Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 07:53:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Low price, come on people it doesn't have anything to do with scalability  (Read 1358 times)
DieJohnny (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1639
Merit: 1006

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 03:49:38 AM

China markets have tanked, US markets have tanked, the world economy is in turmoil, but in the last month bitcoin price does nothing but tank.

People that seek to escape plunging currencies and crappy investments don't really care about something like how many txns a day can bitcoin handle without a fee, they can't even put it in context. If we had any market fleeing stocks or China we would see a massive jump in price, but we see the price decline... why?

SOMETHING ELSE is keeping the price down. Something tells me we are in the middle of a massive attack on Bitcoin and don't even realize it.... Govts, alt competitors, miner thieves, sidechain master manipulators.... who knows

Scalability could be solved tomorrow and we would likely go down another $5. The halving is going to come and go and we are going to be worth $225 a coin.

Please provide answers that ARE NOT about scalability. Thanks!

Those who hold and those who are without property have ever formed distinct interests in society

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TReano

Activity: 448
Merit: 256

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 04:01:21 AM

The problem is, Bitcoin didn't go the direction most people wanted it to go after the recent bull run. We didn't even break 500$ in the end of the day.

The market is also bleeding because we could be already in the next depressing bigger bear cycle. That's what most people don't even want to hear.

350$ could be cheap. But we could also see 200$ again... It's not impossible.
RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 04:05:49 AM

China markets have tanked, US markets have tanked, the world economy is in turmoil, but in the last month bitcoin price does nothing but tank.

People that seek to escape plunging currencies and crappy investments don't really care about something like how many txns a day can bitcoin handle without a fee, they can't even put it in context. If we had any market fleeing stocks or China we would see a massive jump in price, but we see the price decline... why?

SOMETHING ELSE is keeping the price down. Something tells me we are in the middle of a massive attack on Bitcoin and don't even realize it.... Govts, alt competitors, miner thieves, sidechain master manipulators.... who knows

Scalability could be solved tomorrow and we would likely go down another $5. The halving is going to come and go and we are going to be worth $225 a coin.

Too many Buy and Holders that have already bought and held! Now they have no money left to buy it up anymore. I'm not sure anyone has ever thoroughly proven that demand or new users is on the rise (No, unique addresses is not proof). Risk off situation in stocks does not mean to risk double by sinking it right back into Bitcoin. Don't count on wallstreet carrying this to the moon... It may not happen as many here think it will. Last and not least, the bear market is not over yet (not a claim, just a possibility). Many people were shaken off Bitcoin a year or more ago. Many of those will never come back after losing their asses in this. People aren't in a hurry to be the next ones either.

DieJohnny (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 05:28:17 AM

Too many Buy and Holders that have already bought and held! Now they have no money left to buy it up anymore. I'm not sure anyone has ever thoroughly proven that demand or new users is on the rise (No, unique addresses is not proof). Risk off situation in stocks does not mean to risk double by sinking it right back into Bitcoin. Don't count on wallstreet carrying this to the moon... It may not happen as many here think it will. Last and not least, the bear market is not over yet (not a claim, just a possibility). Many people were shaken off Bitcoin a year or more ago. Many of those will never come back after losing their asses in this. People aren't in a hurry to be the next ones either.

I think you are right that a lot of people have lost money in bitcoin. Everyone thought they were going to be millionaires by now and are bitter. Makes me feel like we will see capitulation event before we go higher.

Those who hold and those who are without property have ever formed distinct interests in society
abs350

Activity: 481
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2016, 05:44:47 AM

Sure scalability is not an issue but just bull&&& from the bears. Any excuse to sell guys??

Just be patient. We are going to $500 but there is for some reason alot of selling going on these last few days.

When the market eventually turns it will rocket upwards. We are at the beginning of a second megabubble

DIAGON  e S p o r t s       Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAP CN SPN RU   WHITEPAPER  ]   ICO ❱ ❱  Nov. 12 th
facebook    TWITTER    reddit     ────   (   B U Y   )   ────
CryingMidget

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 06:32:47 AM

Sure scalability is not an issue but just bull&&& from the bears. Any excuse to sell guys??

Just be patient. We are going to $500 but there is for some reason alot of selling going on these last few days.

When the market eventually turns it will rocket upwards. We are at the beginning of a second megabubble

yeah dude people would have think and they can buy a bitcoin by utilsing this time and this little price fall. Bitcoin will make a big change in price and adaption as soon as possible.

Atleast if you not able buy bitcoins also no problem but don't sell it because in future we can big profit.
hector3115

Activity: 481
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 03:02:52 AM

It's all about scalability.  Markets of any kind hate uncertainty and there is a lot of that going on right now.  No one knows which direction we're headed.  This is a huge event for Bitcoin to move forward. 

Once we move past this, I think we're going one way or another hard and fast.  I'm hedged with Ethereum which has been working out really well.  I think they would be the huge benefactor if the devs fuck up Bitcoin. 

But I will never sell my Bitcoins, I will ride them into the ground if need be. 

BUY CRYPTO AT REASONABLE RATES
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████ ▄█▄ ██████
██████ █████ ██████
█████ ▄ ███ ▄ █████
████▌▐██ █ ██▌▐████
███▄ ▀▀▌ ▐▀▀ ▄███
▀████▄▄ ▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
bargainbin

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 03:22:38 AM

But it is about scalability ...but not in a knee-jerk way.
Remember when Bitcoin was gonna be the global currency of the future, cheapest, fastest way to transfer value around the world, without any gougy middlemen?
Yeah, me too. Never bought it myself, but was a heluva back story, no?

And remember the line how Bitcoin is immune to human spergings fuckups frailties, guaranteed by maths and algorithms and stuff?
Now we got a glimpse of the greasy midgets working our Mechanical Turk, so it don't quite seem as magical and secure and certain as the marks the suckers the general public was led to believe.

And, of course, when the CEO of Bitcoin one of the most senior devs publishes a piece about Bitcoin being dead...
Sad
DieJohnny (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 05:04:04 AM

Remember when Bitcoin was gonna be the global currency of the future, cheapest, fastest way to transfer value around the world, without any gougy middlemen?

And remember the line how Bitcoin is immune to human spergings fuckups frailties, guaranteed by maths and algorithms and stuff?
Now we got a glimpse of the greasy midgets working our Mechanical Turk, so it don't quite seem as magical and secure and certain as the marks the suckers the general public was led to believe.

And, of course, when the CEO of Bitcoin one of the most senior devs publishes a piece about Bitcoin being dead...
Sad

The problem is the masses that buy bitcoin in china, Russia, europe and even the USA aren't holding back because they are waiting for the block size debate to be settled, that is complete nonsense.

Anyone that wants to hedge against their other assets will buy bitcoin even if it takes an hour to confirm.

My prediction is we will resolve the scaling problem and nothing will happen to the price.

bargainbin

Activity: 126

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 05:46:46 AM

Sad

The problem is the masses that buy bitcoin in china, Russia, europe and even the USA aren't holding back because they are waiting for the block size debate to be settled, that is complete nonsense.

Anyone that wants to hedge against their other assets will buy bitcoin even if it takes an hour to confirm.

My prediction is we will resolve the scaling problem and nothing will happen to the price.

Sure, nobody's buying BTC to actually *use* it, but we do need a plausible backstory to rope in the rubes keep the dream alive for the stupid marks other Bitcoin enthusiasts. And now that they're making it tougher for our European friends to launder money through Bitcoin exchanges...
BellaBitBit

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 05:52:01 AM

It may have a bit to do with the scalability issue, it has been in the headlines for awhile now.  It could be financial uncertainty in general globally - no one knows what is a safe haven these days. Whatever it is, it is a chance to get some cheap coins.  Bitcoin has shown its resilience.

I love Bitcoin
J4mie

Activity: 33
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 08:06:34 AM

This is because of the huge pump during December, it'll go up again soon I think
martinacar

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 03:20:30 PM

I indeed think you now at this time it should go buy. Because the price is in fact now very low and that is just a good opportunity for everyone.
And then you have to hope that it can make you a profit.
afbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1061

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2016, 03:37:26 PM

For me its all normal market psychology after that mini bubble spike up to $500. this is all part of market correction from big price rises. Don't forget we were below $300 not so long ago, we are still up and bull mode is still on.

I still expect big rise due to halving, give it time.
afbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1061

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2016, 05:21:14 PM

Sad

who no-one had ever heard of until his little moment in the spotlight.

There are good reasons for the next bubble will take off, there will be capital flight from plunging stock markets, there is undervalued bitcoin which has fallen too far in value because scalability fear, there will be halving mania to factor in, there will eventually be agreement about scalability. While all that is going on there will be human greed who will notice a rapidly rising asset and rush to get onboard too. It could be a perfect storm
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 06:36:54 PM

I don't buy the conspiracy theory stuff. Bitcoin's no more desirable than it was a year ago. Nothing much has changed apart from more aggravation. The rest of the world still doesn't get it, banks still believe they can bypass it, the number of users is going up a little but it's not explosive. Considering all that it's doing ok.
Jon Connor

Activity: 46
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 07:03:54 PM

Its bitcoin...there are corrections to wild up swings and wild down swings. Price is where it should be. Hitting the 500 range at the end of last year from hitting around 170 range earlier last year is a massive jump in price. The price has to correct. We will see the same thing this year with the halving event. Its all speculation and knowing how to trade. I bought a lot of coins at 175 last year. I also bought then sold a lot of ltc and used the proceeds to buy bitcoin. ltc had a big rise in price due to speculation of their halving event. People could have made a lot of money last year buying low and then selling high in December. I bet a lot of people did.
blunderer

Activity: 154

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 10:42:53 AM

Sad

who no-one had ever heard of until his little moment in the spotlight.

There are good reasons for the next bubble will take off, there will be capital flight from plunging stock markets, there is undervalued bitcoin which has fallen too far in value because scalability fear, there will be halving mania to factor in, there will eventually be agreement about scalability. While all that is going on there will be human greed who will notice a rapidly rising asset and rush to get onboard too. It could be a perfect storm

We already have "agreement about scalability" -- Bitcoin doesn't scale, and 3tps (or 30 tps, or 300 tps) is as laughable for something pitching itself as "the fastest, cheapest way to send money around the world" is absurd.

The disagreement is in details only: one side feels Bitcoin should stay true to Satoshi's vision (Bitcoin: A Peer-to-Peer Electronic Cash System) for as long as possible by increasing max_block_size, while the other wishes to relegate it to being a "store of value" (lol) & what amounts to bank2bank settlement system.
The two sides are slapfighting each other & using potty language, for all the world to see, which brings us to the next agreement, agreement re. systems relying on consensus.

Which is: without clearly defining the mechanisms for achieving said, or even WTF "consensus" means: those don't work.

The "halving mania" is an addict's pipe dream, there is no frickin' mania, other than in bagholders' fevered imaginations. Put down the pipe, put out that lamp, and go home.
blunderer

Activity: 154

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 10:54:25 AM

I don't buy the conspiracy theory stuff. Bitcoin's no more desirable than it was a year ago. Nothing much has changed apart from more aggravation. The rest of the world still doesn't get it, banks still believe they can bypass it, the number of users is going up a little but it's not explosive. Considering all that it's doing ok.

No conspiracy theory. Quite the opposite -- the cat's out of the bag, the obvious is finally obvious to everyone -- Bitcoin doesn't scale well.
In its present form, it's capable or roughly 3 (three) transactions per second, which is roughly equal to 10 NYC bodegas.
It's also not controlled buy maths & sciences per sales pitch, but by a bunch of childish neckbeards, who take temper tantrums, have fragile egos & never agree on shit.
It's also not the cheapest way to send money around the world -- transactions are currently subsidized by Bitcoin base money inflation ("block rewards"), which amount to roughly $6 per transaction, no matter how small the transacted amount is. So useless as "P2P cash."
DieJohnny (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 04:53:39 PM

It's also not the cheapest way to send money around the world -- transactions are currently subsidized by Bitcoin base money inflation ("block rewards"), which amount to roughly $6 per transaction, no matter how small the transacted amount is. So useless as "P2P cash."

I liked your post until you said this.... I am either the stupidest human on the planet or you are wrong in every way I can possibly imagine. If you want to add the block reward to the cost of the transaction, then why not all of the power too.....and the cost per hour to send all those transactions, and the cost of my device is used to sent it.... your comment makes absolutely no sense.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: