Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 03:55:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 »
  Print  
Author Topic: SUPERCOIN'S REVIVAL  (Read 115622 times)
thirstygerry

Activity: 298
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 03:48:43 PM
Last edit: November 23, 2017, 05:02:34 PM by thirstygerry

]

Its a real pain in the ass for people looking for Supercoin to find the most recent ANN. Is there anything we can do about that? I mean, that the new ANN will be the first thread thats people will see?

True true

We even have a draft version of it already!

As for the title, we could start the new one as 'supercoin 2.0'
Or 'supercoin 2018'

Can we ask mods to remove the old anns?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CryptoJohn
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1003

Well, That's Crypto :-\

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 07:11:25 PM

Ahhh, that feeling of staking 6,000 Super in a 12 hr period.

Wallet started like a champ and couldn't wait to stake.

I'd go with Supercoin 2.0 for new ann.
Make it moderated in case the ass hats from the early community show up again.
Smoothmold

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 07:15:50 PM

I'd go with Super 2.0

Wow nice. How much do you get with staking? I thought it was 5%? A friend of mine received yesterday 40k from staking in one day, day afterwords 600 coins. He couldnt believe it.

Is this possible??

Also, do you have to have your wallet open 24/7 or will it stake also if you like onces in a while open your wallet for staking?
CryptoJohn
Legendary

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 07:30:58 PM

I'd go with Super 2.0

Wow nice. How much do you get with staking? I thought it was 5%? A friend of mine received yesterday 40k from staking in one day, day afterwords 600 coins. He couldnt believe it.

Is this possible??

Also, do you have to have your wallet open 24/7 or will it stake also if you like onces in a while open your wallet for staking?
The 40k seems to be incorrect as he'd have to be staking millions of Super. After his wallet is fully synced and locked he should run "checkwallet" in the console to verify his balances are correct. If "checkwallet" finds a discrepancy he then runs "repairwallet" to correct balance. Any extra coins that "checkwallet" finds are not spendable as they don't really exist so "repairwallet" is recommended.

I believe the POS version is still 1.0 so that allows you to stake periodically and still get the same returns. Wallet upgrade needs to include POS 2.0 at a minimum to prevent this and require stakers to run wallet 24/7 for max returns.
This is when a Raspberry Pi staking wallet is beneficial for 24/7 staking.

I did forget how fast Super transfer and confirmations occur.  Grin
Smoothmold

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 08:05:36 PM

I'd go with Super 2.0

Is this possible??

The 40k seems to be incorrect as he'd have to be staking millions of Super. After his wallet is fully synced and locked he should run "checkwallet" in the console to verify his balances are correct. If "checkwallet" finds a discrepancy he then runs "repairwallet" to correct balance. Any extra coins that "checkwallet" finds are not spendable as they don't really exist so "repairwallet" is recommended.

I believe the POS version is still 1.0 so that allows you to stake periodically and still get the same returns. Wallet upgrade needs to include POS 2.0 at a minimum to prevent this and require stakers to run wallet 24/7 for max returns.

Ok thanks. I will let him know. What you mean with POS 2.0? I run the wallet 4.0.1.0. Thats ok right?
digi123

Activity: 236

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 09:44:37 PM

I agree to make it moderated,
I remember when this community got hammered by others and I'm sure it was because this coin was such a threat.
In all the coins I have followed I have never seen such things happen as what happened with supercoin.
They succeded, and when there was nothing left they went away.
CoinLov3r

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

Truth wins inevitably.

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 04:30:06 AM

I agree to make it moderated,
I remember when this community got hammered by others and I'm sure it was because this coin was such a threat.
In all the coins I have followed I have never seen such things happen as what happened with supercoin.
They succeded, and when there was nothing left they went away.

Yeah exactly.Someone doesn't want SUPER to be what it really deserved so they come and start the FUD and tries to suppress as far as possible.So this time we should be ready to neutralize 'em all and kick 'em all.
CryptoJohn
Legendary

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 07:05:59 AM

I'd go with Super 2.0

Is this possible??

Ok thanks. I will let him know. What you mean with POS 2.0? I run the wallet 4.0.1.0. Thats ok right?

wallet version sounds fine.

Research Proof Of Stake.

Current wallet is based upon the first iteration of POS. POS 2.0 requires users to support the network to gain 100% of the annual apr.

If all of this is new to you please dont invest too much money before you understand the basics.
Smoothmold

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 08:38:38 AM

I'd go with Super 2.0

Is this possible??

wallet version sounds fine.

Research Proof Of Stake.

Current wallet is based upon the first iteration of POS. POS 2.0 requires users to support the network to gain 100% of the annual apr.

If all of this is new to you please dont invest too much money before you understand the basics.

I will thanks! Do you mean with POS 2.0 running a masternode? I am all for Supercoin going for masternodes so we get a more stable network because it gives bug investors an incentive to hold.

Coins like Zcoin are implementing masternodes this month based on Dash masternodes. I am curious what you think about this for Supercoin.
CoinLov3r

Truth wins inevitably.

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 09:35:12 AM

I will thanks! Do you mean with POS 2.0 running a masternode? I am all for Supercoin going for masternodes so we get a more stable network because it gives bug investors an incentive to hold.

Coins like Zcoin are implementing masternodes this month based on Dash masternodes. I am curious what you think about this for Supercoin.
POS 2.0 (Proof of Stake V2.0) is a system of staking every normal user with open wallet can get but unlike V1.0 user have to open wallet continuously in order to get full APR.So it doesn't mean masternode.BTW SUPERCoin do have unique system/feature which let everyone to become a node and get reward. When one sends coin with SUPERSEND it uses available nodes with enough funds mixes with multi sig rewarding that node owner.So technically everyone can become a Masternode owner.Have you noticed the green signal with S letter at the lower right corner?

That's the Super feature of SUPER.
thirstygerry

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 10:22:50 AM

Is this possible??

It's possible that your friend had not opened his wallet for quite a while. Since SuperCoin wallets also stake when they're not online his wallet was probably just receiving all the staking transactions that occurred while he was offline

Smoothmold

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 11:49:44 AM

POS 2.0 (Proof of Stake V2.0) is a system of staking every normal user with open wallet can get but unlike V1.0 user have to open wallet continuously in order to get full APR.So it doesn't mean masternode.BTW SUPERCoin do have unique system/feature which let everyone to become a node and get reward. When one sends coin with SUPERSEND it uses available nodes with enough funds mixes with multi sig rewarding that node owner.So technically everyone can become a Masternode owner.Have you noticed the green signal with S letter at the lower right corner?

That's the Super feature of SUPER.

Thanks for the answer. I want to know everything about Supercoin, thats why i am asking many questions.

Yeah, i have seen that. Looks like a cool feature.

If i understand correct with POS 1.0 you can open your wallet periodically and still receive all staking coins. You get 5% yearly correct?

But with POS 2.0 you have to run your wallet 24/7 to receive maximum staking coins. How can i install POS 2.0 on Supercoin because i want to stake the maximum coins on Supercoin. What is the ROI with POS 2.0?
thirstygerry

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 12:00:45 PM

If i understand correct with POS 1.0 you can open your wallet periodically and still receive all staking coins. You get 5% yearly correct?

But with POS 2.0 you have to run your wallet 24/7 to receive maximum staking coins. How can i install POS 2.0 on Supercoin because i want to stake the maximum coins on Supercoin. What is the ROI with POS 2.0?

With pos POS 1 you can indeed check periodically and receive all the coins. I think it's already down from 5% though.

You can't just install POS 2.0. That requires a wallet update. :-)

Smoothmold

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 01:47:02 PM

With pos POS 1 you can indeed check periodically and receive all the coins. I think it's already down from 5% though.

You can't just install POS 2.0. That requires a wallet update. :-)

So, what do we want as a community for Supercoin?

- New ANN Supercoin 2.0
- new roadmap. Like fixing some bugs wallet etc and POS 2.0, any ideas?
- we need to hire a developer payed in Supercoin after accomplishing the goals
- we need a donation poule for hiring developer

Sorry my english is not so good. But i think we have to have to take it step by step and listen to what the community wants..
thirstygerry

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 07:18:06 PM

- New ANN Supercoin 2.0

Sorry my english is not so good. But i think we have to have to take it step by step and listen to what the community wants..

Your English is understandable so don't worry about it Smiley

You're right, it's time for some action!

This is a project we're all enrolling in and the workload may not always be spread equally but the goal is the same for us all:

Give SuperCoin the public attention it deserves and more!

At the beginning of every project a couple of things need to be determined:

-Stakeholders
-Priorities
-Responsibilities
-Planning
-Goal
-Deliverables
-Project plan

Let's start with the Priorities
As I see it this would be a good order

-1 Website
Done

-2 Twitter
Done

-3 Support mail address
Done

-5 Linux wallet
In progress

-6 New ANN Supercoin 2.0 - to make our fresh start known (can be upgraded with points below later)

-7 contact other exchanges - we currently only have one good exchange and that's coinexchange

-8 new roadmap - planning, ideas, timings

-9 donation pool

-10 hire developer to implement changes like: reduce the memory usage, POS2.0

-11 next steps - for example: add mailing list to supercoin.nl

feel free to add bullets or rearrange, but please mention why

Smoothmold

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 09:06:25 AM
Last edit: November 25, 2017, 09:20:58 AM by Smoothmold

- New ANN Supercoin 2.0

This is a project we're all enrolling in and the workload may not always be spread equally but the goal is the same for us all:

-Stakeholders
-Priorities
-Responsibilities
-Planning
-Goal
-Deliverables
-Project plan

-1 Website
Done

For now the website is ok. But i think in the future we need to revamp the website and get some more info on it also.

-2 Twitter
Done

-3 Support mail address
Done

-5 Linux wallet
In progress

-6 New ANN Supercoin 2.0 - to make our fresh start known (can be upgraded with points below later)

-7 contact other exchanges - we currently only have one good exchange and that's coinexchange

First, I would go for:
- AEX exchange. I think its a (new) chinese exchange and also trading old coins like worldcoin, quark en earthcoin. The exchange has good volume also.
- Cryptopia

After that i would go for Bittrex,Poloniex, Binance etc. But we need to have a stronger foundation before hitting those exchanges, and have had some development accomplished in supercoin, like updated wallet, POS 2.0

-9 donation pool
Important is using transparency. How much do we need, how will this money be used, what are the deadlines of the projects. Also, we need to see a bar how much is raised so far in real time. Maybe with a roadmap underneath. So we know, if we hit that target we can implement POS2.0, if we hit that we can etc etc.

Pay developer in supercoin. It has to be a good one, who has experience in this field and his highly motivated in bringer supercoin to the top. Not only money driven guy.

-12 Supercoin has lost a lot of credibility in the past, mainly about fud. I think there were problems about getting supercoin into on of the exchanges and the exchange said we dont want supercoin because of a flaw in the code.

What we need it to educate people about Supercoin, also in comparison to other coins. What i like to see is someone writing articles periodically and post that on the supercoin website (BLOG) and via social media (twitter, steemit etc). For example, look at http://zcoin.io/zcoins-privacy-technology-compares-competition/

Also youtube. We have to have a face who does the communication externally. This brings trust also.

I have add my comments in red.
CoinLov3r

Truth wins inevitably.

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 03:59:33 AM

-Stakeholders
-Priorities
-Responsibilities
-Planning
-Goal
-Deliverables
-Project plan

-1 Website
Done

-2 Twitter
Done

-3 Support mail address
Done

-5 Linux wallet
In progress

-9 donation pool

Yeah normally that would be the steps.Website can be tweaked a little though.Shouldn't that include How Sepersend works anonymizing transactions?
It would be good to have slack or discord channel for discussion too.
thirstygerry

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 02:17:08 PM
Last edit: November 26, 2017, 02:34:46 PM by thirstygerry

What we need it to educate people about Supercoin, also in comparison to other coins. What i like to see is someone writing articles periodically and post that on the supercoin website (BLOG) and via social media (twitter, steemit etc). For example, look at http://zcoin.io/zcoins-privacy-technology-compares-competition/

Also youtube. We have to have a face who does the communication externally. This brings trust also. [/font][/color]

We have a channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCefOoTEbTeVCGXE93TZ1e6A
We just don't have any content yet due to "limited cinematographical skills" Cheesy

Yeah normally that would be the steps.Website can be tweaked a little though.Shouldn't that include How Sepersend works anonymizing transactions?
It would be good to have slack or discord channel for discussion too.

I've used the info in the beginnning of this ann to create pdf, which we can attach to the new ann or make available via the website.
It just takes too much space and creates a lot of cluttering to just add it inline into the post.

GlennGLive

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 02:19:24 PM

Hoping for your fast revival
thirstygerry

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 03:24:34 PM

As promised, a small update on the linux port

I've found some very useful usecases which I'm now trying out on supercoin.
Due to limited hd space, I can't install the necessary SDK's.
I've bought and received a bigger disk which I'll install in the coming week so I'll be able to continue the development. Smiley

I'll post another update by next Sunday

Pages: « 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 »
  Print  

Jump to: