdrops, posts on social sites, blogs, articles on crypto sites...
There is so many newbs joining crypto lately and they send their BTC to the silliest ICOs.. this is a working product.. and a POS.. they could come this way too..

You're absolutely right!
Let's ditch the 'revival' part and just start fresh.
This is a POS coin with huge potential, lightning fast transactions and it's already proven to be stable even with nothing but limited community support!

I'm glad to see the SuperCoin thread alive again!
However, we are dragging a lot of ancient posts and outdated info with us.

So a new ANN WILL kickstart the project! 

To make the new start fresh and more clear I've created a new email address and twitter account to use in the new ANN thread:

supercoin.official@gmail.com
https://twitter.com/SupercoinO

Sorry ___crypto___, but it's more readable than consecutive underscores.
I would be happy to give you the login credentials for this twitter account so you can manage it!

Kind regards

jaipagare01

Activity: 123
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 01:02:39 PM

Following twitter account now.
CoinMin3r

Activity: 520

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 02:42:51 PM

You're absolutely right!
Let's ditch the 'revival' part and just start fresh.
This is a POS coin with huge potential, lightning fast transactions and it's already proven to be stable even with nothing but limited community support!

I'm glad to see the SuperCoin thread alive again!
However, we are dragging a lot of ancient posts and outdated info with us.

So a new ANN WILL kickstart the project! 

To make the new start fresh and more clear I've created a new email address and twitter account to use in the new ANN thread:

supercoin.official@gmail.com
https://twitter.com/SupercoinO

Sorry ___crypto___, but it's more readable than consecutive underscores.
I would be happy to give you the login credentials for this twitter account so you can manage it!

Kind regards
Okay SUPER  Smiley Lets start fresh with new ANN with neat clean attractive informative thread.SUPER Community will follow and support as always. Wink Wink
thirstygerry

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 09:56:59 AM

I do have an issue with the logo, though - in that I don't know who owns the IP for it or what the usage rights for it are. If anyone knows who the IP owner is, could they ask them to contact me, please. If we don't know or they've disappeared then I can have my designers put together some examples so the community can choose a new one.

Ben

It's a great idea to have a fresh new look to accompany the new ANN!
Unfortunately if we change the logo we will need a developer to update the wallet to include the new design.
So to do so you're contradicting yourself regarding the need to have or not to have a developer Smiley

I am, however, happy to host (and have my people throw together) a website for it - containing information on exchanges, with bootstraps for download etc - and give the credentials to the coin leads.

Ben

We definitely need a website!
In the meantime, I've also created a youtube channel accompanying the new email address (I'll add some logo's and banners later Smiley )
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCefOoTEbTeVCGXE93TZ1e6A
If you or anyone else can create a short introductory video I can upload it (let's just say that my designer skills are... lacking to non-existant Smiley )

BStappleton

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 11:54:16 AM

Unfortunately if we change the logo we will need a developer to update the wallet to include the new design.
So to do so you're contradicting yourself regarding the need to have or not to have a developer Smiley

Well, that's not really 'development'; that's replacing a couple of images in the resources. You wouldn't need to change a single line of code - just update the resources and rebuild. I could probably even do that myself. Failing that, Griffith - the previous dev - seems like a decent sort. We could give him a handful of Supercoin and ask him to update it. It'd take him five minutes if we have the images ready.

Also, it's optional. We don't need it doing. I'm just offering to have my designers come up with some new logos out of the goodness of my shrivelled, blackened heart.

Anyway, as best I can tell from reading the licences, the logo is included within the licence for the Supercoin code - so anyone is free to use it, much like the Bitcoin logo. At least, that's my understanding - it doesn't appear to have its own licence or copyright attribution.

We definitely need a website!

Let's get one built then!

If you or anyone else can create a short introductory video I can upload it (let's just say that my designer skills are... lacking to non-existant)

That would have to be someone else. My video design skills are an affront to humanity and banned by several international conventions.

I also noticed that someone had slurped up a few coins on NovaExchange whilst they're still cheap. That's a good move.

Ben
thirstygerry

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 08:08:30 PM

Let's get one built then!

I'll take the first step:

I've just registered supercoin.nl
(Most others were already taken)

Does anyone have webspace I can point it to?
Doesn't have to be much, it's probably best to keep the site as simple as possible.
We could use a flat CMS (no mysql db) for now.

Once this website is up we can start with the new ANN :-D

I also noticed that someone had slurped up a few coins on NovaExchange whilst they're still cheap. That's a good move.

They're currently cheap everywhere, on coinexchange and on novaexchange, even the ETH-SUPER!
Current price range of 0.00000122 BTC to 0.00000114 BTC, they were at 0.00000350 BTC and higher last month!
Maybe I should stock up :-)

BStappleton

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 08:33:35 PM

I've just registered supercoin.nl

I was going to register supersend.org because, as you say, most of the 'supercoin' domains are taken. But hey, the Dutch are cool. Let's go with that.

Does anyone have webspace I can point it to?

PM me your eMail address.
cryptor47

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 02:26:36 PM

Lets get a Telegram/Slack Channel or something else where communication is faster and easier.
Anyone willing to bring this back from the dead should join and contribute!
I have a couple of ideas Smiley
thirstygerry

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 09:02:17 AM

Lets get a Telegram/Slack Channel or something else where communication is faster and easier.
Anyone willing to bring this back from the dead should join and contribute!
I have a couple of ideas Smiley

Go for it cryptor47! :-)

Great news btw
I've just noticed that the node list on https://chainz.cryptoid.info/super/#!network now includes more than twice the amount of nodes it had a couple of weeks ago!

Looks like people are finally starting up their wallets again! Cheesy

Ticked

Activity: 1526
Merit: 473

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 05:03:52 PM

I still hold quite a considerable amount and am willing to contribute 50k Super towards actual development.
thirstygerry

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 06:11:03 AM
Last edit: August 28, 2017, 06:22:30 AM by thirstygerry

supercoin.nl is now officially being built! :-D

watch it unfold at http://supercoin.nl !

since ___crypto___ is doing a good job at regularly updating https://twitter.com/_SuperCoin_ I propose to keep this as supercoin's official twitter account :-)

Pages: « 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 »
  Print  

Jump to: