Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:55:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Low price, come on people it doesn't have anything to do with scalability  (Read 1357 times)
blunderer

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 05:17:10 PM

... I am either the stupidest human on the planet or you are wrong in every way I can possibly imagine. ...

Neither. The argument's fine, and, while thinking isn't necessarily your strong suit, there are dumber people around.

Which is not to say that your post is without merit. For instance, your point about the cost of your "device" is perfectly valid. If my bank charged me for my debit/credit cards, and charged me a fee to use cash, I would be forced to add that to my cost of transacting in fiat.
So point taken, make it "MORE THAN $6 per transaction" Smiley
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DieJohnny (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1639
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 05:45:28 AM

... I am either the stupidest human on the planet or you are wrong in every way I can possibly imagine. ...

Neither. The argument's fine, and, while thinking isn't necessarily your strong suit, there are dumber people around.

Which is not to say that your post is without merit. For instance, your point about the cost of your "device" is perfectly valid. If my bank charged me for my debit/credit cards, and charged me a fee to use cash, I would be forced to add that to my cost of transacting in fiat.
So point taken, make it "MORE THAN $6 per transaction" Smiley

You invent and stand behind the idea that Bitcoin is  "useless as "P2P cash."Huh??  But then how do you justify that fact that it serves just that purpose for so many??? Absurd....

Those who hold and those who are without property have ever formed distinct interests in society
Altcoinmoney

Activity: 344
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 07:16:23 AM

China markets have tanked, US markets have tanked, the world economy is in turmoil, but in the last month bitcoin price does nothing but tank.

People that seek to escape plunging currencies and crappy investments don't really care about something like how many txns a day can bitcoin handle without a fee, they can't even put it in context. If we had any market fleeing stocks or China we would see a massive jump in price, but we see the price decline... why?

SOMETHING ELSE is keeping the price down. Something tells me we are in the middle of a massive attack on Bitcoin and don't even realize it.... Govts, alt competitors, miner thieves, sidechain master manipulators.... who knows

Scalability could be solved tomorrow and we would likely go down another $5. The halving is going to come and go and we are going to be worth $225 a coin.

Please provide answers that ARE NOT about scalability. Thanks!

Too many Buy and Holders that have already bought and held! Now they have no money left to buy it up anymore. I'm not sure anyone has ever thoroughly proven that demand or new users is on the rise (No, unique addresses is not proof). Risk off situation in stocks does not mean to risk double by sinking it right back into Bitcoin. Don't count on wallstreet carrying this to the moon... It may not happen as many here think it will. Last and not least, the bear market is not over yet (not a claim, just a possibility). Many people were shaken off Bitcoin a year or more ago. Many of those will never come back after losing their asses in this. People aren't in a hurry to be the next ones either.

Indeed the price of the bitcoin when it drops has nothing to do with the scalability of it you know there are to many people just holding coins
and dont do anything with them they need to spent before the price will rise again.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: