Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:00:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Moving forward with Armory  (Read 18338 times)
droark

Activity: 525
Merit: 282

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2016, 11:55:59 PM

Why do we need ilbsecp256k1 and what does that have to do with the bootstrap.dat?

Gaaaaaah. I think I misread goatpig's post. Nevermind. Smiley That said, there probably should be a switch at some point. Crypto++ is just outgunned for this kind of work. That and there may be certain features (e.g., Schnorr signatures) coming eventually that Crypto++ doesn't support.

On a different note, the latest build fixed my balance issues. Smiley Am able to send coins too. Coin control doesn't work, though. Here's what I see when i try to choose specific UTXOs.

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Users/droark/Projects/BitcoinArmory/osxbuild/workspace/Armory.app/Contents/MacOS/py/usr/lib/armory/ui/TxFrames.py", line 785, in createTxAndBroadcast
    ustx = self.validateInputsGetUSTX()
  File "/Users/droark/Projects/BitcoinArmory/osxbuild/workspace/Armory.app/Contents/MacOS/py/usr/lib/armory/ui/TxFrames.py", line 602, in validateInputsGetUSTX
    utxoList = self.getUsableTxOutList(totalSend)
  File "/Users/droark/Projects/BitcoinArmory/osxbuild/workspace/Armory.app/Contents/MacOS/py/usr/lib/armory/ui/TxFrames.py", line 863, in getUsableTxOutList
    utxos = cppAddr.getSpendableTxOutList(IGNOREZC)
  File "/Users/droark/Projects/BitcoinArmory/osxbuild/workspace/Armory.app/Contents/MacOS/py/usr/lib/armory/CppBlockUtils.py", line 1969, in getSpendableTxOutList
    def getSpendableTxOutList(self, ignoreZC=True): return _CppBlockUtils.ScrAddrObj_getSpendableTxOutList(self, ignoreZC)
RuntimeError: not implemented

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
goatpig (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1345

Armory Developer

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 12:27:18 AM

ugh ill get on it.

achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 6535

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2016, 01:54:41 AM

Can we add support for compressed keys to the list of things to do?

goatpig (OP)
Legendary

Armory Developer

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 02:22:55 AM

Once I take care of BIP32/44 I'll add that as well

superbit

Activity: 763
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 04:06:56 AM

Am I OK to update core to 0.12.0 and keep using armory until you release a new version?

https://bitfinex.com/?refcode=UInJLQ5KpA <-- leveraged trading of BTCUSD, LTCUSD and LTCBTC (long and short) - 10% discount on fees for the first 30 days with the refcode
My feedback thread: Forum thread
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2016, 04:17:36 AM

Am I OK to update core to 0.12.0 and keep using armory until you release a new version?
Yes. 0.93.3 works fine with bitcoin core 0.12

achow101
Staff
Legendary

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2016, 06:04:38 PM
Last edit: February 25, 2016, 06:35:04 PM by knightdk

Who controls bitcoinarmory.com? It appears that the site is back up and different from the old one. It also has the latest versions posted.

Edit: typos

goatpig (OP)
Legendary

Armory Developer

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 06:25:13 PM

Echo controls bitcoinarmory.com? It appears that the site is back up and different from the old one. It also has the latest versions posted.

No idea who's doing what on that front.

Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3071

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 11:26:06 PM

Echo controls bitcoinarmory.com? It appears that the site is back up and different from the old one. It also has the latest versions posted.

No idea who's doing what on that front.

Alan can't be behind it, or at least I would assume he would let you know about it. It seems conciliatory on the surface, but it's best to be cautious nonetheless. This could be the pre-amble to ATI's own fork (riding on your work initially, it seems).

Vires in numeris
solitude

Activity: 674
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 02:06:45 PM

Just to be clear, Armory will be SegWit compatible assuming Core isn't jerking us around and actually soft forks in April?

Hardly anyone speaks English on this forum.
goatpig (OP)
Legendary

Armory Developer

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 05:20:52 PM

Just to be clear, Armory will be SegWit compatible assuming Core isn't jerking us around and actually soft forks in April?

I will support SW, no ETA yet though.

unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 10:30:04 PM

Who controls bitcoinarmory.com? It appears that the site is back up and different from the old one. It also has the latest versions posted.

Domain seems to be still controlled by etotheipi... I wouldn't trust it though.
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 12:54:09 AM

Does anyone have the sig hashes from the latest version? We can compare them with the ones on the website in order to be sure.

achow101
Staff
Legendary

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2016, 01:52:23 AM

Does anyone have the sig hashes from the latest version? We can compare them with the ones on the website in order to be sure.
They're on https://github.com/goatpig/BitcoinArmory/releases/tag/v0.93.3

achow101
Staff
Legendary

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
February 29, 2016, 10:22:15 PM

So a few weeks ago I emailed the people at the Free Software Foundation seeking some help about the licensing issue here, and they finally responded.

This is what I was told:
AGPL is a non-revocable license which allows anybody to keep using the code and build on it as long as they comply with the license requirements. ... If the code was published under the (non-revocable) AGPL, then it can continue to be used. ... Assuming the code was published under the AGPL, developers can continue to use it as long as they comply with the AGPL.
This means that any of the code published under AGPLv3 can be used regardless of whether the original developers pulled the original repository. Anyone who has access to that code is allowed to use it so long as they comply with the terms of the license.

To comply with the terms of the license though, any binaries that are published MUST be published under AGPLv3 since it is using the original AGPLv3 code base. Also, the entire project must be licensed under AGPLv3 because it is using AGPLv3 licensed code.

droark

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2016, 06:50:53 PM

It's probably Trace.
SimonBelmond

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 02:33:06 PM

I just quickly want to chime in and also thank all the people that have worked on Armory so far and will do so in the future. I is my favorite wallet and I will follow this new branch closely. What is the best channel to follow about major new features and releases? Is there a donation address for this new OS Armory branch?
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 07:20:48 PM

I just quickly want to chime in and also thank all the people that have worked on Armory so far and will do so in the future. I is my favorite wallet and I will follow this new branch closely. What is the best channel to follow about major new features and releases? Is there a donation address for this new OS Armory branch?

The best channel to know more about new releases is here, especially this thread, for now. As said before, no donations accepted by goatpig, at least for now.
Ente
Legendary

Activity: 2126
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 06, 2016, 11:55:45 AM

So a few weeks ago I emailed the people at the Free Software Foundation seeking some help about the licensing issue here, and they finally responded.

This is what I was told:
AGPL is a non-revocable license which allows anybody to keep using the code and build on it as long as they comply with the license requirements. ... If the code was published under the (non-revocable) AGPL, then it can continue to be used. ... Assuming the code was published under the AGPL, developers can continue to use it as long as they comply with the AGPL.
This means that any of the code published under AGPLv3 can be used regardless of whether the original developers pulled the original repository. Anyone who has access to that code is allowed to use it so long as they comply with the terms of the license.

To comply with the terms of the license though, any binaries that are published MUST be published under AGPLv3 since it is using the original AGPLv3 code base. Also, the entire project must be licensed under AGPLv3 because it is using AGPLv3 licensed code.

Thanks for asking the pros! :-)
I was confused, as to why the removed 0.94 code would be off limits to us. 0.93 and 0.94 were both published under AGPL, the only difference is how long they have been online on a particulary website, github. Which carries no weight here.
Of course we can't force ATI to publish the code again, they can do with their github account as they please.
But if only one copy was saved by anyone out there, he may redistribute and republish under the AGPL again.

It's up to Goatpig to decide if this is a smart move, as ATI might not like that move for whatever reason. But they can't do anything against it except ask us friendly to delete the code.

Ente
droark

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2016, 08:43:12 PM

This is what I was told:

Thanks for asking the pros! :-)
I was confused, as to why the removed 0.94 code would be off limits to us. 0.93 and 0.94 were both published under AGPL, the only difference is how long they have been online on a particulary website, github. Which carries no weight here.
Of course we can't force ATI to publish the code again, they can do with their github account as they please.
But if only one copy was saved by anyone out there, he may redistribute and republish under the AGPL again.

It's up to Goatpig to decide if this is a smart move, as ATI might not like that move for whatever reason. But they can't do anything against it except ask us friendly to delete the code.

Ente

I've said it before but I'd love to see goatpig allow the inclusion of a few PRs under Alan's repo. They would've gotten the ball rolling on deterministic builds and some other neat stuff. I'd like to think usage of the code is in the clear legally. But, it's not my project. All I can do is ask politely. Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: