Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 07:38:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum Pump & Dump Scam  (Read 32112 times)
UKBob

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

I like Ethereum and Rimbit

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 01:04:45 PM

As a newbie to the crypto markets, I do wonder if anyone has a real grasp of what is happening!  

People with a lot of experience shout buy whilst equally experienced others shout scam, sell.  

It is very hard to make a choice that is well informed and there must be a lot of people acting purely on gut instinct or greed or whatever else.

ETH has potential for sure, but then it has a very good marketing campaign too.

Someone pass me a crystal ball please!

What's sure is that noobs have no clue ^^

But yeah it's rather easy to understand what happened. Eth market cap was triple in something like two hours, it means huge whales came in, made lots of noise around it (spamming on reddit and here) so more people came and price rised for days, then the big whales took their profit. It's called a pump and dump.

Thank you!

I get that pump and dump thing and I can see why they do it etc. 

So as an experienced crypto person, how do you read the clues that this is a temporary pump and dump and not the start of ETH world domination?

RM6kf3k6d12nsTkV3B7amvsTUXcyFuFWaz
stoat

Activity: 686
Merit: 270

FREEDOM RESERVE

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2016, 01:08:29 PM

Yesterday it took me 16 seconds to transfer ETH. And it took me 45 minutes to get one confirmation on a BTC transaction.  Same exact dollar value.

Bitcoin is fucked

FREEDOMRESERVEFree currency for the British Isles
Visit our website for more info

<-- Click here!
FREEDOMRESERVE By the People and for the People
Armando

Activity: 870
Merit: 500

Trading will make me rich)

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 03:51:41 PM

Yesterday it took me 16 seconds to transfer ETH. And it took me 45 minutes to get one confirmation on a BTC transaction.  Same exact dollar value.

Bitcoin is fucked

Bitcoin trx speed sucks ass... but ETH is not the only one crypto with fast transactions, it was designed with "slightly" other features in mind I believe))
craked5

Activity: 840
Merit: 529

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 12:17:12 AM

As a newbie to the crypto markets, I do wonder if anyone has a real grasp of what is happening!  

People with a lot of experience shout buy whilst equally experienced others shout scam, sell.  

It is very hard to make a choice that is well informed and there must be a lot of people acting purely on gut instinct or greed or whatever else.

But yeah it's rather easy to understand what happened. Eth market cap was triple in something like two hours, it means huge whales came in, made lots of noise around it (spamming on reddit and here) so more people came and price rised for days, then the big whales took their profit. It's called a pump and dump.

Thank you!

So as an experienced crypto person, how do you read the clues that this is a temporary pump and dump and not the start of ETH world domination?

Easy, nothing that goes up fast will stay stable. Nothing ever. Eth had something like 250% growth in two days. It's to much you know it'll go back down Wink
Mastsetad

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 02:35:37 PM

Thank you!

Easy, nothing that goes up fast will stay stable. Nothing ever. Eth had something like 250% growth in two days. It's to much you know it'll go back down Wink

The Ethereum price is consolidating at the moment. If it stays around 0.005-0.01 for a few months, it is good.
bitcoinlitcoinbtcltc

Activity: 717
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 08:29:36 PM

It wont.

As we all can see, Ethereum does not follow Bitcoin. Which is an extremely bad sign; it is not only catastrophic for Ether holders, it is outright APOCALYPTIC.

This shows us that Ethereum has no interest in the cryptocommunity. If it had, it would move with BTC price; when actual Bitcoin holders and traders are trading. But it does not.

Meaning: when Bitcoin bubbles, Ethereum WON'T FOLLOW. In fact, it will do the OPPOSITE: people will dump their IPO/SCAM COIN Ethereum when they realise it doesn't follow the Bitcoin/Litecoin bubble, and try to get out and convert it to legitimate Bitcoin and Litecoin cryptocurrencies. Result: Ethereum price will DUMP HARD. Hard as: sub $1 within 1-6 hours of the dump initiating.

If you have halve a brain, you should be dumping your Ethereum shit. If you have a lot, I doubt you'll be able to get out because the scam coin lacks liquidity. Most people promoting it don't even have $20 invested in the shit coin. When someone with $1k invested sells, it will affect the price. But when you dump $50k worth of Litecoin, you won't even see a $0.01 change.

That's the difference between scam/shit/ipo/ponzi coins like Ethereum and legitimate cryptocurrencies like Litecoin.
Panadacoin

Activity: 296
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 08:34:49 PM

It wont.

As we all can see, Ethereum does not follow Bitcoin. Which is an extremely bad sign; it is not only catastrophic for Ether holders, it is outright APOCALYPTIC.

This shows us that Ethereum has no interest in the cryptocommunity. If it had, it would move with BTC price; when actual Bitcoin holders and traders are trading. But it does not.

Meaning: when Bitcoin bubbles, Ethereum WON'T FOLLOW. In fact, it will do the OPPOSITE: people will dump their IPO/SCAM COIN Ethereum when they realise it doesn't follow the Bitcoin/Litecoin bubble, and try to get out and convert it to legitimate Bitcoin and Litecoin cryptocurrencies. Result: Ethereum price will DUMP HARD. Hard as: sub $1 within 1-6 hours of the dump initiating.

If you have halve a brain, you should be dumping your Ethereum shit. If you have a lot, I doubt you'll be able to get out because the scam coin lacks liquidity. Most people promoting it don't even have $20 invested in the shit coin. When someone with $1k invested sells, it will affect the price. But when you dump $50k worth of Litecoin, you won't even see a $0.01 change.

That's the difference between scam/shit/ipo/ponzi coins like Ethereum and legitimate cryptocurrencies like Litecoin.

You seem really serious about your anger. Take deep breaths it will be okay.
Piston Honda
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1064

Juicin' crypto

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 08:41:41 PM

Yesterday it took me 16 seconds to transfer ETH. And it took me 45 minutes to get one confirmation on a BTC transaction.  Same exact dollar value.

Bitcoin is fucked

Bitcoin trx speed sucks ass... but ETH is not the only one crypto with fast transactions, it was designed with "slightly" other features in mind I believe))

bitswift is one of the quickest coins on the market.  especially since its recent improvements.  when you see the future integration coming among twitch steamers/gamers/e-league/gambling and more for using it, you'll see why it has to be so fast, which in turn will only be driving demand up.  

not to mention it's only about 4.x million coins with i'd guess about half in strong hands, tied up being used.  insanely undervalued at this point...prob not for long though, just sayin Wink

$ADK ~ watch & learn...
Digitalbitcoin

Activity: 1554
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2016, 09:28:35 PM

So is it actually a pump coin and will soon be dump,this is not a good news for holders,this is quite intriguing especially when I saw those conversations one newbie posted,he is not a newbie,a developer who wants to cloak his identity,this is a wait and see scenario but I bet ethereum will probably stay for good..

I do not think Ethereum is a pump and dump coins. There is active development of this coin. That is totally different from other scam coins.
Absolutely Its still in development phase also have open source for app development .
houlala1

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 02:42:07 AM

Seems there is a bug on ethereum blockchain

https://www.reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/46s1q0/if_you_want_eth_to_be_serious_you_seriously_need/

stoat

FREEDOM RESERVE

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2016, 04:54:58 AM

No, the user probably made a mistake.  Or lost money gambling

<-- Click here!
Mastsetad

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 09:20:59 AM

If this is a bug, I am glad it is found. The Ethereum is still in beta status. There should be a lot of improvement.
craked5

Activity: 840
Merit: 529

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 11:45:18 AM

Thank you!

The Ethereum price is consolidating at the moment. If it stays around 0.005-0.01 for a few months, it is good.

Of course, it doesn't mean the price can't go up, just that 250% growth is not natural ^^
apriyoni

Activity: 308

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2016, 03:24:02 PM

Thank you!

Of course, it doesn't mean the price can't go up, just that 250% growth is not natural ^^

The Ethereum price is consolidating at the moment around the 0.01 range. It seems there is quite strong buy support below that.
Mastsetad

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 05:39:30 PM

Maybe I would call that value finding process. The Ethereum price was suppressed by whales to accumulate coins.
shyliar

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 08:16:30 PM

Bitcoin is fucked

Unfortunately in a decentralized network speed generally means giving up on security. This is why every decentralized coin will never be fully scalable and a system with multiply crypto-currencies is evolving. Fact is if you have a decentralized coin with a market capital in the Billions it better be slow and secure if you expect institutional investors to participate.

If speed (with security) is required accepting centralization is inevitable. Goes against the very principles that attracts most people to crypto in the first place.
apriyoni

Activity: 308

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2016, 08:35:39 PM

Bitcoin is fucked

Unfortunately in a decentralized network speed generally means giving up on security. This is why every decentralized coin will never be fully scalable and a system with multiply crypto-currencies is evolving. Fact is if you have a decentralized coin with a market capital in the Billions it better be slow and secure if you expect institutional investors to participate.

If speed (with security) is required accepting centralization is inevitable. Goes against the very principles that attracts most people to crypto in the first place.

To me, centralisation is not good. I do not want somebody else to control my wealth. I want to control it myself.
Coinraptor

Activity: 257
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 10:12:25 PM

sorry for being a lttle bit off topic but do someone remeber how much money made ETH during their ICO?

nickenburg

Activity: 434
Merit: 511

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 11:19:27 PM

It wont.

I think it's a little to early to say Ethereum doesn't follow Bitcoin or Litecoin.
The coin Only has started to go to the moon since a few weeks.
So it's really still adapting to the market I think this coin will at least see $10> soon.

It's just to early to say that kind of stuff, its like saying in the first month's of bitcoin that it is a ponzi scam.
stoat

FREEDOM RESERVE

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2016, 02:55:30 AM

Seems like the Ether price keeps climbing in spite of FUD threads like this one.

<-- Click here!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: