Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:17:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Case of Sexually Transmitted Zika Virus Reported in Texas  (Read 1600 times)
Cass LeChat (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

cryptoqueen

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 07:09:02 PM

Officials in Texas have reported the first case of Zika virus contracted in the United States, saying it was sexually transmitted. If confirmed, it marks only the second known case of Zika transmission through sexual contact. Zika has continued to spread rapidly across Latin America, with Chile reporting its first three cases. The mosquito-borne illness, while generally not life-threatening, has been linked to the birth defect microcephaly, which causes babies to be born with abnormally small heads. The link has raised debates over restrictive abortion laws in countries like Brazil, which has seen nearly 3,700 suspected cases of microcephaly. The World Health Organization’s Anthony Costello announced the latest steps against Zika.

Dr. Anthony Costello: "This morning we’ve now set up a global response unit, which brings together all people across WHO in headquarters in the regions to deal with a formal response, using all the lessons we’ve learned from the Ebola crisis."

Scientists have linked rising temperatures from global warming to the increased incidence of mosquito-borne infections such as Zika.

http://www.democracynow.org/2016/2/3/headlines/case_of_sexually_transmitted_zika_virus_reported_in_texas

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
-XXIII-

Activity: 112

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 07:15:13 PM

I don't have any doubt of this being a man-made, or at least influenced, epidemic. I base this on absolutely no evidence whatsoever, and am speaking out of the paranoia in my heart. These episodes become more disastrous with every blow, but humanity seems to strive. I don't know, part of me doesn't care anymore, like this happens so often it's old news. But damn, those babies look weird.
This could ruin an entire generation.
Cass LeChat (OP)

cryptoqueen

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 07:22:21 PM

It's upsetting. I'm not sure exactly what the long-term effects are. It seems like sources are saying that you could carry it without even knowing. The deformities look pretty intense. I'm wondering how deadly it is to human life?

In any case, watch out if you're traveling in the Central and South Americas.
Robin,Hood

Activity: 462
Merit: 62

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 07:29:08 PM

The sexually transmitted story is fake.
Those Babies are the result of Bill Gates vaccination program with his goal of global population reduction.

Any Bitcoin address not starting with 1 is fraud and scam Full (20 coins) Cryptomarket History
Lenore

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 08:36:01 PM

The sexually transmitted story is fake.
Those Babies are the result of Bill Gates vaccination program with his goal of global population reduction.

No the story is not fake.  It isnt the first time this has been seen.  The virus stays in the seamen longer then the blood.

You can look it up and read about it on WHO and CDC websites.  It has been documented that this has happened in the past.  Zika isn't deadly to adults or already born children but it is to babies that are developing.

Zika has been know for a long time.  But it is never really spoken of.  Just with this small outbreak it seems the WHO should mention it.  Which they have.

I sweat bugs are gonna be the ones who kill all of us.

Think of the Plague.  It started from the fleas on rats.  Not really the rats themselves.  Seem bugs are turning out to be pretty deadly.

Ernstew

Activity: 70

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 10:51:01 PM

Yes I saw in newspaper that Zika is known from 1947 and that was first in south east Asia and there were not epidemy. Ok it's known at least for now that there are no consequences for people and that attacks babies

██████████    YoBit.net - Cryptocurrency Exchange - Over 350 coins
█████████    <<  ● $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$   >>
██████████    <<  ● Play DICE! Win 1-5 btc just for 5 mins!  >>
Lenore

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 03:00:14 AM

Yup.

As of today there have been 50 confirmed cases now in the US.  Florida has issued a medical emergency alert.   Interesting.

jak1

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 11:21:19 AM

I saw that Zika first time was mentioned about 1947 in Uganda..in rainforests..and that very soon few cases were in Latin America..so this is not a new virus..what is interesting is what will actually happen? Ok it will be in all USA states, but are there other effects of that virus beside what makes to unborn children?You have virus, and now you are healed..ok will be some effects on your future kids, like you have 2 years ago zika, everything passed ok now want to have baby and because you had zika now your baby is with mycrocephalia or something other|?
xht

Activity: 462

hey you, yeah you, fuck you!!!

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 01:42:40 PM

Surge of Zika Virus Has Brazilians Re-examining Strict Abortion Laws

RECIFE, Brazil — The surging medical reports of babies being born with unusually small heads during the Zika epidemic in Brazil are igniting a fierce debate over the country’s abortion laws, which make the procedure illegal under most circumstances.

Legal scholars in Brasília, the capital, are preparing a case to go before Brazil’s highest court, saying pregnant women should be permitted to have abortions when their fetuses are found to have abnormally small heads, a condition known as microcephaly that Brazilian researchers say is linked to the virus.

A judge in central Brazil has taken the rare step of publicly proclaiming that he will allow women to have legal abortions in cases of microcephaly, preparing the way for a fight over the issue in parts of the country’s labyrinthine legal system.

And here in Recife, the Brazilian city hit hardest by the increase in microcephaly and the brain damage that often comes with it, abortion rights activists are seizing on the crisis to counter conservative lawmakers who have long wanted to make Brazil’s abortion laws — already among the most stringent in Latin America — more restrictive.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/04/world/americas/zika-virus-brazil-abortion-laws.html?ref=world

bizerinm

Activity: 140

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 02:52:20 PM

Abortion is the only solution for such a babies..simply they can never live like normal people and need a lot of medical treatment and can not live alone. What will happen to them once their parents are dead? Because of that abortion is soultion

$1000 USA ITunes Gift Card   https://payivy.com/v/c05a7
10x XBOX LIVE 12 MONTH GOLD SUBSCRIPTION https://payivy.com/v/bc48b
100$ starbucks egift card - never expire 40$ https://payivy.com/v/3b954
Fandango GIFT CARD Value $50 - 20$ https://payivy.com/v/d77b4
500$ Itunes gift card for USA https://payivy.com/v/d7a9e
yugo23

Activity: 476
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 03:57:15 PM

Abortion is the only solution for such a babies..simply they can never live like normal people and need a lot of medical treatment and can not live alone. What will happen to them once their parents are dead? Because of that abortion is soultion

I agree, but abortion is not a light decision. Abortion can have huge consequences...

Psychological of course, it's horrible for the mother (and the father) to decide to "kill" their baby. Of course it's not murder but... It's hard to convince yourself of that.
And physical, because abortion can really impact the potential fertility of the mother!

The main problem is that you can't protect yourself from moustiques. So how you can fight such a disease?  Embarrassed
Lenore

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 05:31:58 PM

I agree abortion should be allowed in this case.

People should realize that their child will suffer all of its life because of this virus.

Who would want to bring a child into this cruel world only for it to be even harder for them.  People emotions get in the way most of the time.  When in cases like this should be a fairly easy decision.  Even though I know its not.  But for simplicity reasons i should be.

capcher

Activity: 224

This user is currently ignored.

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 11:17:24 PM

Damn, it's Aedes mosquitoes again. They spread the unholy Trinity - dengue, chikungunya, and zika - among mankind.

I just read in the news about the first pregnant woman diagnosed with Zika in Europe.

I initially thought it was just a Facebook rumor when people told me that there was this virus that causes babies to be born with small heads. Apparently they still haven't confirmed the link between Zika virus and the microcephaly according to the articles I read just now.

jak1

Activity: 280

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 06:09:29 PM

Really cleaver, you can not escape to mosquitos..and i saw today they are expecting Zika on Mediteranne in summer, Italy,Spain,Greece,Croatia would be affected
Cass LeChat (OP)

cryptoqueen

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 07:49:44 PM

I agree abortion should be allowed in this case.

People should realize that their child will suffer all of its life because of this virus.

Who would want to bring a child into this cruel world only for it to be even harder for them.  People emotions get in the way most of the time.  When in cases like this should be a fairly easy decision.  Even though I know its not.  But for simplicity reasons i should be.

It's also a matter of access. A lot of countries do not have safe abortion services or even access to condoms or contraceptives. There's a lot of pressure in world politics to not share safer sex resources, despite the widespread AIDS and HIV epidemic.
craked5

Activity: 840
Merit: 529

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 08:01:59 PM

Damn, it's Aedes mosquitoes again. They spread the unholy Trinity - dengue, chikungunya, and zika - among mankind.

I just read in the news about the first pregnant woman diagnosed with Zika in Europe.

I initially thought it was just a Facebook rumor when people told me that there was this virus that causes babies to be born with small heads. Apparently they still haven't confirmed the link between Zika virus and the microcephaly according to the articles I read just now.

Yeah seems like it's spreading damn quick!!!

You know it's really incredible how musquitoes are responsible of so many deaths... This is truly an animal we should eradicate, let the rhino alive and burn those motherfuckers!!!
bizerinm

Activity: 140

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 08:20:57 PM

Poor woman. She should go to abortion, better than to have a baby with mycrocephalia...poor child will experience only suffer on this world, and won't be able to live independent and healthy never

$1000 USA ITunes Gift Card   https://payivy.com/v/c05a7
10x XBOX LIVE 12 MONTH GOLD SUBSCRIPTION https://payivy.com/v/bc48b
100$ starbucks egift card - never expire 40$ https://payivy.com/v/3b954
Fandango GIFT CARD Value $50 - 20$ https://payivy.com/v/d77b4
500$ Itunes gift card for USA https://payivy.com/v/d7a9e
Cass LeChat (OP)

cryptoqueen

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 11:28:35 PM

Poor woman. She should go to abortion, better than to have a baby with mycrocephalia...poor child will experience only suffer on this world, and won't be able to live independent and healthy never

Do we know what the effects mycrocephalia are other than the deformity? I don't remember much about this but are there behavioral things or are we making an assumption there?
Ernstew

Activity: 70

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 11:33:23 PM

Friend of mine is working in hospital and with all damaged children..mycrocephalia causes that head and brain stay small and can't develop..he has one with that, and the boy was like a plant with no sensation,understanding of anything thats surrounds him..

██████████    YoBit.net - Cryptocurrency Exchange - Over 350 coins
█████████    <<  ● $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$   >>
██████████    <<  ● Play DICE! Win 1-5 btc just for 5 mins!  >>
yugo23

Activity: 476
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 11:37:48 PM

Do we know what the effects mycrocephalia are other than the deformity? I don't remember much about this but are there behavioral things or are we making an assumption there?

Well yeah. If the head is small, so is the brain. It leads to death sometimes, but most of the times the child lives but with mental issues that can't be dealt with.

There is nothing you can do, I think that's the most horrible thing as a parent :/
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: